May 11, 2019
i spoke to my lawyer and she sent me this:
Date received: DEC 11 2018--estimated completed date: DEC 11 2019
Review of Eligibility: we are reviewing whether you meet the requirements
Review of medical: passed March 8 2019
Review of additional documents: not applicable
Interview: you do not need an interview
Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints-if it changes we will let you know
Background check: we are processing your background check. we will let you know if we need more info
Final Decision: your application is in progress . we will send you a message once the final decision is made.

Anyone have any insight on this? how long does background check take? my spouse is in Pakistan
Background check can take few days to months.. there are people from 2017 and their background check is still going on.

Adeena

May 11, 2019
i spoke to my lawyer and she sent me this:
Date received: DEC 11 2018--estimated completed date: DEC 11 2019
Review of Eligibility: we are reviewing whether you meet the requirements
Review of medical: passed March 8 2019
Review of additional documents: not applicable
Interview: you do not need an interview
Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints-if it changes we will let you know
Background check: we are processing your background check. we will let you know if we need more info
Final Decision: your application is in progress . we will send you a message once the final decision is made.

Anyone have any insight on this? how long does background check take? my spouse is in Pakistan
Have your spouse given biometrics?

pettar2462

Jan 25, 2016
Thursday night I received a ghost update! YAY!
Friday afternoon I got an email saying there was an update and logged on to find I had a letter for "Pre-arrival services".
This is a good thing right? And are these things that I need to do? Or just helpful suggestions to help get situated in Canada once I officially arrive?

I'm a freelance/contracting designer, so I'll probably just keep doing that when it's official. And probably get settled with a contracting service up here. That's the plan anyways....

Also, is it a pretty long wait for PPR after you receive the pre-arrival letter?

Cheers!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thursday night I received a ghost update! YAY!
Friday afternoon I got an email saying there was an update and logged on to find I had a letter for "Pre-arrival services".
This is a good thing right? And are these things that I need to do? Or just helpful suggestions to help get situated in Canada once I officially arrive?

I'm a freelance/contracting designer, so I'll probably just keep doing that when it's official. And probably get settled with a contracting service up here. That's the plan anyways....

Also, is it a pretty long wait for PPR after you receive the pre-arrival letter?

Cheers!
Pre arrival means your PA passed their eligibility. If your processing office is Mississauga then they are quick to issue DM PPR provided your BGC is completed.

Reactions: pettar2462

didhddidhd

Feb 27, 2019
Hello
My case is really slow with no reason

ECAS showing

Sponsorship
1. We received your application to sponsor ***** on December 31, 2018.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2019.
3. We started processing your application on February 21, 2019.
4. We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Permanent Residence
1. We received ****** application for permanent residence on December 31, 2018.
2. We sent ****** a letter on June 9, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We sent ******* medical instructions on June 10, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

All I got is biometrics payment request on March 5, Medical request on June 10 and Sponsorship Eligibility Decision on June 11.
I'm curious about the second line on permanent residence '2. We sent ****** a letter on June 9, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.'
It could be Sponsorship Eligibility Decision letter what I got on June 11?
Also, my CIC still doesn't show any progress.
It is showing 'No data available in table.'
Is it normal to updated this late?

maxim88

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Pre arrival means your PA passed their eligibility. If your processing office is Mississauga then they are quick to issue DM PPR provided your BGC is completed.
are you sure thats what it means?

we have received pre-arrival but it still states in progress for the PA in ECAS.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
are you sure thats what it means?

we have received pre-arrival but it still states in progress for the PA in ECAS.
Yes I am sure. That In Process is not just for eligibility but everything including background check and bio medicals (the whole processing). Once all that completes and they pass it a decision is made that’s when that ‘In Process’ changes to ‘Decision Made.’ Also even on GCKey, Eligibility and Background Check will be the same ‘saying we are processing’ even when you get your PPR. All of that will change to completed when your passport and COPR (or only COPR if you’re from a visa exempt country) will be on its way back to you after issuance.

maxim88

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Yes I am sure. That In Process is not just for eligibility but everything including background check and bio medicals (the whole processing). Once all that completes and they pass it a decision is made that’s when that ‘In Process’ changes to ‘Decision Made.’ Also even on GCKey, Eligibility and Background Check will be the same ‘saying we are processing’ even when you get your PPR. All of that will change to completed when your passport and COPR (or only COPR if you’re from a visa exempt country) will be on its way back to you after issuance.
could it be in progress because we are still waiting for the CSQ?

Dan2019Dan

Jun 16, 2019
Hi There.

We sent our application in September 2018 and was informed in December 2018 that due to a form change we needed to resend all our forms again.

Application was considered to be received on Jan 15 2019.
Sponsor was approved and medicals request was sent on March 21, 2019.
Medicals were received and on March 27, 2019.

My wife has not yet received a letter requesting her bio-metrics.

She is in India.

I am wondering if it is normal to get the medical request before the bio-metric request.....
I am also wondering how long it usually would take to get the bio-metric request after the completion of he medicals.

Has anyone had this type of experience? What do you think our timeline would be before the application is finalized?

Thanks.

Danjee

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
Hi There.

We sent our application in September 2018 and was informed in December 2018 that due to a form change we needed to resend all our forms again.

Application was considered to be received on Jan 15 2019.
Sponsor was approved and medicals request was sent on March 21, 2019.
Medicals were received and on March 27, 2019.

My wife has not yet received a letter requesting her bio-metrics.

She is in India.

I am wondering if it is normal to get the medical request before the bio-metric request.....
I am also wondering how long it usually would take to get the bio-metric request after the completion of he medicals.

Has anyone had this type of experience? What do you think our timeline would be before the application is finalized?

Thanks.

Danjee
Good morning Danjee

Yes it is normal to get the medical request before the biometrics. It happened like that for me and many others. I got my biometrics around 2 months after medical was passed.

It is very hard to estimate a time of completion within the 12 month estimate cic already proves for 80% of us. You could get biometrics request tomorrow and get approve within a week or you can get the biometrics months down the line we just don’t know since every application is different and unique all on their own. Just keep your head up and hopefully you hear from them soon.

Dan2019Dan

Jun 16, 2019
Good morning Danjee

Yes it is normal to get the medical request before the biometrics. It happened like that for me and many others. I got my biometrics around 2 months after medical was passed.

It is very hard to estimate a time of completion within the 12 month estimate cic already proves for 80% of us. You could get biometrics request tomorrow and get approve within a week or you can get the biometrics months down the line we just don’t know since every application is different and unique all on their own. Just keep your head up and hopefully you hear from them soon.
Thank You for your reply!

We will keep out fingers crossed that we get our bio-metrics letter soon and can continue on with the application process....

Last edited:

Almasrabab

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi guys,
hope all is going well for everyone!
My husband and I finally planned a vacation to Turkey next month. (July 16)
we received a file transfer to Amman and now we are still waiting for a medical request. (biometrics already completed)
My husband is from Iraq and that's where he lives if they requestion a medical exam from him, can he do it in Turkey? or does he have to wait to get back home.
also, I heard they have to choose the doctor office/ doctor for you?
he can only get time off of work once each month, so if they do not allow him to do it in Turkey than he would have to wait until end of August.