+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
Can you please share what your email with UCI says? Except UCI :)

UCI: xxxxxxx
Application No.: xxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Sponsor name,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2019/01/03 on behalf of the following member(s):

Spouse name.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

Centralized Intake Office
PO Box 9500
Sydney NS B1P 0H5
Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
When does the PA have to do biometrics? My partner (PA) is in Canada right now, but will be going home in April. We've already paid the biometric fee. Thank you!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
When does the PA have to do biometrics? My partner (PA) is in Canada right now, but will be going home in April. We've already paid the biometric fee. Thank you!
Usually, but not always, it's one of the first steps after AOR. A biometric request can come in 1-2 weeks after you receive AOR.

Reactions: erinennis26

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Looking at your timeline, I can give you some rough estimates (it's only my ideas, nothing more). You'll get your AOR in 2 weeks or so. Maybe in a week after that you'll get a biometric request. Now it looks like it will fall to around March 15 or so. And you'll be given 30 days to provide them.
So if your partner is planning to go to a home country somewhere in the end of April, there might be a chance the time to give biometric request will be over to that moment. Just consider it so that not find yourself in an unpleasant situation. Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: erinennis26

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
We can go to the states to give biometrics right?
Hi,
Why biometrics if PA in Canada? I think minor chance for biometric request if pA in Canada but have to give biometric next time when PA renew hid/her PR Card because currently no department in canada to take biometric for pr applicant.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hi,
Why biometrics if PA in Canada? I think minor chance for biometric request if pA in Canada but have to give biometric next time when PA renew hid/her PR Card because currently no department in canada to take biometric for pr applicant.
I think in this case "in Canada" means "visitor". For outland applications I believe now in 2019 residence of all countries (maybe except US, I'm not sure) have to provide biometrics.

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
Looking at your timeline, I can give you some rough estimates (it's only my ideas, nothing more). You'll get your AOR in 2 weeks or so. Maybe in a week after that you'll get a biometric request. Now it looks like it will fall to around March 15 or so. And you'll be given 30 days to provide them.
So if your partner is planning to go to a home country somewhere in the end of April, there might be a chance the time to give biometric request will be over to that moment. Just consider it so that not find yourself in an unpleasant situation. Good lick! :)
Thank you! He is going back to Australia on April 2nd.

Reactions: alaria

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
I
I think in this case "in Canada" means "visitor". For outland applications I believe now in 2019 residence of all countries (maybe except US, I'm not sure) have to provide biometrics.
Im not sure but I found this information on cic site:
Temporary exemption: Applying in Canada

If you are applying for a visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence in Canada – you are exempt until the in-Canada service is established.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Biometrics are now required for US applicants starting the first of the year. I am from the US. We paid the fee and submitted the receipt with our application.