+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Hi palash pal .just an idea. I have done medicall and passed october 10th 2019.received PAL 29th octo.2019.then jan2020 received biometric request and cmplited 24 janu 2020.now still waiting for the DM/PPR.gckey showing BG in process.is it because of biometrics was complited lately or anyother reason am waiting too long for DM.i was requested to complete biometric in june2019 but i missed the letter.i thought it was done when i have submited my aplication for workpermit i gave my biometric. Work permit still no result.now process of my Pr..if u can give me some advice in this regard.
You will get it soon bro. BG is in process. I think Security is taking time. But seems like cic not working on pnp file. Bcoz haven't seen any update from last three weeks.

sjpatel1704193

Feb 23, 2019
If our PNP restricted with employer then we cannot apply for BOWP
We can get only close work permit.
And must pay employer compliance fees $230 before apply.
Work permit support letter
Job letter
Recent 2-3 pay stubs
And proof of PR application submission

Reactions: Floje

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
They rejected because you didn't apply for BOWP after your PGOWP. They can't extend your post grad permit because it's not a kind of permit that can be restored or extended. To restore or extend your bridging OWP you had to apply and get it first. You are in huge trouble if you are a provincial nominee.
I currently have a PGWP with no restrictions and it will be expiring in about 6 months from now. Am I meant to apply for a BOWP or something else?

Limonchella

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I currently have a PGWP with no restrictions and it will be expiring in about 6 months from now. Am I meant to apply for a BOWP or something else?
Did you get your AOR already? If so, yes, you will apply to bridging OWP and attach your application number.

Gurpreet17

Jun 12, 2019
Hi

I got PPR on March 5
I Send my passport but not dispatched yet
My question is can I work whereever i want?
Because i was under BOWP
Please reply if anyome know

Hellboy242

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Please do not apply for BOWP, the application will be rejected. With PGWP, you do not qualify for BOWP.

To extend your WP, you should to apply for a closed work permit with your employer.

Limonchella

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Please do not apply for BOWP, the application will be rejected. With PGWP, you do not qualify for BOWP.

To extend your WP, you should to apply for a closed work permit with your employer.
I'm just wondering why you are saying that. If the application on federal state and AOR received anyone can apply for bridging OWP who had open work permit before it including PGWP. Only ylthose who had closed work permit are not allowed to get Bridging OWP as they are connected to an employer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Please don't advice until read official source or personal experience. I never getting angry but in this case it can cost someone a freedom of choice.

Happyhappy7

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Category........
Other
I'm just wondering why you are saying that. If the application on federal state and AOR received anyone can apply for bridging OWP who had open work permit before it including PGWP. Only ylthose who had closed work permit are not allowed to get Bridging OWP as they are connected to an employer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Please don't advice until read official source or personal experience. I never getting angry but in this case it can cost someone a freedom of choice.
Um.. in case by job offer, it cannot apply for bowp. It cannot get open work permit.
i also have a pgwp permit with job offer (oinp, international student job offer). I asked my agent, if I extend my work permit, I can get a closed work permit only.

sjpatel1704193

Feb 23, 2019

No
I have PGWP now but if I want to extend I can apply on close work permit
Because my PNP restricted with employer.
I am not eligible for BOWP.
I already got my AOR in last July 2019 and only security left.
In my case I can get close WP and my spouse can get Open WP.

Hellboy242

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020

The only way you can qualify for a BOWP with a PGWP is if you have an Express entry application in progress and not a PNP PR application in progress.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=676&top=29

Limonchella

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
If you dont know exact the right thing, please don’t give wrong recommendations.

what type of work permit he is eligible to apply is based on his PNP type. nothing to do with current work permit
I do agree. It's exactly I meant - need to know all situation. It is connected to pr application type, not to pgwp. I had pgwp and then closed work permit, then I was qualified only for closed wp. My friend had pgwp and got pnp and aor before it expiration, was qualified for bridging OWP.
It's up to person to check everything and do correct. I got my pr without any lawyers or advices, just reading official web portal. I think it's the best.

Reactions: Logan_newbie