+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Do not call again and again , it could potentially delay the application further
How could it delay an application when a person genuinely has a concern? I read a comment earlier that said calls shouldn't affect your application time at all, the rep just makes a note regarding the call. I have called a few times in the past few weeks all relating to my former rep not sending me anything and the only way to get any updates about anything such as the file transfer and med passing was listening to the automated system and talking to someone. I spoke to someone on Wednesday a rep who I spoke to the first time I called in March about not getting correspondence from my former rep and rep going MIA for weeks and what to do and inquiring if I had biometrics request sent because I would not be able to get access to it. I finally was able to meet up with my husband to sign and upload the form they needed but IRCC still had the ex-rep info as the place to contact even after receiving the signed form so the rep I spoke to removed it and told me I should be okay from now on as any correspondence will be sent to me. I don't see how something like that could cause a delay.

bkumar3

Nov 21, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Do not call again and again , it could potentially delay the application further
This is not true. They will take calls and they do not judge your questions. Their job is to give answers. There is no delay because of this. The only delays will be because of poorly filed application or due to high application volumes. I feel everyone who filed in January will be done with by end of this month. Specially if PA is from INDIA and if all documents are correctly filed. So far a couple of my other friends who are also coming from INDIA have had their COPR given within this week.

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
This is not true. They will take calls and they do not judge your questions. Their job is to give answers. There is no delay because of this. The only delays will be because of poorly filed application or due to high application volumes. I feel everyone who filed in January will be done with by end of this month. Specially if PA is from INDIA and if all documents are correctly filed. So far a couple of my other friends who are also coming from INDIA have had their COPR given within this week.
In our case PA is from India and we are still awaiting file transfer. I did submit all docs as per checklist with 20 photos. My husband (PA) added my name as spouse on his passport.

I am hesitant to call as well thinking it should not have any time. Last time the rep was too rude and he was not even talking. He was more like investigating and asking confusing questions.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016

I don't think the everyone part is true but I think like you said location of the applicant is big, especially as you said if they are from India. I noticed from looking at the past spreadsheets and posts from the past year, more COPR's are given way quicker to those applicants from India more than any other country in 3-4 months and not just for Jan 2019 applicants. It seems this is a pattern that if an applicant is from India they will be given COPR quicker than an applicant from another country.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
In our case PA is from India and we are still awaiting file transfer. I did submit all docs as per checklist with 20 photos. My husband (PA) added my name as spouse on his passport.

I am hesitant to call as well thinking it should not have any time. Last time the rep was too rude and he was not even talking. He was more like investigating and asking confusing questions.
There are nice ones there. If you have a genuine concern I would call. I only had one person that was nasty and it was a female and she gave me false information which prompted me to call a while later and was told the rep did give me wrong information and he proceeded to tell me the correct information that I was seeking. All other reps I had spoke to were males and were nice. I would try again.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I dont understand why sometimes we are so impatient with the processing ...it clearly states 12 months ...
I don't think it's an impatient thing. For me I called multiple times because of a rep who gone MIA and only sent me the med request and SA because I was told from the automated system and saw on ECAS about it, not him, and only after multiple text messages did he send it and went MIA again and has been for weeks. I made calls to protect myself until I could sign and submit the disassociate rep form. And I think the human nature feeling is to be happy for others yes, but also get jealous and bothered when other people are moving along much quicker in the process and getting their approval so fast, when there is still so much left to do for their own application. In this situation it is normal to compare your application progress to others. That's just reality. It's not an impatient thing.

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
I don't think it's an impatient thing. For me I called multiple times because of a rep who gone MIA and only sent me the med request and SA because I was told from the automated system and saw on ECAS about it, not him, and only after multiple text messages did he send it and went MIA again and has been for weeks. I made calls to protect myself until I could sign and submit the disassociate rep form. And I think the human nature feeling is to be happy for others yes, but also get jealous and bothered when other people are moving along much quicker in the process and getting their approval so fast, when there is still so much left to do for their own application. In this situation it is normal to compare your application progress to others. That's just reality. It's not an impatient thing.
I second your views @MustLoveCats, with u completely. In your case it’s required to call.
And why can’t we call when we see others have same timeline moving ahead. We can wait couple of weeks but not months together. And couple like us where one partner does not have visa to visit Canada and only sponsor can visit and that too not more than 2 weeks preferably and here we get only 2-3 weeks vacation in a year. How can one be not impatient being away from spouse. I get so overwhelmed and stressed at times. If you see your application is moving on average timelines like others, you are hopeful of next process but if it’s stuck for days together, it is going make you stressed.

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
honestly i think Indian Wedding cannot be summarized in just 20 pics.. you need to keep more pictures only then genuineness is proved.
You are smart @patelboss
I wish I could have gone ahead with my first workaround wherein I have compiled each occasion in word with 3-4 pics on one page and just printed them. Thought of submitting 20 such pages but then someone advised don’t give more than they have asked. And checklist states maximum 20 in bold n underlined

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
honestly i think Indian Wedding cannot be summarized in just 20 pics.. you need to keep more pictures only then genuineness is proved.
You are smart @patelboss
I wish I could have gone ahead with my first workaround wherein I have compiled each occasion in word with 3-4 pics on one page and just printed them. Thought of submitting 20 such pages but then someone advised don’t give more than they have asked. And checklist states maximum 20 in bold n underlined
They do not want to see your wedding in providing 20 or 200 pics. They want to see are you still in relationship? provide only 20 pics but different time frame to prove you are still in relation

Reactions: MRM8789

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
You are smart @patelboss
I know right?! Wonder I should do another webform with more pictures. ???

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I second your views @MustLoveCats, with u completely. In your case it’s required to call.
And why can’t we call when we see others have same timeline moving ahead. We can wait couple of weeks but not months together. And couple like us where one partner does not have visa to visit Canada and only sponsor can visit and that too not more than 2 weeks preferably and here we get only 2-3 weeks vacation in a year. How can one be not impatient being away from spouse. I get so overwhelmed and stressed at times. If you see your application is moving on average timelines like others, you are hopeful of next process but if it’s stuck for days together, it is going make you stressed.

I get it completely and that's how I see it as well. Next Tuesday my husband and I will be together for 4 years, married for 2 this fall, and yeah it is hard being away from your spouse so many times and days out of a year. Seeing such a difference in progression is completely stressful. I am from the states and according to the spreadsheets of Jan and Feb 2019, any US applicant before my app was delivered has received biometric request and even some after me in January and even a ton in February. It is down right confusing and frustrating.

Canadabanana

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I get it completely and that's how I see it as well. Next Tuesday my husband and I will be together for 4 years, married for 2 this fall, and yeah it is hard being away from your spouse so many times and days out of a year. Seeing such a difference in progression is completely stressful. I am from the states and according to the spreadsheets of Jan and Feb 2019, any US applicant before my app was delivered has received biometric request and even some after me in January and even a ton in February. It is down right confusing and frustrating.
My husband is from the US, we both currently live here, and we're still waiting on biometric request as well.... medical completed 1 month ago now. Very frustrating waiting for this step while ee everyone else has done it already!