+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

billy0611

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Just talk with my representative, she is not optimistic about the progress of IRCC. Since my medical is expired, she thinks I may need to redo the medical and ask me to prepare for another 6 months..... It drove me crazy!!!

jason7449

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
No you can not change job. And if you would then you will need new nomination from new employer.
What!!?
I changed my job and sent an email to pnp office last year, they just replied " We have updated your file here!".
That's it and nothing more.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
I mailed my PR paper based application to CIO on April 8, today is June 8, 60days' passed and I'm still waiting for AOR. Is it normal or longer than usual?
Thank you everyone.

Akhil27

Jul 30, 2019
Just talk with my representative, she is not optimistic about the progress of IRCC. Since my medical is expired, she thinks I may need to redo the medical and ask me to prepare for another 6 months..... It drove me crazy!!!
Can you please share your timeline

cnbib

Aug 12, 2019
Same case. Expired medical on april 30. Dunno what to do.

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi friends, do we need to submit the proof for settlement fund when we submit the paper based application to CIO after the nomination? Nothing mentioned in the checklist or in the Schedule 4 Economic class form. I have sent only the Schedule 4 Economic class form with the fund mentioned.
I had submitted all the proof at the time of SINP nomination.

Akki1111

Nov 13, 2019
Please see below, this is on official IRCC website. Thanks.

If you haven’t applied to immigrate to Canada yet
We’re still accepting most permanent resident applications. Unfortunately, our ability to review and process them is being affected by COVID-19. We can’t currently estimate any processing times.

We’re currently focusing on priority applications like

• Canadians returning to the country
  • vulnerable groups
  • people who perform or support essential services.
We’re trying to process those as quickly as possible.

If you apply, you still need to submit a complete application. This means you must include all the supporting documents we ask for. If you can’t get some of these documents right now, you should wait to apply until you can get them.

If you already applied for a document but it’s delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can send proof that you’re trying to get it (like a receipt). Include a letter to tell us why you don’t have the document and when you’ll get it. Send us the document as soon as you have it to avoid more delays.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020
If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.

In-person landing appointments cancelled
We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until further notice. Currently, we’re finalizing applications based on the documents you submitted with your application. In some cases, we may need to contact you by telephone before we can finalize your application.

We’ll contact you by email if we need more information. Use the Web form if you need to update your contact information. Finalizing applications may take longer than usual during this time.

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If we already approved your permanent resident application but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the Web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t

• process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including

• Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
No application in progress will be closed or refused because of documents missing due to COVID-19. We’ll automatically give you 90 days to complete these steps. Once you’re able to, complete the steps as soon as possible to avoid delays.

Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam

pistachios2015

Mar 13, 2020
Please see below, this is on official IRCC website. Thanks.

If you haven’t applied to immigrate to Canada yet
We’re still accepting most permanent resident applications. Unfortunately, our ability to review and process them is being affected by COVID-19. We can’t currently estimate any processing times.

We’re currently focusing on priority applications like

• Canadians returning to the country
  • vulnerable groups
  • people who perform or support essential services.
We’re trying to process those as quickly as possible.

If you apply, you still need to submit a complete application. This means you must include all the supporting documents we ask for. If you can’t get some of these documents right now, you should wait to apply until you can get them.

If you already applied for a document but it’s delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can send proof that you’re trying to get it (like a receipt). Include a letter to tell us why you don’t have the document and when you’ll get it. Send us the document as soon as you have it to avoid more delays.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020
If we approved your application on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.

In-person landing appointments cancelled
We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until further notice. Currently, we’re finalizing applications based on the documents you submitted with your application. In some cases, we may need to contact you by telephone before we can finalize your application.

We’ll contact you by email if we need more information. Use the Web form if you need to update your contact information. Finalizing applications may take longer than usual during this time.

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If we already approved your permanent resident application but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the Web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t

• process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including

• Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
No application in progress will be closed or refused because of documents missing due to COVID-19. We’ll automatically give you 90 days to complete these steps. Once you’re able to, complete the steps as soon as possible to avoid delays.

Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam
If this is the case, why did so many EE applicants receive their COPR recently, but paper-based applicants receive none?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Shraddha11