March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
Need a sincere advise:
I have already applied for PR in March 2019. I was hoping to receive my PR before April 2019 but than this Covid thing happened( I hate this Covid). My dream to bring my family in March/April shattered since been living away from them longtime.
As per last conversation with call center agent my criminality,eligibility,medical and security done. He was not even convinced to himself therefore I couldn't get his logic why my file is pending or what should I do? This is my common experience whenever I interact through agent or webform. Every agent will tell you different story and on webform you receive templated answer(Copy Paste Answers). The recent update on my file was "Decision Made" in eCAS website than after two weeks it changed to in process again. I called agent than again he was not sure in his conversation as well.
Long story short, my work permit is expiring in December 2020. Should I apply for BOWP(Bridging Open Work Permit) and pay $255 for nothing or Should I wait for my decision on Permanent Resindence. I am clueless please advise me sincerely.

Reactions: DenysKudikov

ilylcn

Mar 6, 2020
It is obvious that there is not any rule how IRCC working. PR Application is just related with “luck”. My file is one of the simplest file, individual applicant, no dependant, inland for 3 years, etc. Progress bar shows 27 days left (March 19 AR). But still no DM no CoPR and not any transperant information. Just a GU last week Thursday. I called IRCC 2 weeks ago and agent told me that security not started which is same for more than 10 months. I raised a webform but same generic answer, Covid19 bla bla. And honestly I am really exhausted for waiting with this uncertain condition. I plan to move Europe. Canada started to be a disappointing country for me.

Compos Sui

Aug 11, 2020
Need a sincere advise:
I have already applied for PR in March 2019. I was hoping to receive my PR before April 2019 but than this Covid thing happened( I hate this Covid). My dream to bring my family in March/April shattered since been living away from them longtime.
As per last conversation with call center agent my criminality,eligibility,medical and security done. He was not even convinced to himself therefore I couldn't get his logic why my file is pending or what should I do? This is my common experience whenever I interact through agent or webform. Every agent will tell you different story and on webform you receive templated answer(Copy Paste Answers). The recent update on my file was "Decision Made" in eCAS website than after two weeks it changed to in process again. I called agent than again he was not sure in his conversation as well.
Long story short, my work permit is expiring in December 2020. Should I apply for BOWP(Bridging Open Work Permit) and pay $255 for nothing or Should I wait for my decision on Permanent Resindence. I am clueless please advise me sincerely.
Hi @duster,
I am in the same situation (DM March 12th, ECAS DM on the same day and DM reverted to In Process mid May) and my Work Permit was expiring on July 6th.
Back in March, I thought I would never had to apply for a BOWP because I had time enough to be granted PR. As the time went by and due to this BS "pandemic", I realized I had to apply for the BOWP or leave the country. I chose BOWP.
Honestly, I think you should do the same since IRCC can't give applicants with dependents abroad a timeframe to finalize our application. Better be on the safe side.
Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: duster