+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

Akki1111

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,

I hope you will get yours soon. We are both Feb AR and i got my PPR last March 03 but i have to postponed my landing in the later date due to this Covid pandemic.

Hold tight and pray more! All the best.

Cheers!
Thanks Men.

About your PPR, Did you received your COPR ?

davidITD

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
It looks like that, Yes.
They have not stopped processing visas., I called them the other day and everything is still going.
In my opinion they might stop working in out lands, because no one outside the country can come, but inland should be fine, until the government closes the immigration offices, which for now they are still open.

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
No not yet ,but i have done medical for my visa extension last week so i have emedical now.not sure if i cam share the same with cic.

Sgseeker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hi, just want to ask . I have ongoing application for PR. but suddenly my employer can't give me the required hours under my LMIA and work permit because of this pandemic. My question is Am I Eligible to apply for BOWP even though I still have 11 months on my current work permit with my employer. Thanks in advance

grprtsingh

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Calgary
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
Hi, just want to ask . I have ongoing application for PR. but suddenly my employer can't give me the required hours under my LMIA and work permit because of this pandemic. My question is Am I Eligible to apply for BOWP even though I still have 11 months on my current work permit with my employer. Thanks in advance
it should not be a problem as long as you are working with the company.. and you can also apply for EI if they are not able to give you hours..

Sgseeker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
it should not be a problem as long as you are working with the company.. and you can also apply for EI if they are not able to give you hours..
Yes Im also planning to apply for EI, also I checked the Eligibility for Bridge Open Work Permit, it says that to be eligible to apply my work permit must be expiring in 4 months or less. My work permit has 11 months Left. That's why Im not sure if they will allow me to apply, Im also thinking of adding a letter explaining why Im applying for BOWP. Do you think it will work?

grprtsingh

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Calgary
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
Yes Im also planning to apply for EI, also I checked the Eligibility for Bridge Open Work Permit, it says that to be eligible to apply my work permit must be expiring in 4 months or less. My work permit has 11 months Left. That's why Im not sure if they will allow me to apply, Im also thinking of adding a letter explaining why Im applying for BOWP. Do you think it will work?
why do you need to apply for BOWP if you still have a valid work permit? and if you have 11 months left i dont think they will allow.. im not sure what i know if you applied for you PR application and if you are under LMIA you can apply for BOWP and it would be an open work permit if you LMIA is expiring and you have your application submitted to IRCC for PR.

NekiT

Mar 16, 2020
Hello, guys, please advise..
There is a huge possibility of me going on temporary layoff from my work due to Covid 19 situation . I am lucky to get my DM but no PPR yet (OINP, INLAND). How will this affect me and my immigration?
Thanks!

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
I think u can do that but try to submit through some immigration lawyer,it depends on the cover letter you sent with your current situation.

Reactions: Sgseeker