Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
yes it will transfer back to sydney bro once it gets in process.
The day after I got the medical request, the status in ECAS says "in process".

Reactions: Ravi saab

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
The day after I got the medical request, the status in ECAS says "in process".
yup it will be finalized in sydney. once you have done medicals try to order gcms you ll get better picture of your file. In april my BG verifications were valid, i applied gcms it showed Eligibility, criminality, passed medical wasnt started and security wasn't started, after last week's ghost update i raised webform i got reply my BG verifications are again in process however they didn't tell me anything about security and criminality eligibility and medicals are valid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Floje

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
yup it will be finalized in sydney. once you have done medicals try to order gcms you ll get better picture of your file. In april my BG verifications were valid, i applied gcms it showed Eligibility, criminality, passed medical wasnt started and security wasn't started, after last week's ghost update i raised webform i got reply my BG verifications are again in process however they didn't tell me anything about security and criminality eligibility and medicals are valid.
Yeah, I might apply for GCMS after medicals is done.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Reactions: Floje

dpp

May 24, 2016
seems like they are working but not expecting any update until next month.
They are, but most probably absolutely less number of employees working on Paper based and that is why hardly 2 or 3 applicants(on Canadavisaforum) get an update. I think medicals are getting passed is the only big update nowadays which can be done at home (my guess).

Reactions: Ravi saab

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
They are, but most probably absolutely less number of employees working on Paper based and that is why hardly 2 or 3 applicants(on Canadavisaforum) get an update. I think medicals are getting passed is the only big update nowadays which can be done at home (my guess).
Yes you are right. Its radio silence in terms of AORs, ADRs and PPRs.

Rennie

Jul 5, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
My AR is June 2019 and AOR July 2019. I got MR both for myself and my wife last week, but my file was transferred from Sydney to Ottawa in February 2020. I don't know if they are going to transfer the file back to Sydney or not. No one really knows.
Ooh wow, we have the same timeline but I haven't gotten my MR yet. Eek

ipaykwai

Aug 10, 2013
manila
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
-06-2019
Nomination.....
-02-2019
AOR Received.
-06-2019
Med's Request
10-2019
Passport Req..
14-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2022
LANDED..........
2-04-2022
Ghost update could be automatic update too. Maybe not be a manual update. He did upfront medical. I don't know about other offices. But in Sydney, they do batch processing. I am talking about generics application sitting in Sydney office, ( not the ones adding members in the middle of PROGRESS, it will push their application further, application transferred to other offices,...etc )

FEB/ MAR 2019 AOR ppl -- waiting for CORP or PPR
JUN / JUL 2019 AOR ppl -- waiting for MR
Many in 2020 -- waiting for AOR

Once they started giving updates on above in Sydney, We can assume they started working on paper based applications.

Doing upfront medical won't speed up your application at all, will give inpatient applicants peace of mind that Oh i completed Medical. Indeed, most of them worry every day about their medical pass after doing the upfront medical, spending $$$$$. Who knows they may change the policy that people already in Canada don't need medical at all or recently arrived.

Even if you did Medical, You are going to still get struck in Security Check that won't be initiated till the time flies. it is all in their hand and when to initiate it.

They in Sydney don't pick applications for PPR based on their completeness and all controls is in their hand., no matter how many times you call them or request GCMS notes, it only annoys them until your deadline exceeds.

it is a batch processing and FCFS ( first come first served ) in Sydney. Only time , your application will get delayed if you don't provide what they ask on time or before deadline.
Everything you said is right except for requesting GCMS. Requesting it(GCMS) many times as what you want will not affect on the process of the application or to make them annoyed. Even me, personally I did not opted to do upfront medicals because you're right, no one knows how long is the waiting for the MR(unless the applicant wants adds spice to waiting game:):)). And it only waste money and effort especially if they send MR when the said upfront medical is already expired.

CHIOMA OSSAI

May 30, 2020
Well To all paper based applicants who are not close to their final step , (security) Just go for a long vacation away from all of these updates and things
No aor for feb guys yet , And the way we are seeing things now , With federal draws for Skilled worker resuming is that EE will be used to fulfill immigration quota and all resources will be diverted towards the EE for processing.
Paper applicants can relax and those waiting for AOR from AR Feb 2020 can expect (to be very positive and exceptionally optimistic) file number after new year weekend next year 2021
i believe once you have been sent AOR your application will be put in the Global Case Management System (GCMS), which is computerized and that's while you can now be able to link your application online and be able to check the status, it is only when you haven't received AOR that's when is still completely paper based and they need to be in their office to be able to put your file in GCMS. here is a link to how ircc process your file
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/procedures-centralized-intake-office-paper-based-non-applications.html

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Ircc update

Due to #COVID19 service disruptions, we are unable to provide accurate processing timelines. Please note that we cannot offer a response to any questions on the turnaround for processing of applications at this time. Learn more: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online and permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice. We are processing paper-based permanent residence applications to the extent possible. We will contact you once there is an update regarding your application. Please note it is not possible to re-submit a paper based PR application online.