+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

Anto2015

Feb 9, 2019
Yeah it's a long audio (English)...but I was able to download with my phone...Anytime in my car I put it on or going for walk. I have been listening to it since I submitted my application ,so it became like a song to me . lol

if your phone has low speed internet ,try to connect to a wifi to download.

I'm from a french speaking country but I became more comfortable to English.

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:

Sky_01

Aug 13, 2014
Hi,
What among the following are travel documents besides passports? (Citizenship Application #14)

1. PR Card
  2. Canada Visa that was applied on the passport for 1st entry.
  3. US Visa
  4. Fast Card
  5. Previous UAE Residence Visalii
    Please avoid using all CAPS as it sounds rude. Thank you.
    All caps reflects urgency in present context, not rude. Looks like someone misguided you about etiquettes during language training in Canada

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Hi,
What among the following are travel documents besides passports? (Citizenship Application #14)

1. PR Card
  3. US Visa
  4. Fast Card

All caps reflects urgency in present context, not rude. Looks like someone misguided you about etiquettes during language training in Canada
Just passport.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi,

1. PR Card
  3. US Visa
  4. Fast Card

All due respect but all caps is generally considered rude (shouting) in many (‘Western’) countries including Canada. I would advise avoiding all caps especially on some stricter forums and in the workplace.

This is also the Jan 2019 application thread, I’m not sure if it’s the best location/thread for a question about documents for a future application.

Reactions: mytammy and ETE

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Is there any whats group for citizenship applicants ?
There are some groups yes. I don’t belong to any but I’ve seen some listed in various threads and signatures. Might be able to find via a search, not sure if there is one for every month though.

Yeah it's a long audio (English)...but I was able to download with my phone...Anytime in my car I put it on or going for walk. I have been listening to it since I submitted my application ,so it became like a song to me . lol

if your phone has low speed internet ,try to connect to a wifi to download.

I'm from a french speaking country but I became more comfortable to English.

Hope this helps you.
It does help thanks. To be honest 3h seemed short to me ;) Was able to download okay on PC I think my phone is obsessed with me always being online which doesn’t work for me.

I wonder if it’ll aid me as a sleep aid? :)

Sky_01

Aug 13, 2014
All due respect but all caps is generally considered rude (shouting) in many (‘Western’) countries including Canada. I would advise avoiding all caps especially on some stricter forums and in the workplace.

This is also the Jan 2019 application thread, I’m not sure if it’s the best location/thread for a question about documents for a future application.
Just because you have read something somewhere does not mean its a universal truth. You must understand that if someone needs advise they will not have a rude expression. Sometimes if its urgency it's common to have a louder verbal expression than we normally have. It's good u have adapted, but let common sense prevail.

Last edited:

jgbfree19

Jan 20, 2019
Test was straightforward, it took about 5 min to finish. Interview was quick too, I was asked to provide my driver license, PR and passport and also health card...to confirm my ID , And no criminal record . I was also asked where I was currently working. Signed a document. Done !

Try not to stress too much about the test and interview. You are been called for the interview to confirm the info you submitted. Bring your original documents and read the study guide.

P.S. I only listen the audio format of the study guide and practice with this link below.

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

Best of luck.
Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it. Congrats again!

krisbalar

Feb 14, 2019
My background check is complete. Now I have to wait for the Hamilton office to call me for the test.
Do you guys know if the Hamilton location is fast or slow?
Thank you!

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
i passed test Interview on june 4th but still Ecas shows In Process .
i refer spreadsheet and everyone getting DM after IP in almost 3-4 days aft test Interview.

is it normal or i have some problem in my file ??
kindly please Advise

thank you

Reactions: GraceCan

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Just because you have read something somewhere does not mean its a universal truth. You must understand that if someone needs advise they will not have a rude expression. Sometimes if its urgency it's common to have a louder verbal expression than we normally have. It's good u have adapted, but let common sense prevail.
And the same to you.

I've worked for multiple companies in multiple countries and my current team spans three continents with other colleagues in seven countries. Taking my advice is up to you or not.

There are other forums where posting in all caps will result in your post being deleted and multiple instances get you banned. Take of that what you will.

Either way, good luck with your application.

Reactions: mytammy and ETE

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
i passed test Interview on june 4th but still Ecas shows In Process .
i refer spreadsheet and everyone getting DM after IP in almost 3-4 days aft test Interview.

is it normal or i have some problem in my file ??
kindly please Advise

thank you
There are definitely some instances of that reported. Are you able to call IRCC to check and report back? You may need to call multiple times to get through and expect a wait time of 30 minutes or longer. Congrats on passing the test.

hms329

Nov 7, 2013
My background check is complete. Now I have to wait for the Hamilton office to call me for the test.
Do you guys know if the Hamilton location is fast or slow?
Thank you!
Hi, Thanks for the update.
How did you know, was it shown on ECAS? Or did you call CIC?