+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Larangharad

Mar 16, 2019
I doubt if they’d ask us to do it again after RCMP.. Maybe just the fee is mandatory whether we are doing it or not?

Anyways requesting applicants to fly back to their home country to record biometrics just sounds insane...99% sure they are not gonna ask us to do that! Also here's link stating it is possible to do it in Canada, IF they are crazy enough to ask people do it twice: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

Actually you cannot do them in Canada :(

That’s why some people have been crossing into the states to do them ) even though that’s not recommended on the website)
You cannot do biometrics at a POE, only VAC unfortunately. (Unless you’re on a work visa I believe and leaving to come back again)

For anyone applying outland but living in Canada must leave to do them :(.
It’s surprising they asked for the Rcmp fingerprints first though. Others who are here as visitors and applied outland have some biometrics letters rolling in with similar timelines to us and i have seen the letter from someone else, unfortunately you do have to leave and it recommends that you don’t go to the states.
So yeh, I have to fly home to Uk to do them :(

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Very sorry to hear that :( did you live in different countries? Any other country except your current one where you stayed for more than 6 months? Any clues why they would think some info is missing? Maybe a police certificate is older than 3 months at the moment of sending?
I lived in Scotland from November 2016 to March 2018. But I believe the checklist required the country of my current residence if I have lived there for more than 6 montgs. For me it's Russia. Because by the time we applied I have lived in Russia for 10 months. And also the country in which I have spent most of my life since the age of 18. Which, again, is Russia. For the last 7 years I spent only 3 in the UK.

The certificate was issued on October 22, which was still within the 3 month period by the time our application was received by Sydney (January 17). But neither the checklist nor the complete guide state the lifespan of the police check!

I thought maybe the police check didn't have both of the surnames I used, but it has both my current AND maiden surname! So it's complete.

Literally. What the bleep? :( So so so angry and devastated. My husband couldn't sleep last night because of those and I am having the most horrible morning.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Sorry to hear this..must be a difficult time for you two! Is the police certificate or criminal record check still valid? Usually it is very time-sensitive
It was still valid at the time Sydney signed for it. Definitely have to get a new one and spend money on the certified translation AGAIN.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
My husband receuve
Did you call or receive the packet straight away?
My husband was going to call later this week (today or tomorrow) but instead he received the package in the mail yesterday. I'll find out more details tonight when I call him after work :)

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I have an update in my ECAS.
1. We received your application to sponsor _______ on January 24, 2019.
2. We started processing your application on March 20, 2019

***AOR EMAIL WILL COME SOON*** ???

Reactions: sohrabp

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Yeah, apparently when they returned my application, they attached a letter saying that the reason it was returned was: "Police Certificate - not included". And a few pages on how we should double check our application before sending it, and check the guides and yada yada yada. Nothing about how to get in touch with them if we believe there is an error made on their behalf or for guidance. Nothing. So he's calling them today to find out what had happened. I'll post an update in the evening when I know more.

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I lived in Scotland from November 2016 to March 2018. But I believe the checklist required the country of my current residence if I have lived there for more than 6 montgs. For me it's Russia. Because by the time we applied I have lived in Russia for 10 months. And also the country in which I have spent most of my life since the age of 18. Which, again, is Russia. For the last 7 years I spent only 3 in the UK.

The certificate was issued on October 22, which was still within the 3 month period by the time our application was received by Sydney (January 17). But neither the checklist nor the complete guide state the lifespan of the police check!

I thought maybe the police check didn't have both of the surnames I used, but it has both my current AND maiden surname! So it's complete.

Literally. What the bleep? :( So so so angry and devastated. My husband couldn't sleep last night because of those and I am having the most horrible morning.
Hi, sorry to hear that your application was returned. However, you need to include a police certificate for every country you've lived in for 6 months or more in the last 10 years, or since you were 18. It looks like the time you spent in Scotland would fall within that timeline. That was roughly three years ago and you spent over 6 months there.

Again, I'm really sorry to hear. I wish they would just request the extra documents, instead of returning everything.

Hensy

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
PA will submit passport to a vac india anf they will stamp a visa. Mississauga will do the paper work. You should be happy it went to Mississauga and not New Delhi.
Oo I didn’t know New Delhi takes longer time. How long it usually takes to get Passport requests after it goes to Mississauga visa office ?

dks2500

Mar 11, 2019

Sorry to hear..Unfortunately (I think I remember reading) you need a police record from anywhere you lived 6 months or longer.. so from Scotland too. That’s what I’m guessing they are looking for.

Hensy

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
I am Jan 24 and still waiting for AOR
You should check the online status with receipt number and applicant information cuz everyone from Jan submission file began processing.

I am jan 21 and already completed medical. Call them n find out if anything shows up on online status

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi, sorry to hear that your application was returned. However, you need to include a police certificate for every country you've lived in for 6 months or more in the last 10 years, or since you were 18. It looks like the time you spent in Scotland would fall within that timeline. That was roughly three years ago and you spent over 6 months there.

Again, I'm really sorry to hear. I wish they would just request the extra documents, instead of returning everything.
What's the source of this information? I think it's old requirements. The new ones are those that @mpigeau mentioned.
But maybe they somehow considered 3 years in UK was significant amount of time.