+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Impatient1

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
Toronto
I just got another request for additional documents...proof of communication.. asking fr text messages etc.. how can i send that?
I read someone on here mention that as of this march you have to provide translations of proof of communication as well.

Id get the originals and translations side by side on a pdf and submit via email or on gckey account

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Guys anyone who could answer me !!!
I got sponsor approval then what is that meant reviewing if u meet the eligibility or not ? Is this for sponsor or pa?and how long does it take to finish this process

phushcan

Apr 23, 2019
I've submitted my biometric today (5/8). I checked my GCkey and it already has the biometric number and enrolment/expiry dates. There's an empty field (Biometric: ), I am assuming that's where 'Passed' will appear? It also says that there is no additional documents needed, could that change? I am hoping and praying to get a DM and PPR by mid June!

Reactions: Brugonzalez7

Waggles88

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
I've submitted my biometric today (5/8). I checked my GCkey and it already has the biometric number and enrolment/expiry dates. There's an empty field (Biometric: ), I am assuming that's where 'Passed' will appear? It also says that there is no additional documents needed, could that change? I am hoping and praying to get a DM and PPR by mid June!
Unfortunately yes, it can all change right up until you land in Canada (not likely after Decision Made)
Good luck with your mid June target

bhangu9192

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Doc's Request.
11-05-2019
Passport Req..
waiting
Does anyone know, how long after they(CIC) takes decision on your application after you submitted the additional documents ? cuz I got the email on 11 of April and due date is 11 of may..its been a month of complete silence..
and I heard they take decision closer to the due date .. anyone has the experience ?

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Just landed today(May 8, 2019) at port of entry in Niagara Falls.

I feel so blessed to get everything settled in Canada only few days before my birthday, and I know I cannot make this through with the support from my partner, my rep, and most importantly you guys! This 4-month journey had been filled with anxiety and surprises, it was uneasy and inconvenient for me to travel to another country just to get the biometrics done, that's just inhuman and not fair! And I am sure there are some challenges for you guys too, but trust me the effort we put in is all gonna be paid off in the end when the moment you know you get to settled down in Canada to be with your loved one to start a new life. I wholeheartedly wish everyone all the best and get what you wished for in no time!

Tips for everyone
1. Minor errors on CoPR.
When I first got my CoPR the "Original landing date" and "Last time Landing date" are both wrong.
My rep suggested NOT to fix them before landing. Because it takes long time to fix and it's gonna be exhausting. You can always fix this after Landing.

During the landing I double checked with the CSBA officer, he reassured me said it's all gonna be fine I could just leave it like that, no problem at all. If it really bothers you, here's how you can fix it after landing:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

2. Link PR card application after landing to MyCIC.
So you can check the process there. Generally pr card arrives in 8-10 weeks after landing, but I have heard people getting their card in the third or twelfth week, it happens.

Anecdotal Experience for the landing service
If you are an applicant who's currently residing inside Canada, I hope this may be helpful for you.

I went to rainbow bridge port of entry (POE) and turned out it's NOT the most efficient place for PR landing, it's extremely busy all the time and the line for landing service usually takes 3-4 hours there, while the actual processing time for my case only took 10-15 minutes. If anyone needs to enter Canada to have landing service done, I would 100% hands down recommend the other two POE(Peace bridge and Lewiston-Queenston Bridge) in stead of rainbow bridge, you can easily get things done within an hour.

Each POE IN NIAGARA FALLS only accepts 200 flagpole cases on a daily basis. Although the CBSA staffs work 24/7, but they only accept flagpole landing cases from 8am-midnight on Tue, Wed, and Thur. It's not on there protocols but they do sometimes make exceptions if you are extremely lucky. My partner lined up for me at 7:30am when I went to US side to get a flagpole ticket, there were already 10 ppl ahead of him waiting for the landing service outside of waiting room. So dress warm and be there early!

POE near 1000 islands lake accept flagpole landing 24/7.

Last edited: