+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
Hello

I passed the citizenship test yesterday and status changed to "Decision Made" today. Please kindly update :)

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I passed the citizenship test yesterday and status changed to "Decision Made" today. Please kindly update :)
Congratulations on passing the exam.
I like to know how hard the test was? where did you prepare for the test from besides the Book of course? which online practice websites were the closest to the real test?.

~A

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test Passed the test on 9th Jan 2020 please update.
I like to know how hard the test was? where did you prepare for the test from besides the Book of course? which online practice websites were the closest to the real test?.

~A

jc94

Mar 14, 2016

~A
I found the Richmond (Ottawa) public library one closest in terms of hardness: http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm

But I also did others from apps (some much harder) and a website that had I think 20 mock tests with 20 questions in each and a ton of questions specific to each module/chapter.

Getting a little impatient waiting for my oath now. It's been 52 days now since DM.

NP2255

Dec 6, 2018
Scarborough
Hi. I need some advice regarding my citizenship application. I have my citizenship test scheduled for January 3, 2020 at the Scarborough location as indicated by my test invite letter. I will be really grateful.

Any updates?oath date?

App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1095
App. Sent: Jan 5, 2019
App Delivered: Jan 9, 2019
AOR: Mar 15, 2019
In Process: April 11, 2019
Test Invite letter: Dec 13, 2019
Test/Interview date: Jan 3, 2020

The problem I need help with is that I booked a ticket to fly out of Canada and visit my parents on January 21, 2019 and I will be returning March 19, 2020. When I made the flight reservation in November 2019, I was under the impression that since my application processing started in April 2019 and it takes a year or longer for the processing to take place, I will not be receiving any updates before April 2020. However, now I have my test on January 3, 2020. I cannot cancel my ticket since it is quite expensive and not flexible. I am worried what if I pass the test, get the DM and then receive a date for the oath taking in my absence. What should I do? Should I inform IRCC about my travel plans after taking the test and receiving the DM? Should I ask the person during my interview? Please advise. Thank you.

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016

~A
Thank you :)
The test was easy as long as you study the book. Don't rely on the online simulation tests only, you need to read the book.
I used this website to study, and for me this is the best one.
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

all the best