+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Just landed today(May 8, 2019) at port of entry in Niagara Falls.

I feel so blessed to get everything settled in Canada only few days before my birthday, and I know I cannot make this through with the support from my partner, my rep, and most importantly you guys! This 4-month journey had been filled with anxiety and surprises, it was uneasy and inconvenient for me to travel to another country just to get the biometrics done, that's just inhuman and not fair! And I am sure there are some challenges for you guys too, but trust me the effort we put in is all gonna be paid off in the end when the moment you know you get to settled down in Canada to be with your loved one to start a new life. I wholeheartedly wish everyone all the best and get what you wished for in no time!

Tips for everyone
1. Minor errors on CoPR.
When I first got my CoPR the "Original landing date" and "Last time Landing date" are both wrong.
My rep suggested NOT to fix them before landing. Because it takes long time to fix and it's gonna be exhausting. You can always fix this after Landing.

During the landing I double checked with the CSBA officer, he reassured me said it's all gonna be fine I could just leave it like that, no problem at all. If it really bothers you, here's how you can fix it after landing:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

2. Link PR card application after landing to MyCIC.
So you can check the process there. Generally pr card arrives in 8-10 weeks after landing, but I have heard people getting their card in the third or twelfth week, it happens.

Anecdotal Experience for the landing service
If you are an applicant who's currently residing inside Canada, I hope this may be helpful for you.

I went to rainbow bridge port of entry (POE) and turned out it's NOT the most efficient place for PR landing, it's extremely busy all the time and the line for landing service usually takes 3-4 hours there, while the actual processing time for my case only took 10-15 minutes. If anyone needs to enter Canada to have landing service done, I would 100% hands down recommend the other two POE(Peace bridge and Lewiston-Queenston Bridge) in stead of rainbow bridge, you can easily get things done within an hour.

Each POE IN NIAGARA FALLS only accepts 200 flagpole cases on a daily basis. Although the CBSA staffs work 24/7, but they only accept flagpole landing cases from 8am-midnight on Tue, Wed, and Thur. It's not on there protocols but they do sometimes make exceptions if you are extremely lucky. My partner lined up for me at 7:30am when I went to US side to get a flagpole ticket, there were already 10 ppl ahead of him waiting for the landing service outside of waiting room. So dress warm and be there early!

POE near 1000 islands lake accept flagpole landing 24/7.
Congratulations once again, thanks for the handy hints and finally, Happy Birthday!

pkeyur

Aug 10, 2017
My wife just submitted her passport for visa stamping through vfs india.

Can i book her ticket in june around 8 to 10 before even recei

Reactions: Impatient1

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Just got an updated that my wife's passport has been dispatched from IRCC Delhi. Our passport was received at IRCC Delhi on April 24. Passport will be arriving by saturday (expected). Tickets booked for May 24th. wooohhoooooooooooo. !!
GCkey updated to Application Approved.
Got COPR number and Visa validity in GCkey as well.

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
Just got an updated that my wife's passport has been dispatched from IRCC Delhi. Our passport was received at IRCC Delhi on April 24. Passport will be arriving by saturday (expected). Tickets booked for May 24th. wooohhoooooooooooo. !!
GCkey updated to Application Approved.
Got COPR number and Visa validity in GCkey as well.
Congrats man! That light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger and bigger :)

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Hello All ,

After submitting Additional documents , is there any confirmation email is sent by CIC for receiving those documents ? I sent email to the email given in the letter and no confirmation back if it’s recieved or not . Also , uploaded through CSE , no email confirmation either . Does the status change ? Still showing we need additional documents to process your application .
Thankyou

Japryl

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Update! I dont know if its a ghost update or what, but when i opened my gckey account im pretty sure i saw “application/profile updated”, then when i reloaded the account because my internet sucks(lol) it went back to submitted. Is that how ghost update usually goes? I hope i was not daydreaming HAHAHA

Reactions: Brugonzalez7

Japryl

Star Member
Dec 20, 2018
Update! I dont know if its a ghost update or what, but when i opened my gckey account im pretty sure i saw “application/profile updated”, then when i reloaded the account because my internet sucks(lol) it went back to submitted. Is that how ghost update usually goes? I hope i was not daydreaming HAHAHA

Brugonzalez7

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
New York
I hope you weren’t daydreaming too! Lol

Reactions: Waggles88

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
Thats what we call ghost update. Expect something tomorrow or later today. Keep an eye out on ecas.

bhangu9192

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Doc's Request.
11-05-2019
Passport Req..
waiting
its been a month since I send the additional documents..Still nothing,