4th NOV 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
LANDED..........
16th September
Hi All,

My file has been in process since April 03th. I am from Brampton. Is everyone experiencing the same delays? Kinda worried...
Brampton and Mississauga people just apply for forget for 10 Months. It takes approx 10 months to get invite after In Process for Brampton / Mississauga / Milton

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
What binds us together in this group is our lazer focus on that moment when a government functionary looks at our file and decides this one is good to go.

I'll share a side story to give your mind a moment of distraction.

I sent in my citizenship application in January. IRCC says on their website the processing time is 12 months which means 80% of applications are done by then.

My PR card expires in mid-November. I travel across the border occasionally for business reasons. More importantly, I have a week long Caribbean holiday booked and paid in mid-December.

Two IRCC employees have casually said not to worry about it, I'll be done by then. If not, just show my expired PR card.

Well, I'm.70 days away from my trip. I've been “In Process” for the last six months. During a moment of idle curiosity I looked up “travel with expired Permanent Resident card”. Nope. Can't do it. I need either a valid PR card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document which can only be applied for outside of Canada.
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=065&top=10)

Which means I'm just one eagle eyed airline Check-in agent away from no vacation, money all gone.

PR renewal is $50, processing time is 22 days. After careful consideration I decided to think of the $50 fee like travel insurance. I'll have the card for the trip. If Citizenship happens before the PR I'll tell them to stop the PR process. If Citizenship happens after I get the card I will be happy to give them back their new card.

In the meantime I have one less thing to worry about.

Okay. Enough diversion. Go check your application status. And good luck!
And this raises my question, WHEN is the 12 months?

From the date they got the application? Opened it up (AOR), or In Process? Because for me, like many people here my application has only been In Process about six months. But they've had it almost nine months.

And while I was patiently waiting, I'm starting to become a little more impatient as I'm sure telling IRCC that I'm out of the country for almost three weeks over Christmas is going to delay my application even further even though the odds of a test during the last two weeks of the year is exceedingly small.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And this raises my question, WHEN is the 12 months?

From the date they got the application? Opened it up (AOR), or In Process? Because for me, like many people here my application has only been In Process about six months. But they've had it almost nine months.

And while I was patiently waiting, I'm starting to become a little more impatient as I'm sure telling IRCC that I'm out of the country for almost three weeks over Christmas is going to delay my application even further even though the odds of a test during the last two weeks of the year is exceedingly small.
starts from application received to decision made.

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
We cleared the test today. Praise God!
Interview was light and the officer was primarily checking for Passport contents and some general questions about work,etc. Officer mentioned that they would reach with Oath invite in 2-3mts.

Just a quick note: For those who are preparing for test ensure you read the book atleast 2 or more times end to end and do as many online quizzes you can since it helps to reinforce the learning. Wishing you all the best!

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
Hello friends... We get the test invite on October 9, 2019 for October 24 — I’m not sure if it’s relevant info to add but we request to not have the test until after October 20 because we are out of the country.

Wish us luck! Hard to study when you are travelling. :)

Reactions: pillow and GraceCan

a0

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview was light and the officer was primarily checking for Passport contents and some general questions about work,etc. Officer mentioned that they would reach with Oath invite in 2-3mts.

Just a quick note: For those who are preparing for test ensure you read the book atleast 2 or more times end to end and do as many online quizzes you can since it helps to reinforce the learning. Wishing you all the best!
Congrats :)

Have you checked your ecas status? Mine is still "In Process".

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019

Congrats! Happy for you.

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Hello friends... We get the test invite on October 9, 2019 for October 24 — I’m not sure if it’s relevant info to add but we request to not have the test until after October 20 because we are out of the country.

Wish us luck! Hard to study when you are travelling. :)
What’s your timeline ?

I applied on June 4th and my status changed to IP on Oct 4th and I’ll be away Nov 18-24 . Should I ask them not to schedule my test during this period ? How did you do it ? Or I won’t get a test invite during this period because it’s still early ? Thanks

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
starts from application received to decision made.
Guess I’m officially about to enter into my final quarter if one is to make 12 months then. Seems unlikely. But then I did have a non routine app because of fingerprints that were apparently fine five months back.

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
What’s your timeline ?

I applied on June 4th and my status changed to IP on Oct 4th and I’ll be away Nov 18-24 . Should I ask them not to schedule my test during this period ? How did you do it ? Or I won’t get a test invite during this period because it’s still early ? Thanks
I personally think its early.l but no harm in sending a request. We applied in January 28th and with Vancouver/Surrey office timeline, chance of getting invites while we are away is very likely that’s why we did it.

We used online webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Best of luck!