+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

hms329

Nov 7, 2013
Just received my test invite for Jul 5th 2019.
but unfortunately i have to reschedule it as i will be out of country :(
Do you guys know how long it will take if we reschedule for the test invite ?
Hi Akil_f1,
have you requested to reschedule? And how long it took them to send you a new date?

lucky.guy

Nov 26, 2016
I have a query. I just got an email for my test/interview. However, ecas says a mail was sent. I never got any mail thus far. Will a print out of email suffice?

Thanks!

In my case I got 3 days later after the update so start preparing good luck

lucky.guy

Nov 26, 2016
got my oath letter finally. on Oct 19th....got by regular mail. I check my mailbox weekly once or sometimes more than that....i keep checking my emails daily, but never expected by regular email.
oath date is nov 07th.

here are my timelines....not sure why my details are deleted from the sheet.

Admin pls add again...thanks

App. Type: Family (myself and my 3 yr old)
App. Sent: Dec 28, 2018
App. Delivered: Jan 04th, 2019
AOR: Feb 26th, 2019
Test Invite letter/ecas date: April 26th 2019
Test Interview date: May 09th, 2019
Decision made: May 10th 2019
Oath letter received : Oct 19th 2019
Oath date: Nov 07th 2019
How long does it will take to changes the status of Decision Made after process

Done my test on Nov 6 still in process ?

Last edited:

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
Passed the test yesterday (Nov 6).

However, during the interview, the lady asked me where are some of the stamps on the passport. I told her I started to use the permanent residence line to the automatic kiosk for PR and citizens at the airport after getting PR instead of the manual line which you normally get a stamp at the window. She told me that she will have to check with the border people about the exact dates for some of the trips, but considering I left about 60 days of leeway on my application, I should be fine. She will contact me if something comes up.

When asked about the estimated timeline for next steps (i.e. oauth), she told me that likely nothing before X'Mas.
In my case she checked all the stamps and said your timeline is very close like I applied in 1096 days so she said, let me check it will take few months however it was straight I have not traveled after getting PR ?? Don't know whats the point and why she said all this even the minimum days to apply 1095 ?? I am pissed whats wrong man

Ko_ko_Ko

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (CEC) Nova Scotia (PNP)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 9, 2014 (CEC), October 13, 2015 (OPNP)
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
May 13, 2015
AOR Received.
29/01/2015 (For CEC) 22/01/2016 (PNP)
IELTS Request
Celpip Send with Application (CEC) (PNP)
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Med's Done....
29th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2016 (CEC)
VISA ISSUED...
14th Mar 2016 (CEC)
LANDED..........
30th Mar 2016 (CEC)
Test Invite: October 25th
Test Date: November 6th
Decision Made: November 7th
Oath Letter Date: Pending
Oath Ceremony: Pending

Reactions: enaj_91

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
So, just been trying to update my personal travel log (now 14 years) with all my passport stamps. As in which pages are which.

I have all foreign passport stamps, but I do NOT have some of the Canadian ones, missing ones from when I had a work permit and of course nothing since I became PR. I have a feeling they might have stamped my work permit with a couple of the return ones - and then took it off me when I did my landing.

I'm looking for the e-tickets or whatever but it being 2014 and 2015 ... Is this likely to be an issue, anything else I can do?

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Can somebody please confirm if they have parking space available at the Scarborough centre on Milner Ave.?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Can somebody please confirm if they have parking space available at the Scarborough centre on Milner Ave.?
I'd quite like an answer on this one as well if anyone knows? But from google maps there's a ton of other things in the area like should work (even a Cineplex if one fancies a 3km walk/Uber).

Good luck as I see it's today (maybe too late now!)

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
luckychamp , davidiamyou , justinlei

I am much worried now, i have traveled between US and Canada for atleast 50 times during last 2 years through rain bow bridge , i have visitor visa for USA. When i get canada entry and exit records through FOIA request, i am seeing 3 exit records are missing , i have also verified US travel history and seeing out of 3 exits from canada 1 is missing as entry to US. Not sure what is the impact of this when i apply for citizenship in May 2020.
i have not been to any other country , travel between us and canada never stamped as i use road trip ( rainbow bridge).

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
I'd quite like an answer on this one as well if anyone knows? But from google maps there's a ton of other things in the area like should work (even a Cineplex if one fancies a 3km walk/Uber).

Good luck as I see it's today (maybe too late now!)
Thanks. I ended up taking Uber. But I think there are paid parking spots available.

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Okay great. How did you do and how long was the entire process?
I passed the test. Fairly easy - 20/20. I was there at 9:50 am. Was out by 12 noon. At the counter, I was asked to show my PR cards, passports and DL. The officer let me go in 5 min. She told me to expect my oath ceremony invitation letter in a couple of months. She also asked to bring the confirmation of permanent residency (landing document) to the ceremony.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I passed the test. Fairly easy - 20/20. I was there at 9:50 am. Was out by 12 noon. At the counter, I was asked to show my PR cards, passports and DL. The officer let me go in 5 min. She told me to expect my oath ceremony invitation letter in a couple of months. She also asked to bring the confirmation of permanent residency (landing document) to the ceremony.
Ah quite a bit earlier than mine then. Maybe I’ll get some work done lol :) I’m trying to remember names and dates, I think I have the basics, get 19-20 on most mock tests but found a harder one that was much harder as I suck at some of the specifics.

What’s DL? My passport has 22/30 pages with stamps (1-5 per page) on. I’ve written out which are where vs my trips so hopefully that’ll help. Also found many of my itineraries.