+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

dandandragon

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Indeed, I asked multiple immigration lawyers, they told me directly and clearly: "PNP paper based is at the bottom of their priority". (among all economic immigration programs). But it's not unfair, we were told of the 18 months estimated processing time upfront and we voluntarily made this choice.
Thanks for your efforts for checking in.

however, I think :

1) lower priority does not mean it is reasonable to approve 0 case by Sydney office.

2) we did not have the choice.Submitting paper file is the only choice. If we have the choice to submit online, I would definitely choose to do it online.

good news is that we have seen the news that IRCC plans to modernize paper application in the future. But, apparently the modernization would not favor us current applicants soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dikku1111

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Reactions: dandandragon

dandandragon

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
I was imagining. Is possible to request a file transfer to another office? I believe it would not be possible or very hard (I found a document about: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html). Reason: Maybe it would be a good idea to transfer from Sydney to an office that is historically working faster.

Someone knows something about it?
I heard many files transferred to local offices would take even longer time. I have a friend who submit in 2017 and just got approved by local office in July 2020... it’s really a torture. :(

• Sad
Reactions: AK114 and Dikku1111

Immigrate 87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
I don’t know. Probably not yet.
It is still showing as “Submitted” so I think they haven’t reviewed it yet, but 4 months after I submitted my spouse’s RCMP check and the RPRF payment I got MR, I don’t know if that means they worked on them before requesting MR or not. Lol.
IRCC drives everbody nuts. Lol.
R u inland

Jazz007

Mar 13, 2020
Can somebody help me in this - im working 30-32 hours a week for the job i applied for PR , can i still do other full time job ?
if someone could help me in this ...I really appreciate:(

knighrider

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Can somebody help me in this - im working 30-32 hours a week for the job i applied for PR , can i still do other full time job ?
if someone could help me in this ...I really appreciate:(
If you have a valid open work permit, then you can work with any employer, but in this case if you applied your PR through employer you can work with other additional employers but you have to continue working with the sponsoring employer as well . So, in short you cannot leave the job thorugh which you got your PNP nomination but you can continue working with other employers as well with additional hours. I am also working with two employers currently.

Reactions: Floje

Jazz007

Mar 13, 2020
If you have a valid open work permit, then you can work with any employer, but in this case if you applied your PR through employer you can work with other additional employers but you have to continue working with the sponsoring employer as well . So, in short you cannot leave the job thorugh which you got your PNP nomination but you can continue working with other employers as well with additional hours. I am also working with two employers currently.
but can i work full time like 40 hours with another employer
Bcoz the job i have already with PR application is afternoon and the another will be day shift only

knighrider

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
but can i work full time like 40 hours with another employer
Bcoz the job i have already with PR application is afternoon and the another will be day shift only
Yes, why not as long as you dont leave the job or your full time status on the sponsoring employer is not affected then, you should be fine working any hours with any other employers, hours does get counted and affected when you are a student as you have restrictions being in study permit but not on work permit.

Jazz007

Mar 13, 2020
Yes, why not as long as you dont leave the job or your full time status on the sponsoring employer is not affected then, you should be fine working any hours with any other employers, hours does get counted and affected when you are a student as you have restrictions being in study permit but not on work permit.
Thnku so much for your answer

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
I agree. As long as you hold an open work permit, you can have as many employers as you want.

knighrider

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Looking at the slow process and my work permit running out and also the kind of mental pressure this PR process is taking a toll on mental health.
I have a question to fellow members, can I apply in Express entry as now I have the eligibility and the points to apply for permanent residency while my paper-based application is still in process or do i have to withdraw the application first?
Moreover if I withdraw i will only get the RPRF fees back right ?

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Looking at the slow process and my work permit running out and also the kind of mental pressure this PR process is taking a toll on mental health.
I have a question to fellow members, can I apply in Express entry as now I have the eligibility and the points to apply for permanent residency while my paper-based application is still in process or do i have to withdraw the application first?
Moreover if I withdraw i will only get the RPRF fees back right ?
No, you don't have to withdraw, PNP paper based(non-ee) and one Express entry FSW or CEC can be processed together.
I spoke to IRCC and they told me this.

Response from IRCC on webform about this.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

knighrider

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
No, you don't have to withdraw, PNP paper based(non-ee) and one Express entry FSW or CEC can be processed together.
I spoke to IRCC and they told me this.

Response from IRCC on webform about this.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Thanks a lot! This is highly appreciated.