Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
Yay, finally, January applicants are getting updates!! Congrats, guys! Can't wait to hear about your AORs!!
So just to be clear, before we can link our application online, we must first receive our AOR1 either in an e-mail or mail. The application # should be included in either of those, THEN we can link our applications online?

Thank you!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
So just to be clear, before we can link our application online, we must first receive our AOR1 either in an e-mail or mail. The application # should be included in either of those, THEN we can link our applications online?

Thank you!
Hi! No. You don't need to wait for AOR. I've read maybe around a dozen of cases already on this forum, or maybe more, and all of them are same, so I can mostly sure tell you what's happening.

You can link an app before getting an AOR. You can use a combination that does not require an application number, for example first/last names, or UCI (if you know it) and a last name. BUT! It usually can happen only 1-2 days before your AOR is coming. That means when IRCC is finally starting working on your file, and your info is in their system, you can link an app. An AOR comes a bit later, as I said in 1-2 days. So for you (Jan 16 applicant) I guess there's no point now to try to link it, wait 2 more weeks :)

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
Hi! No. You don't need to wait for AOR. I've read maybe around a dozen of cases already on this forum, or maybe more, and all of them are same, so I can mostly sure tell you what's happening.

You can link an app before getting an AOR. You can use a combination that does not require an application number, for example first/last names, or UCI (if you know it) and a last name. BUT! It usually can happen only 1-2 days before your AOR is coming. That means when IRCC is finally starting working on your file, and your info is in their system, you can link an app. An AOR comes a bit later, as I said in 1-2 days. So for you (Jan 16 applicant) I guess there's no point now to try to link it, wait 2 more weeks :)
Thank you!! I tried looking it up with my partner's (principal applicant) UCI # but nothing came up, so I guess they haven't even started working on it (he has a UCI from his IEC visa he got two years ago). Hopefully we hear something soon! :)

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I am soooooo relieved. My checklist was of june 2018 and nod dec 2018. Plus wives birth certificate was kinda worn out from edges. But everything worked out.
Did you send your original birth certificate with the file or just a true copy of the same?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Photocopy of birth certificate. Not original or not attested copy. They need original only if there is late registered birth or something like that.
Yeah was just wondering since you specified yours is worn out on the edges.

erinennis26

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
22-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2019
LANDED..........
27-08-2019
I am soooooo relieved. My checklist was of june 2018 and nod dec 2018. Plus wives birth certificate was kinda worn out from edges. But everything worked out.
I used the June 2018 checklist as well! I didn't even realize there was an updated version!