+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

justinlei

Feb 1, 2019
luckychamp , davidiamyou , justinlei

I am much worried now, i have traveled between US and Canada for atleast 50 times during last 2 years through rain bow bridge , i have visitor visa for USA. When i get canada entry and exit records through FOIA request, i am seeing 3 exit records are missing , i have also verified US travel history and seeing out of 3 exits from canada 1 is missing as entry to US. Not sure what is the impact of this when i apply for citizenship in May 2020.
i have not been to any other country , travel between us and canada never stamped as i use road trip ( rainbow bridge).
I am worried about it too. I requested to get travel report history. I do not know how should I do.

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Ah quite a bit earlier than mine then. Maybe I’ll get some work done lol :) I’m trying to remember names and dates, I think I have the basics, get 19-20 on most mock tests but found a harder one that was much harder as I suck at some of the specifics.

What’s DL? My passport has 22/30 pages with stamps (1-5 per page) on. I’ve written out which are where vs my trips so hopefully that’ll help. Also found many of my itineraries.
DL - Driver License
You will be fine. Good luck.

Reactions: jc94

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24
please add me in the January list.

application recieived - jan 9th 2019
correspondence - march 12 2019
processing started - april 23 2019
invitation for test - may 16 2019
test date - june 17 2019
status changed to decision made - june 25 2019

currently waiting for the OATH invitation.

there is no update from june till now. called them today and immigration agent of CIC told me that file looks good and I have to be patient till I receive an update and he also sent me a email for the documents to bring for the OATH.

is this delay because I changed my address from Quebec to Ontario ?? please advise.

msweet42

Jan 25, 2019
Gatineau, QC
LANDED..........
29-12-1986
luckychamp , davidiamyou , justinlei

I am much worried now, i have traveled between US and Canada for atleast 50 times during last 2 years through rain bow bridge , i have visitor visa for USA. When i get canada entry and exit records through FOIA request, i am seeing 3 exit records are missing , i have also verified US travel history and seeing out of 3 exits from canada 1 is missing as entry to US. Not sure what is the impact of this when i apply for citizenship in May 2020.
i have not been to any other country , travel between us and canada never stamped as i use road trip ( rainbow bridge).
I find the business of exit records interesting. When I renewed my PR card five years ago I made a request to CBSA asking for entry and exit records for the previous five years. CBSA responded with all my entry records but pointed out that Canada does not collect exit information. Maybe that changed.

almost-there

Mar 18, 2019
@admin, please update!

Did citizenship test on Nov 12.
Decision made on Nov 13.
Days in Canada should be 1252, not 1095.
Officer said I should get oath invitation in 2-3 months.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I am worried about it too. I requested to get travel report history. I do not know how should I do.
My trip to the US via the same bridge got me a stamp.
I find the business of exit records interesting. When I renewed my PR card five years ago I made a request to CBSA asking for entry and exit records for the previous five years. CBSA responded with all my entry records but pointed out that Canada does not collect exit information. Maybe that changed.
Still not convinced this is the right chain, however on the CBSA part correct Canada doesn't collect exit information.
When you fly out of Canada, there is no CBSA checkpoint / exit area. Same as the UK and US.

However many maybe even most other countries, when you depart you'll pass through a kiosk where they check / scan and in many cases stamp your passport. This happens all around Europe and all countries I've been to in Asia, Africa and South America. Plus both New Zealand and Australia. I've gotten two Australian stamps before on a two hour transit (I believe they, like NZ+UK and possibly others, no longer stamp eligible passports due to automated control gates).

I've written the stamps for both entry and exit (where present) into my spreadsheet ready for doc check. Most countries make it easy and stamp both on the same page, but some do not. The best is Russia where they line the stamps up start at the top of the page and working down. The worst country for stamps is the US (entry only) where they'll stamp randomly over the top of other stamps, upside down etc and they also fade far faster than all others!

Just complete your history in full, while it's annoying we can't be held responsible for other countries or even CBSA's occasional refusal to stamp our passport. On an EU passport I've even asked (and been told no) when asking for a stamp before. But I still put the entry in.

And as a matter of point I got stamps (and I-94 as I've visa exempt and they ignored my ESTA - written in pen) when I last entered the US via rainbow bridge.

srihaas030

Oct 7, 2019
May I know the process to request entry records to Canada through land border?

mhm4589

Jan 2, 2012
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo-CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
RCMP/Fingerprints requested on 29-08-2012/ done on 31-08-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Passport Req..
16-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
passed my test 20/20. Decision made on same day Nov 12. Please update.
I am being told to expect oath date within 2-3 months as well.

Tips in preparing the test i think you can read+listen the discover canada a few times. And google the tests online and redo them until you are confident.

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
I passed the test. Fairly easy - 20/20. I was there at 9:50 am. Was out by 12 noon. At the counter, I was asked to show my PR cards, passports and DL. The officer let me go in 5 min. She told me to expect my oath ceremony invitation letter in a couple of months. She also asked to bring the confirmation of permanent residency (landing document) to the ceremony.
How long did the test take you? How much time
do they allocate for it? Two hours seems like an awfully long time..

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
It took about 10 minutes to finish the test. They allocate 30 minutes. 2 hours included waiting time as well.
And could you leave once you’re done with the test or do you have to stick around for the full 30 mins?

Thanks for answering my questions. New nursing mama here with a tiny baby so trying to figure out schedule and plan ahead :)

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
And could you leave once you’re done with the test or do you have to stick around for the full 30 mins?

Thanks for answering my questions. New nursing mama here with a tiny baby so trying to figure out schedule and plan ahead :)
Yes, you sure can leave once you are done. However, you have to stick around the counter area for your interview. There is no break in between. Good luck!

Reactions: mahek286