Physical presence: 1152
Applied: Jan 23, 2019
Application was received: Jan 28, 2019
AOR: March 25, 2019
Started processing: April 10, 2019
FP request: April 23, 2019
FP received from police and mailed: May 7, 2019
FP receipt confirmed: May 14, 2019

Since then, nothing. Anybody who received fingerprints request and are on the same boat? Getting anxious as many received their test invitation. Is Vancouver slow? Does fingerprint request slow everything down?
Yes. Very similar to my timeline. FP request means your application, like mine, is non routine. 12 months is the average for routine applications.

Vancouver can be slow and fast, same as Winnipeg, Montreal, any of them around the GTA and all others where people post saying this is the slowest office then someone posts that they got it really fast from the same office.

In almost all cases how long it takes is very much based on luck and if you get an agent willing to push your paperwork from one pile to another.

Read the book in your spare time and keep your fingers crossed. Check ECAS every few days or week and keep you eyes peeling for an email or snail mail.

peresada

Oct 21, 2014
Hi everybody, my first post here.

City: Vancouver, BC
Single application
Physical presence: 1152
Applied: Jan 23, 2019
The application was received: Jan 28, 2019
AOR: March 25, 2019
Started processing: April 10, 2019
FP request: April 23, 2019
FP received from police and mailed: May 7, 2019
FP receipt confirmed: May 14, 2019

Since then, nothing. Anybody who received fingerprints request and are on the same boat? Getting anxious as many received their test invitation. Is Vancouver slow? Does fingerprint request slow everything down?

I'm on the same boat (Vancouver, AOR March 20th). don't have many hopes, will be more that year.
I know from my GCMS notes that I have got criminality clarence but as I said I'm ready for the long, long wait.

Ariel_M

Jan 28, 2019
Did they mention you will do the oath ceremony same day ? if so that's really good. Mine doesnt say that unfortunately .
Yes. Here's the part of the letter I received:

"If you PASS the citizenship test/interview, meet all requirements, and your file is approved, you will receive an invitation to attend a Citizenship Ceremony at 1:30 pm on August 19th."

AhmadQ

Jul 15, 2012
Yes. Very similar to my timeline. FP request means your application, like mine, is non routine. 12 months is the average for routine applications.

Vancouver can be slow and fast, same as Winnipeg, Montreal, any of them around the GTA and all others where people post saying this is the slowest office then someone posts that they got it really fast from the same office.

In almost all cases how long it takes is very much based on luck and if you get an agent willing to push your paperwork from one pile to another.

Read the book in your spare time and keep your fingers crossed. Check ECAS every few days or week and keep you eyes peeling for an email or snail mail.
I'm not sure if FP request means the application is non-routine, is this stated anywhere at IRCC website?
Because I saw many applications with FP request and still got finalized within 12 months.

Update:
My apology: I just checked here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5 my self, and its clearly says that:
"We consider your application non-routine if: ....
we need you to submit extra documents, like: fingerprints"

Last edited:

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I'm not sure if FP request means the application is non-routine, is this stated anywhere at IRCC website?
Because I saw many applications with FP request and still got finalized within 12 months.

Update:
My apology: I just checked here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=5 my self, and its clearly says that:
"We consider your application non-routine if: ....
we need you to submit extra documents, like: fingerprints"
Yeah it’s a bit poor in my opinion given how many people actually get FP even for what seems like no good reason. But nothing we can do about it :(

HBM

Jul 12, 2019
Hallelujah! Finally got my test date for Aug 1st. Any advise? Is the test simple? I have been practicing online tests and have read the book as well. What about the interview after the test? What do they normally ask?

Reactions: GraceCan

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hallelujah! Finally got my test date for Aug 1st. Any advise? Is the test simple? I have been practicing online tests and have read the book as well. What about the interview after the test? What do they normally ask?
Yes. It is not very easy. But, if u read the book once and did practice, you should be okay. During the interview, they asked me to show driver's licence and the the passport. they verified the stamps against my application's physical presence calculator. It took around 5 mins.
Good luck!

HBM

Jul 12, 2019
Can anyone recommend any online tests that have helped them pass the test? there are so many online and I am not sure of the authenticity of those. - thank you in advance.