+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
Hi,

when they send the fingerprint request they will send through Email or Mail? if mail how much time does it take to receive that mail through Canada Post?.

sleepy-head

Jan 29, 2019
Earlier today I received an email with an invite for the citizenship test/interview at Halifax IRCC.
Please see below items in bold for update.

ID: sleepy-head
Physical Presence Days: 1694.5
App Sent: 22-Jan-2019
App Delivered: 24-Jan-2019 (day '0')
AOR: 15-Mar-2019 (day ~50)
In Process: 16-Apr-2019 (day ~82)
Test Invite Letter: 11-July-2019 (day ~168)
Test/Interview: 25-July-2019 (day ~182)

Admins: thank you very much for updating the spreadsheets. I think I need to start studying ;).

Reactions: GraceCan

aditvasu

Star Member
May 9, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am working on my Citizenship application and planning to submit it by 1st week of January. I created this forum as I couldn't find one for the 2019 applicants.

If there is an existing forum, I would request the Champion members to guide me there.

I have few questions and I am looking for someone to help me with them:

1) I landed in Canada on 20Jan2015. My eligibility period starts from 2014 Jan and I was in India waiting for my PR then.

Do I need a Police Clearance Certificate from India for this time?

2) I came here on spouse PR so never wrote a language test. Though my PGDM/ MBA degree and mark sheets are in English (it didn't state that the medium of instruction was English).

I also have my High School and Higher Secondary Certificate which is in two languages( English and Hindi) and it mentions that English was my subject and my scores in exams.

Will all these documents suffice as proof of English? Do I still need a letter from my college stating medium of Instruction was English?

3) Do I need to submit my Notice of Assessment for Tax Years to speed up my process?

Looking forward to your advice :)

1) PCC from India is required from India, only if stayed more than 183 days in India.

2) Yes - Preferably to get a letter from the University affiliated to your college. (For Medium of Instruction)

( Or) you can attach your CELPIP or IELTS score sheet & Degree certificate copies with an explanation letter.

3) No need for NOA for all the years. Since you would have ticked all the eligible years and you have already given your SIN Nos for you and your wife. They can get the info. from CRA.

All the very best.

Reactions: Rockstar16

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi,

when they send the fingerprint request they will send through Email or Mail? if mail how much time does it take to receive that mail through Canada Post?.
Possibly through either. If you got AOR via email there's a higher likelihood it will be via email as well but both are possible.

You'd find out about the 'snail mail' by checking ECAS, likely take about a week. Yes it's from a local office so should take two days but that assumes IRCC sent it out the day it's dated. And it's Canada Post, I've had international mail take 3 days ... and 2 weeks.

If ECAS says "We sent you correspondence on Month Day, Year. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required." and you don't have an email expect snail mail.

You have 30 days. But not everyone gets FP request at all, if you don't, could mean your routine application is processed faster. But I know people who got FP request after 15 months and Oath after 18 months, people who got FP request and Oath in 11-12 months (many) and someone who took 12 months without FP request. It's mainly luck of the draw.

podaSK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Passport Req..
16-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2016
LANDED..........
04-12-2016
Hello all. I have received my ceremony date! Good luck to everyone!

ID: podaSK
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1103
App Sent: January 14th, 2019
App Delivered: January 17th, 2019
AOR: March 22nd, 2019
In Process: April 23rd, 2019
Test Invite: May 23rd, 2019
Test Date: June 13th, 2019
Decision Made: June 28th, 2019
Oath Letter Date: July 11th, 2019
Oath Date: July 30th, 2019

Reactions: FSWCIO and GraceCan

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
My background check is complete. Now I have to wait for the Hamilton office to call me for the test.
Do you guys know if the Hamilton location is fast or slow?
Thank you!
As far as i know it's not fast but every one is different.

cAmAiR12

Jul 9, 2019
Hi Senior guys! I sent my application in July 2019 just want help from you guys.

Q12b) Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years:

I just realised that I entered the last 3 years(2018/2017/2016) in Q12b instead of 5.

Since, I was neither a PR nor in Canada in 2015/2014 and was not suppose to file any taxes for year 2015/2014. I missed entering 2015/2014 and checking 'No' under 'Required to file' and 'Taxes Filed' columns in the table.

Will this be ok or they can send the application back considering it incomplete...?

Thanks

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi Senior guys! I sent my application in July 2019 just want help from you guys.

Q12b) Tell us when you filed your income taxes in the last 5 years:

I just realised that I entered the last 3 years(2018/2017/2016) in Q12b instead of 5.

