+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

tmsw

Apr 26, 2021
Can you please tell me from where you got revert back ? Means webform revert or local office revert or centeral office revert or secondary office revert ?

Since my application took a long time to give any update since DM, I did few things and I will share them here, so anyone in my situation can try to do them.

1. I called several times to IRCC call center: I did not get any help from them. They just said everything in your application seems good. You have to just wait until you get your COPR (So I don't recommend calling the IRCC call center)

2. I sent a general web form (without attaching any document): That doesn't do any help either. I got a general reply by saying they are taking a longer time than usual due to covid-19.

3. I obtain a GMCS note: GMCS note is really valuable, I can see every step that they have done regarding my application.

4. I sent a case-specific enquiry through webform ( I attached my son's Canadian birth certificate because I saw in the GMCS note that they have raised a comment on why I haven't included my son in the PR application): That may be helped because I got a reply that they have forwarded my son's birth certificate to the officer. I suggest, if you are sending a web form, attached documents such as your current work permits in Canada and/or documents to prove that you are in Canada.

5. I contacted PM: Since I did not get any update for more than 6 months since DM, I called to Ministry of immigration and they gave me the local PM's (parliament member's) number and asked me to contact him. So I contact his assistant and she sent me a consent form. Then she told me that, they have contacted the IRCC regarding my application and you will get an update soon. And here today, I got the email to access the Permanent residence confirmation portal.

Thus, from all my experience, I would say the effective way to speed up your application is to contact the local PM (parliament member) and they will help you to get your PR soon.

Harman Dhillon

Mar 17, 2021
Since my application took a long time to give any update since DM, I did few things and I will share them here, so anyone in my situation can try to do them.

1. I called several times to IRCC call center: I did not get any help from them. They just said everything in your application seems good. You have to just wait until you get your COPR (So I don't recommend calling the IRCC call center)

2. I sent a general web form (without attaching any document): That doesn't do any help either. I got a general reply by saying they are taking a longer time than usual due to covid-19.

3. I obtain a GMCS note: GMCS note is really valuable, I can see every step that they have done regarding my application.

4. I sent a case-specific enquiry through webform ( I attached my son's Canadian birth certificate because I saw in the GMCS note that they have raised a comment on why I haven't included my son in the PR application): That may be helped because I got a reply that they have forwarded my son's birth certificate to the officer. I suggest, if you are sending a web form, attached documents such as your current work permits in Canada and/or documents to prove that you are in Canada.

5. I contacted PM: Since I did not get any update for more than 6 months since DM, I called to Ministry of immigration and they gave me the local PM's (parliament member's) number and asked me to contact him. So I contact his assistant and she sent me a consent form. Then she told me that, they have contacted the IRCC regarding my application and you will get an update soon. And here today, I got the email to access the Permanent residence confirmation portal.

Thus, from all my experience, I would say the effective way to speed up your application is to contact the local PM (parliament member) and they will help you to get your PR soon.
Thanks for sharing your valuable experience and it may help the candidates like us in same situations. Wishing you a best future ahead

Reactions: tmsw

Harman Dhillon

Mar 17, 2021

Sorry for annoying you again but can u please tell me that you contacted MP physically or thru email ?

mabakar25274

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2020
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Windsor
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
Doc's Request.
26-09-2022
Nomination.....
08-07-2020
AOR Received.
15-02-2021
File Transfer...
28-05-2021
Med's Request
02-06-2022
Med's Done....
15-09-2022

Thx for sharing valuable info which helps other to escalate their process

bababa

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
I am 2019 OINP applicant AR:July 2019. Single applicant, inland, no dependent. I learned through my GCMS notes that my case was approved November, 2020. I have been DM for over half a year!!! my case has been held in CIO for over half a year after its approval!Still No copr no portal until today! The whole process has already taken two years. I called, sent webforms, requested gcms notes and contacted MP for over ONE HUNDRED times in total. None of the above methods helps. I am planing to make mandamus. Anyone had experience with mandamus here? Any successful cases after mandamus? I contacted some lawyers. One of them said it may not help even my case is in such a bad situation.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I am 2019 OINP applicant AR:July 2019. Single applicant, inland, no dependent. I learned through my GCMS notes that my case was approved November, 2020. I have been DM for over half a year!!! my case has been held in CIO for over half a year after its approval!Still No copr no portal until today! The whole process has already taken two years. I called, sent webforms, requested gcms notes and contacted MP for over ONE HUNDRED times in total. None of the above methods helps. I am planing to make mandamus. Anyone had experience with mandamus here? Any successful cases after mandamus? I contacted some lawyers. One of them said it may not help even my case is in such a bad situation.
I'm planning to do the same as they are not following their own rules regarding our case.
Let me know how it works out for you.

Shak1234

Aug 22, 2020
I am Jan 19 Applicant with outland dependants
As per last call with agent he told me everything has been passed since NoV 20 after that a big shhhhhhhh
Last update was sep and oct 20 schedule A and PCC from spouse and kids(outland)
I am soo broke that i forget to smile havent seen my husband and kids for more than 2 years
Called couple of times same reply that everything has been done on your file everything is passed just waiting for visa officer for the final decision.
Don't know how long will they take more.

Shak1234

Aug 22, 2020
Even talked with MP also but nothing got something
CIC replied that she has ircc agent so they are not able to reply MP
Either she will keep agent or you.

jaisdeep

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
I am Jan 19 Applicant with outland dependants
As per last call with agent he told me everything has been passed since NoV 20 after that a big shhhhhhhh
Last update was sep and oct 20 schedule A and PCC from spouse and kids(outland)
I am soo broke that i forget to smile havent seen my husband and kids for more than 2 years
Called couple of times same reply that everything has been done on your file everything is passed just waiting for visa officer for the final decision.
Don't know how long will they take more.
why they are neglecting us ? its sooo unfair with us.. im also jan 2019 applicant with outland dependent my husband .. its so stressful situation ...

Aunty23

Star Member
May 14, 2020
why they are neglecting us ? its sooo unfair with us.. im also jan 2019 applicant with outland dependent my husband .. its so stressful situation ...
Every time I called I got the same answer that security has not started and criminality is in progress. I ordered my notes and a few pages were redacted with s16.(2) and the history section was blank. I applied from January 29, 2019 and up until now no update. Theist time they took up my file was in December 2020 when they extended my medical. 28 months and counting and still nothing. It is very depressing. I am never one to stress and yesterday I just felt fed up because my life is tied up with this process of PR. Kmt

Shak1234

Aug 22, 2020
Every time I called I got the same answer that security has not started and criminality is in progress. I ordered my notes and a few pages were redacted with s16.(2) and the history section was blank. I applied from January 29, 2019 and up until now no update. Theist time they took up my file was in December 2020 when they extended my medical. 28 months and counting and still nothing. It is very depressing. I am never one to stress and yesterday I just felt fed up because my life is tied up with this process of PR. Kmt
Its really hard for applicants especially like us who are on hold
They should prior the early files
We are suffereing our kids are sufferng
I have no words to say even i stop calling them now its been more than 2 months i even not texted or call my lawyer also not even CIC.

Reactions: Aunty23