+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

Dsgfire

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
General requirements:

• An eligible applicant must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person who has a valid temporary work permit to work legally in Canada. Temporary foreign workers are eligible to receive Employment Insurance benefits during the duration of their work permit if they are unemployed and meet eligibility criteria, including having worked a sufficient number of hours.
  • An applicant must also have accumulated sufficient insurable hours. Insurable hours mean the hours of work for which wages were paid where a portion of the wages were deducted to pay the EI premium.
Types of Employment Insurance benefits:

There are several types of employment insurance benefits:

• Regular employment insurance benefits are paid to people who have lost their job through no fault of their own and are actively looking for work
  • Special employment insurance benefits include:
    • Sickness benefits for people who are ill and cannot work
    • Maternity benefits for people who stop working to give birth
    • Parental benefits given to parents who have stopped working to care for their newborn or adopted children
    • Compassionate care benefits for people who are off work because they have to care for a gravely ill family member
REGULAR EI BENEFITS

Regular EI benefits are for people who have just cause for becoming unemployed and who are ready, willing and capable of work each day but are unable to find work.

To apply for benefits, you must:

• Had insurable employment during which you paid employment insurance premiums while working;
  • Have just cause for being unemployed;
  • Have accumulated sufficient hours of insurable employment during the qualifying period.
Generally speaking, the hours of work from several jobs may be added up on a cumulative basis during the qualifying period. However, when applying for regular employment insurance benefits, you need to have “just cause” for losing each of these jobs in order for the cumulative hours for those jobs to be counted. However, if you are applying for special employment insurance benefits such as sickness, pregnancy, parental or compassionate care benefits, the reason why you lost your job will not affect the calculation of cumulative hours or your eligibility for EI.

Seth3

Mar 4, 2019
I have talked with my lawyer and he said it won’t be effecting my pr if my company lay me off because of covid 19 and if i go for EI at this point. i still trying to call cic but they have shut down all the telecommunications till april 2nd.

Reactions: soledad

KEYLLLEIE

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I have talked with my lawyer and he said it won’t be effecting my pr if my company lay me off because of covid 19 and if i go for EI at this point. i still trying to call cic but they have shut down all the telecommunications till april 2nd.
So, does your company is closed? Or, still they are working, but not enough work load?

soledad

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
My HR director is a lawyer herself and she told me she had contacted an immigration lawyer to inquire about oinp sponsorship. The lawyer said the layoff due to covid 19 won't affect pr applicants. At least, two experts in the field has some positive prospect for us. Really hope it doesn't hurt pr applicants.
My HR manager also told me to go ahead and take advantage of whatever is available for me. So i applied for ei and my roe must have been submitted to service canada electronically.
Fingers crossed!

Seth3

Mar 4, 2019
My HR director is a lawyer herself and she told me she had contacted an immigration lawyer to inquire about oinp sponsorship. The lawyer said the layoff due to covid 19 won't affect pr applicants. At least, two experts in the field has some positive prospect for us. Really hope it doesn't hurt pr applicants.
My HR manager also told me to go ahead and take advantage of whatever is available for me. So i applied for ei and my roe must have been submitted to service canada electronically.
Fingers crossed!
what is your timeline?

preet1606

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hey guys had a question.
So I had applied for PR back in May 2019. My work permit was to be expired on 28 Novemeber but i applied for renew but it got denied because i guess i applied it in a wrong way or something. so they send me this denial letter saying i have 3 months to apply again so I did apply again but because my initial extension was denied, I had to stop working at my job. Just wondering how this is affecting my PR application. Do I inform them or do I just wait on it.

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Hey guys had a question.
So I had applied for PR back in May 2019. My work permit was to be expired on 28 Novemeber but i applied for renew but it got denied because i guess i applied it in a wrong way or something. so they send me this denial letter saying i have 3 months to apply again so I did apply again but because my initial extension was denied, I had to stop working at my job. Just wondering how this is affecting my PR application. Do I inform them or do I just wait on it.
Is your application PNP and employer based? If so, then you have to notify the province that nominated you.

Ech

Mar 20, 2020
Fingers crossed!
Oh yea? So are they going to prioritize ppl who already applied and got laid of because of covid 19? Any good news in that aspect? I’m in the same situation I got laid off too and my pr application is still in process.

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018
If you are are paper based pnp applicant, for noc C and D need to submit language result. But they didn't mentioned anything for noc 0,a,b. If you have submitted result at the time of applying to Mpnp nomination then that score will be enough, as far as I know anyway confirm with ircc.
I have applied for pr application with that result even though it was expired
Thank you for your.response. Yes I submitted english test score to MPNP before nomination. From what you said it means I can still use the test even though it clocked 2yrs in January. I also submitted ielts for my work permit application last year before I came to Canada.

Reactions: sijoalex

Sgseeker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hi I was laid off on my job due to pandemic. I still have 11 months on my current close work permit. I have PR application AR Sept 30,2019.. my lawyer sent application for my Bridging Open Work Permit. I hope CIC give consideration even I still have almost a year of close work permit because my employer laid me off.. Im hoping for this