+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

mohyminu

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Congratulations David! Best of luck with your journey

Everyone lets not get ahead of ourselves, i dont think sydney is working full fledged as Davids decision came from ottawa as he sent the passport to ottawa on march after PPR request from sydney office.

dpp

May 24, 2016
Can someone tell me please?? in April 2020 My BG verifications, Criminaltiy verifications are Valid. And security wasnt started. However, i raised web form last week, they replied, My BG verifications are in process, Crminality and medicals are valid currently and security again not started yet. Can somebody shed some light on this?? why BG again in process??
Since your security verification is yet to be done (Not started), it will show background check is in process.

Reactions: Ravi saab

Arjunp

Jul 6, 2020
Well guys my day has reached, I have received the golden email confirming that I have the PR electronically.

So good luck to everyone in this journey.

Here is the timeline:

AR - March 2019
AOR- May 2019
MR - Sept 2019
MP - Sept 2019
ADR (RCMP records) - Nov 2019
DM/PPR - March 2020
COPR/PR - July 2020

this is part of the email:

Iam pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card. This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address. We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
Congratulations bud.
Can you please tell which stream and from which province you applied please?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I would say you may be right because , I believe, GCMS note is released by IRCC after the verification done by them. So I believe there would be some indicator to find out whether you called them or get GCMS notes.
Hi there, requesting your GCMS has no impact (good or bad) on the processing of your application. GCMS notes are processed by the ATIP division of IRCC and released under the Access to Information Act https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/access-information-manual.html

You can see a sample file at https://sample.gcmsnotes.com

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Since your security verification is yet to be done (Not started), it will show background check is in process.
oh but it doesnt mean security has started in other words??? just other background information being verified right.

dpp

May 24, 2016
oh but it doesnt mean security has started in other words??? just other background information being verified right.
Security verification itself is still a confusion as many say that it never shows IN PROCESS and once it become passed it shows valid.

Reactions: Ravi saab

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
yes bro i have never seen anybody says it is in process or started. Few EE applicants says they get notified if they ask CIC through web form. However i have never seen anybody since last year whose security was initiated, in process. Even CIC processing time for Provincial nominees have increased by 1 month. Now it shows 19 months.
Usually Security does not show as "In Progress"; it will be "Not Started" or it will be blank if security screening is underway or completed. If Security is blank and you also see s15 then it's a strong indicator that Security screening is passed.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Usually Security does not show as "In Progress"; it will be "Not Started" or it will be blank if security screening is underway or completed. If Security is blank and you also see s15 then it's a strong indicator that Security screening is passed.
thanks a lot bro for elaborating the facts about security.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes