+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

paul.ap

Jul 29, 2020
Hello Community Members,

I got my PNP(Paper-based International graduate stream) last week. I am concerned about the recent processing time of paper-based application as it's hitting close to 19 months now. I have two option to choose from,

1. Apply for paper-based PR with the nomination within next week. (I don't want to get stuck for the next 19 months as I am actively perusing for better opportunities in other cities)
2. Wait until February 2021 (In February 2021 I will have 1 year of work experience), apply for PNP again through Express Entry category (Roughly three months processing time) and proceed through Express entry (Roughly 6-7 months processing time).

I will appreciate any suggestion. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Kamal91

knighrider

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hello Community Members,

I got my PNP(Paper-based International graduate stream) last week. I am concerned about the recent processing time of paper-based application as it's hitting close to 19 months now. I have two option to choose from,

1. Apply for paper-based PR with the nomination within next week. (I don't want to get stuck for the next 19 months as I am actively perusing for better opportunities in other cities)
2. Wait until February 2021 (In February 2021 I will have 1 year of work experience), apply for PNP again through Express Entry category (Roughly three months processing time) and proceed through Express entry (Roughly 6-7 months processing time).

Well bud I think you answered your own question!!

Macot73

Apr 15, 2018
Hello Community Members,

You shoud calculate how many points you can get before apply for Express Entry to be shure you will pass .

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hello Community Members,

I am not sure about this, but I think that for PNP through the Express Entry category you have to wait to have an ITA (this is, the province finds you in the pool and sends you an invitation to apply)... you cannot apply directly. That said, it would be more or less possible to be picked depending on your NOC and the province.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hello Community Members,

From now until Feb: 7 months + 3 months PNP + 7 months EE + the time that would take to be selected from the pool, you are almost in the 19 months...

Reactions: paul.ap

paul.ap

Jul 29, 2020
From now until Feb: 7 months + 3 months PNP + 7 months EE + the time that would take to be selected from the pool, you are almost in the 19 months...
That's correct and that is actually making me confused as both of them will have same timeline. I have also seen example in the past that people are getting their PR application processed in 8 months timeline.

Last edited:

dpp

May 24, 2016
That's correct and that is actually making me confused as both of them will have same timeline.
To be very honest, I strongly believe that IRCC will definitely process the PNP paper applications in future more faster than ever before after this year may be. I do have gut feelings but still I am not fully sure/

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
That's correct and that is actually making me confused as both of them will have same timeline.
You already pay to apply to PNP... and will have to pay again if you receive ITA, to have almost the same timeline?
If you tell me that you already are ready to apply to EE, I would tell you without any doubt to go for it... but in this case, it's almost the same...

Reactions: paul.ap

Aunty23

Star Member
May 14, 2020
I am not sure about this, but I think that for PNP through the Express Entry category you have to wait to have an ITA (this is, the province finds you in the pool and sends you an invitation to apply)... you cannot apply directly. That said, it would be more or less possible to be picked depending on your NOC and the province.
You are correct

Reactions: chivinas

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Anyone who applied for BOWP after march 2020 and got a decision?
My work permit expires this Friday and still no decision

Reactions: Kamal91