+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

Pray4PR247

Aug 2, 2017
State of emergency in NS is renewed again.
https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/docs/Ministers-renewal-July-26-July-Aug-9.pdf

I'm tired and frustrated on waiting for any positive signs.
I hope they figure stuff out and start really working on our applications despite current situation.

I know there will be few folks here saying that I should withdraw my application if I'm frustrated and I should be happy to be allowed to be in line.
This is childish argument.

All of us paid for processing of application and this kind of obligation on both sides. I agreed to wait 18 months and they agreed to do their "best" to finish my application in this time frame which is for most of time not looked at.

And now this disproportion of focusing only on EE application and leaving paper based applications in "processing to extend possible" which in my view is not doing anything.
Additionally some of you will say stuff like "paper based applicant have lover credentials" and that's why they don't prioritize us. I don't agree with that there is more factors why some one decided to go through this longer process.
And now they basically leave us in this empty space that we can expect our applications to be finished in 18-36 months as there is no honest communication what they do and what they cannot do.

Best what we get is vague statement: "We are processing paper-based permanent residence applications to the extent possible." which can perfectly mean We don't process those applications and is formed this way to just make us shut up.
What I think might be helpful to you is to try and find a way to tweet about it or get some thing going...without your details off course....this way we may all have to band together and tweet or comment on ircc pages and get their attention...frankly I do not think a PNP applicant should be subject to such a long drawn out process. We have to undergo such rigorous process with the Province... our case should be process in 6 months or less. It's crazy we have to wait this long... but in Canada you have to speak up to get help. Talking among ourselves here is not helping... we need to get out there and get noticed. CTV! LOL...just kidding...but seriously thou something has to be done.

Louisyoc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
In my opinion, the only solution for a certain concern is TRUST and WAIT... If you can't do it, then find another way that makes things happier..

"We are all in this together."

dandandragon

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
In my opinion, the only solution for a certain concern is TRUST and WAIT... If you can't do it, then find another way that makes things happier..

"We are all in this together."
Trust whom? Apparently, EE applicants are NOT “all in this together”.

IRCC even gave priority to study permits even IRCC clearly stated that international students can not enter Canada even SPs are approved.

This is mostly bureaucracy and inefficiency. No excuses!

No applicants should be treated like this: no updates for months, for years !

Most PNP applicants are essential workers or graduate degree holders who are nominated by each province. We should not be treated differently.

Keeping us waiting for 19 months is unreasonablely insane already. As many mentioned before, PNP files are much more likely to be approved than EE, since provincial officers have made some preliminary reviews already. For federal process it’s much easier than reviewing many files provided by foreign companies and in foreign languages from EE applications. Then, why keep us waiting for years? You set up the rules (19 months process time) to examine and regulate yourself?

What’s more, after being completely silent for 4 months, they finally started to scan the files. Hello ? I remembered that we paid for the same applicantion fee? We did not choose to do paper-based. We did not have a choice! Nobody should pay for their bureaucracy and poor management.

Sorry everyone. Sorry for the rant and impatience. Nothing personal.

I have been trying to be positive for a year. Just sometimes can’t control the disappointment and anger. I understand it’s a pandemic. I understand we have to be patient. But it doesn’t mean that we have to be silent. If we are all silent, then who will care us? Like a saying : crying baby gets the candy. We are not asking for privilege, we are simply “ crying” for the equal treatment and attention that WE ALL DESERVE.

Last edited:

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019

IRCC even gave priority to study permits even IRCC clearly stated that international students can not enter Canada even SPs are approved.

Most PNP applicants are essential workers or graduate degree holders who are nominated by each province. We should not be treated differently.

Keeping us waiting for 19 months is unreasonablely insane already. As many mentioned before, PNP files are much more likely to be approved than EE, since provincial officers have made some preliminary reviews already. For federal process it’s much easier than reviewing many files provided by foreign companies and in foreign languages from EE applications. Then, why keep us waiting for years? You set up the rules (19 months process time) to examine and regulate yourself?

What’s more, after being completely silent for 4 months, they finally started to scan the files. Hello ? I remembered that we paid for the same applicantion fee? We did not choose to do paper-based. We did not have a choice! Nobody should pay for their bureaucracy and poor management.

I have been trying to be positive for a year. Just sometimes can’t control the disappointment and anger. I understand it’s a pandemic. I understand we have to be patient. But it doesn’t mean that we have to be silent. If we are all silent, then who will care us? Like a saying : crying baby gets the candy. We are not asking for privilege, we are simply “ crying” for the equal treatment and attention that WE ALL DESERVE.
I think we all should tweet to immigration minister and tell them that we also exist.
I have CRS 460 already received ITA but why should spend another $2800 for EE, i am waiting since a year now.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I think we all should tweet to immigration minister and tell them that we also exist.
I have CRS 460 already received ITA but why should spend another $2800 for EE, i am waiting since a year now.
Like what is the point to change your app to EE if you didn't do you biometrics..
I don't see many EE getting PR, COPR etc...
Anyway i think @dandandragon is right, but every country and it's own bureaucracy.
Some will treat you better some worse.. unfair it is but again.. bureaucracy ..

