Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Wanted to update that we did our interview and exam on Oct 28.. AOR was on March 8, so it took a while! Now just awaiting oath. Good luck everyone!

Jun 12, 2019
sorry to hear abt your job buddy....i was on similar situation(by now i've got job). when i lost the job i sent an ecas request explaining my situation, that i need the citizenship on urgent processing, i got a reply saying the visa office will review my case and if i'm eligible they will process on urgent request. but i dont think they did anything urgent for me. i just got my oath letter last week...see the previous post for my timelines.
Thank you buddy for sharing for experience. I think I would do the same just try the luck.
They received my application on March 27 so it is been a while anyway.
Congratulations to you for the completion of the applcation!!

Jun 12, 2019
I don't think that wanting to leave the country for an unknown length of time is going to be a good enough reason for IRCC to prioritize your case. To be honest it may just increase the change of RQ especially if you applied at close to 1095 days etc or spent a lot of the last 5 years as a PR out of the country.

The only official reasons I'm aware of is if someone has a job that requires them to be a citizen such as the person going for a parliament position or into another job that requires citizenship (CSIS etc...)
Thank you for your suggestion :)
Ya I thought about it and hesitated too. I sent my application in March and laidoff in end of October :=(. Hopefully I could get a job in Canada soon.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
So how's this for co-incidence? The day, as in < 24 hours after I get told they've sent my vacation details to my responsible office ... I get a test invite.

November 18th. Please can an admin update.

Time to get back to the studying.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I have a query. I just got an email for my test/interview. However, ecas says a mail was sent. I never got any mail thus far. Will a print out of email suffice?

Thanks!
They mean email by mail. They send either snail mail or email.

You want to print the attachment in said email.

davidiamyou

Jun 15, 2015
Passed the test yesterday (Nov 6).

However, during the interview, the lady asked me where are some of the stamps on the passport. I told her I started to use the permanent residence line to the automatic kiosk for PR and citizens at the airport after getting PR instead of the manual line which you normally get a stamp at the window. She told me that she will have to check with the border people about the exact dates for some of the trips, but considering I left about 60 days of leeway on my application, I should be fine. She will contact me if something comes up.

When asked about the estimated timeline for next steps (i.e. oauth), she told me that likely nothing before X'Mas.

msweet42

Jan 25, 2019
Gatineau, QC
LANDED..........
29-12-1986
To recap, I'm the guy whose PR card was expiring in mid-November and and to leave Canada for a week in December.

Update: In spite of being told it wouldn't be an issue, I opted to renew my PR card. Sent the application in early October. Received the new card on November 4.

So now I can come and go as needed while I await the opportunity to trade said new card for my Citizenship.

denrus89

Mar 3, 2016
Dear Admin,

I received a test invite today and it's scheduled for December 4th. My office is in Vancouver.
Could you please update my record?

Reactions: GraceCan

justinlei

Feb 1, 2019
Passed the test yesterday (Nov 6).

However, during the interview, the lady asked me where are some of the stamps on the passport. I told her I started to use the permanent residence line to the automatic kiosk for PR and citizens at the airport after getting PR instead of the manual line which you normally get a stamp at the window. She told me that she will have to check with the border people about the exact dates for some of the trips, but considering I left about 60 days of leeway on my application, I should be fine. She will contact me if something comes up.

When asked about the estimated timeline for next steps (i.e. oauth), she told me that likely nothing before X'Mas.
We are similar. An office did not find out one stamp on my passport because I drove to Canada from US. I was told that It would take 1 to 3 months. It is almost one month and I am still waiting. Hopefully to get the letter soon.

Reactions: GraceCan