PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Called IRCC yesterday.
Medicals for my daughter passed.
Medicals for my son was transferred to CMAU.
My medicals are not in the system (Said maybe somekind of delay, wait until the end of August and if not updated contact the clinic)
We all did our medicals in the same day.

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
You can make a backup to prepare EE. OINP nominee is eligible for CRS 50 points to NOC A or B and CRS 100 points to NOC 0 if you have a closed work permit. I am not sure that the point is available after one experience under a closed work permit.
Are you sure about this? I have been told that it does not work like that. Can you provide a link?

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
Are you sure about this? I have been told that it does not work like that. Can you provide a link?
Refer to the following link. The closed work permit is also considered as LMIA. You know LMIA gives 50 points.
If there is a risk to keep employment until PR or supporting employer is terrible to work with, it is a good option.
Please follow the instruction for making EE profile. There is a question about LMIA. It gives CRS points. I am not sure of one year experience under closed work permit.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/lmia-exempt-job-offer-canadian-experience-class.677964/post-8636194

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
I have also submitted, they should try to finish security fast not same as EE (10-15 days) but at-least 1-3 month are enough specially in case of inland those who already in Canada.

Here is the link to make complaints to IRCC.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

Please submit, at-least someone will wake up someday.
What about instead of a complain (which I think is something completely valid) but a comment/suggestion to solve the issue? Example, they could do an ADR to allow us to upload the documents that otherwise they would need to manually scan.

I'm sure this would be incredibly faster than having an officer manually doing it (as it seems to be happening now). Besides doing this suggestion through the link, we could add this suggestion as a comment in their twitter account (Observation: I'm following their posts for 3 or 4 months, and I can say things like biometrics exemption for temporary residents was a suggestion that showed up in many comments before it became something real).

Last edited:
Reactions: chivinas

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
What about instead of a complain (which I think is something completely valid) but a comment/suggestion to solve the issue? Example, they could do an ADR to allow us to upload the documents that otherwise they would need to manually scan.

I'm sure this would be incredibly faster than having an officer manually doing it (as it seems to be happening now). Besides doing this suggestion through the link, we could add this suggestion as a comment in their twitter account (Observation: I'm following their posts for 3 or 4 months, and I can say things like biometrics exemption for temporary residents was a suggestion that showed up in many comments before it became something real).
I tried the the option of tweeting to IRCC and immigration minister but no use.
But whatever u feel good, u sud try.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
I tried the the option of tweeting to IRCC and immigration minister but no use.
But whatever u feel good, u sud try.
I understand. Sorry, my suggestion was not for invalidate your idea (I also did the complain :) and I think everybody should do it ).
I just wanted to stress that IRCC new procedures (e.g. regarding biometrics, study permits, etc..) are coming from complains/suggestions that were repeated by many people during a long time (more than 1 month).

dandandragon

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017

they said in their Twitter:”We are processing paper-based permanent residence applications to the extent possible. We will contact you once there is an update regarding your application. Please note it is not possible to re-submit a paper based PR application online.”

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
they said in their Twitter:”We are processing paper-based permanent residence applications to the extent possible. We will contact you once there is an update regarding your application. Please note it is not possible to re-submit a paper based PR application online.”

They also said before, on twitter, that temporary resident applicants in Canada would need to wait for Service Canada resume Biometrics collection. And they changed it recently, making temporary resident applicants exempt from Biometrics. To my knowledge, as well, they are scanning paper applications to allow the officers to work on these applications (so the idea would be to give this "work", of scanning documents, to the applicant in order to speed up the things).

Another detail, this can be considered case by case, I'm not saying that we need to submit again the entire application package. Example: someone who already passed through Medicals and is just waiting for Background check, maybe would just need to upload the Background form (Not the entire PR application package).

So honestly, I think this is something very easy to them to implement and move forward many applications.

Jazz007

Mar 13, 2020
I called IRCC in the morning (the wait is relatively shorter...) and basically the officer just told me that my case in on background check. Other than that, he could not really tell me anything in details. The only thing he highlighted is that the estimated complete date on the website, is the "minimum" duration that applicants should expect - if not longer.

And I was actually confused by his answer as he mentioned that I should go for medical if I receive a medical check request, but current no biometric is required "however we might require it if things going back to normal". I am not sure whether I need biometric or not at all. I am applying thru OINP international student stream.

AOR is August 2019
PAL Feb 2020
No MR yet
No news from IRCC after Feb 2020.

To be frank, I am feeling really bad.
Same as mine :(
But When i asked them they said they are committed to finalize application in given time

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Are you guys trying to say IRCC is doing a terrible job? It seems like you guys know better than them. What do you guys know about IRCC protocol? Nothing, right? So please stop speculating.

Louisyoc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Lol. That could be in the future. But definitely not now.

Be realistic about the internal coordination of IRCC. Currently, self-scanning will not do any help. Just like upfront ME. It won’t accelerate the process.

The way IRCC handling paper file is like the time when computer was not invented.

MANUALLY and SLOWLY with an attitude of “I don’t care”.
Voicing out is good but too much is different.

We want harmony and peace...