Since, I was neither a PR nor in Canada in 2015/2014 and was not suppose to file any taxes for year 2015/2014. I missed entering 2015/2014 and checking 'No' under 'Required to file' and 'Taxes Filed' columns in the table.

Will this be ok or they can send the application back considering it incomplete...?

Thanks
I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread, this is for January 2019, but your other posts were in the July thread :)

Did you actually list 2014/2015 with No/No? if so that is correct, if you only entered 2016-2018 you may be getting it back as they want 5 years. The entire form is based on last 5 years period even if you were only in Canada for three of them.

Now, personally, I listed 2015-2018 only and got AOR. But then I also applied in Jan 2019. I think honestly it depends on the agent you get, good luck.

Last edited:

HBM

Jul 12, 2019
Hello All, I am new here and this is my 1st posting. My question is that I have applied for my Citizenship from Vancouver, BC and I received my application number and my application process started on Jan 29, 2019. I have not heard anything since then from CIC and my online status also says “In Process”. Does this mean that my application has been accepted and now its only a matter of waiting for the test date or is there a possibility that they may ask for other documents still? I read that people who applied in March have already got their test dates and that’s worrying me a bit. Thank you!

abdul538

Mar 26, 2015
Possibly through either. If you got AOR via email there's a higher likelihood it will be via email as well but both are possible.

You'd find out about the 'snail mail' by checking ECAS, likely take about a week. Yes it's from a local office so should take two days but that assumes IRCC sent it out the day it's dated. And it's Canada Post, I've had international mail take 3 days ... and 2 weeks.

If ECAS says "We sent you correspondence on Month Day, Year. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required." and you don't have an email expect snail mail.

You have 30 days. But not everyone gets FP request at all, if you don't, could mean your routine application is processed faster. But I know people who got FP request after 15 months and Oath after 18 months, people who got FP request and Oath in 11-12 months (many) and someone who took 12 months without FP request. It's mainly luck of the draw.

On July 8 my ecas has been updated saying they send some correspondence but i didn't receive any email and when i called them after couple of days they are saying they send an email for finger print request which i didn't receive it.

Now i have to wait 5 days before they send me the new email but i am surprised why i didn't receive any email everything is correct on their file and i did receive AOR through email correctly.

In case of worst scenario what should i do. can i do the finger print without the letter or i should wait till the letter comes in?

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hello All, I am new here and this is my 1st posting. My question is that I have applied for my Citizenship from Vancouver, BC and I received my application number and my application process started on Jan 29, 2019. I have not heard anything since then from CIC and my online status also says “In Process”. Does this mean that my application has been accepted and now its only a matter of waiting for the test date or is there a possibility that they may ask for other documents still? I read that people who applied in March have already got their test dates and that’s worrying me a bit. Thank you!
I think there is nothing to worry about at this point. But, to have a peace of mind, you may want to call IRCC and get it confirmed that they are not waiting on/for anything.

HBM

Jul 12, 2019
I think there is nothing to worry about at this point. But, to have a peace of mind, you may want to call IRCC and get it confirmed that they are not waiting on/for anything.
Trying to call them for the past week - since their automated system is not working, either the wait times are too long, or they cannot transfer to an agent due to high volume of calls :( - thanks for your response nonetheless.

msweet42

Jan 25, 2019
Gatineau, QC
LANDED..........
29-12-1986
I had my meeting in Ottawa Thursday, the 11th. We confirmed I'm an old fart and could skip the test. The interviewer checked my PR card, Driver's Licence, and current and most recently expired passports. General questions about my employment and relatively many trips to the US. Asked if I had any criminal history. Nothing exciting there.

Then he asked me why I waited so long - I've been in Canada 35 years. I told him that question had come been on my mind and I'd been trying to think of what changed.

What I came up with was my parents. Mom passed in 2015 and Dad in 2016. I think in the back of my mind I didn't want to do it while they were here. They're gone so it's okay.

He was touched by my answer.

He said everything looked good, they are just waiting for a bit more info from a third source and then I'll have my decision.

cAmAiR12

Jul 9, 2019
I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread, this is for January 2019, but your other posts were in the July thread :)

Did you actually list 2014/2015 with No/No? if so that is correct, if you only entered 2016-2018 you may be getting it back as they want 5 years. The entire form is based on last 5 years period even if you were only in Canada for three of them.

Now, personally, I listed 2015-2018 only and got AOR. But then I also applied in Jan 2019. I think honestly it depends on the agent you get, good luck.
Thanks alots buddy.
one last question. since you said u applied in January 2019 and got AOR did you list 2014 with No/No