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
That is my question too, I can easily get more than 470 now with my 2 years Canadian experience. Why we need to spend extra money for application fee, IELTS, getting translated all documents,... police clearance from all countries i lived. I am waiting for this shit more than 1.5 years ,including nomination times
My time is my time and me time and its not about spending $2800, its about spending more than 1 year of waiting.

Louisyoc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019

What’s more, after being completely silent for 4 months, they finally started to scan the files. Hello ? I remembered that we paid for the same application fee? We did not choose to do paper-based. We did not have a choice! Nobody should pay for their bureaucracy and poor management.

As I said, it is my choice.

There is a favorable reason for their sovereignty of why is it happening... Why international student is given priority or does it help the economy more or the something to do with approving officers or ________... which it is beyond my comprehension...

If there is no pandemic, do we think it has a similar actual timeline?

We are still fortunate we have this kind of paperbased pr application. If without it, what option do we have?

All of us are affected on this pandemic. Humans as we are, subject to uncontrollable behavior but better be controllable.

Waiting for a year or years is better than nothing to wait at all. Like those aspirants not able to apply because of qualifications and other issues.

Focus on what paper based application not EE nor other type of application... Being positive is not bad at all, negative does...

Watching this forum almost everyday might define that I am impatient as well but what can I do? Together we motivate to wait for better peace of mine.

My choice might be other people's choice... My opinion only.

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015

There is a favorable reason for their sovereignty of why is it happening... Why international student is given priority or does it help the economy more or the something to do with approving officers or ________... which it is beyond my comprehension...

We are still fortunate we have this kind of paperbased pr application. If without it, what option do we have?

All of us are affected on this pandemic. Humans as we are, subject to uncontrollable behavior but better be controllable.

Waiting for a year or years is better than nothing to wait at all. Like those aspirants not able to apply because of qualifications and other issues.

Focus on what paper based application not EE nor other type of application... Being positive is not bad at all, negative does...

Watching this forum almost everyday might define that I am impatient as well but what can I do? Together we motivate to wait for better peace of mine.

Toatally agree with you.

Reactions: Louisyoc

dandandragon

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017

Well, I could not agree with you. But I respect that it is your choice.

“Waiting for a year or years is better than nothing to wait at all.”
Those type of self—comforting words didn’t work for me now. The moment that the province nominated me, I got something to wait. Just like EE , the moment they received ITA, they got something to wait. Now the problem is , for all the people in the “waiting game”, we PNP applicants are treated differently and unfairly.

I have never stopped being grateful of the opportunity to stay in Canada. But it does not mean that we have to be submissive even when being treated unfairly. If we did not point out their problem, when will they improve the system? When will they make the positive change? The processing time for paper based PR has been criticized for years. Did they make any change?

IMO, “Paper-based applications will take longer time to process.” will be IRCC’s last but most useful excuse to cover up their bureaucracy.

It’s 2020. Mandatory paper-based application is already extraordinarily outdated.

Last edited:

sijoalex

May 22, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2019
Doc's Request.
25-02-2022
Nomination.....
10-04-2019
AOR Received.
06-06-2019
File Transfer...
13-07-2019
Med's Request
13-12-2021
Med's Done....
08-01-2022
Passport Req..
16-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2022

I agree with you on "PNP files are much more likely to be approved than EE, since provincial officers have made some preliminary reviews already".
In my case SINP have rejected my PNP application first time due to a misunderstanding so I applied for 2nd review that was done by SINP Program Integrity Unit. It took 2.5 years to approve my nomination. Now waiting for IRCC to approve again after a long background verification. Since 2016 I am waiting for getting PR. Once provincial officer took more than 2 years to complete the process then it is supposed to get completed easily as they have done their job.

dandandragon

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
I agree with you on "PNP files are much more likely to be approved than EE, since provincial officers have made some preliminary reviews already".
In my case SINP have rejected my PNP application first time due to a misunderstanding so I applied for 2nd review that was done by SINP Program Integrity Unit. It took 2.5 years to approve my nomination. Now waiting for IRCC to approve again after a long background verification. Since 2016 I am waiting for getting PR. Once provincial officer took more than 2 years to complete the process then it is supposed to get completed easily as they have done their job.
Best luck for all of us!!!
stay safe!

Reactions: sijoalex

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Only the ones protesting on the streets can get anything done in this country. Let's get out in a Pacific and coordinated protest to the streets in diferent cities.

Happyhappy7

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Category........
Other
Anyone got dm? I wanna hear good news more
I saw a person who recieved Feb,2019/aor April,2019 got dm on July 24,2020
she applied oinp international student stream

Reactions: soledad and Floje