+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

flashadi

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Kitchener Office seems to be the slowest nationwide. I have checked other group threads for December, Nov, Oct 2018 and Kitchener is the slowest among all. Mine has been in process since April and no updates since then.
I am also on the same boat.

srazi

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Hello everyone,

Please update my status.
I am done with test/interview on June 27. Had oath cermony the same day and recieved my citizenship certificate :).

This group was a great help for me since I didnot recieve any corespondence though mail/email till april. In april I was told by one of group member to check my ICAS online. Which I did and found that my AOR was sent in march and application is in process already since march 19. Upon calling CIC i got to know that my email was wrong which I got corrected and onwards recieved my test/interview call through email.

Thanks everyone and best of luck.

f_shabbir

Nov 5, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please update my status.
I am done with test/interview on June 27. Had oath cermony the same day and recieved my citizenship certificate :).

This group was a great help for me since I didnot recieve any corespondence though mail/email till april. In april I was told by one of group member to check my ICAS online. Which I did and found that my AOR was sent in march and application is in process already since march 19. Upon calling CIC i got to know that my email was wrong which I got corrected and onwards recieved my test/interview call through email.

Thanks everyone and best of luck.
Congratulations!!

Just curious how did you get the test and oath ceremony on the same day?

cadguycad

Jul 4, 2019
Hey guys! Just a quick question: how long does it usually take for the agency to return an incomplete application? They have received my application on June 10th (according to Canada Post's tracking system), but I have yet to receive my application back.

To cut the story short, I think they might return my application because I only provided a copy of my university diploma as proof of my English proficiency. Some people who did their application for citizenship had theirs returned because of that - even though on the government's website says a copy of a diploma is enough. I can just give them a transcript of records along with the diploma, if that is enough. Also might be a long shot, I did pass the IELTS like a few years back and provided CIC a copy of it when I applied for a working permit back in 2013, but I doubt this agency who handles Canadian citizenship applications will check all of my records with CIC. I already lost the copies of this IELTS result.

Thanks!

EDIT: no AOR yet either.

Last edited:

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hey guys! Just a quick question: how long does it usually take for the agency to return an incomplete application? They have received my application on June 10th (according to Canada Post's tracking system), but I have yet to receive my application back.

To cut the story short, I think they might return my application because I only provided a copy of my university diploma as proof of my English proficiency. Some people who did their application for citizenship had theirs returned because of that - even though on the government's website says a copy of a diploma is enough. I can just give them a transcript of records along with the diploma, if that is enough. Also might be a long shot, I did pass the IELTS like a few years back and provided CIC a copy of it when I applied for a working permit back in 2013, but I doubt this agency who handles Canadian citizenship applications will check all of my records with CIC. I already lost the copies of this IELTS result.

Thanks!

EDIT: no AOR yet either.
They wouldn't check your previous applications or the documents submitted before. If they are not satisfied with the diploma certificate, either they will return your application and ask you to resubmit it or they will ask you to bring the documents during your test interview.

cadguycad

Jul 4, 2019
They wouldn't check your previous applications or the documents submitted before. If they are not satisfied with the diploma certificate, either they will return your application and ask you to resubmit it or they will ask you to bring the documents during your test interview.
Hi,

I am aware of this - my question is what is the average time for them to return an incomplete application? It’s been almost a month since they’ve received my application, so I want to know if this is normal.

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
Hi,

I am aware of this - my question is what is the average time for them to return an incomplete application? It’s been almost a month since they’ve received my application, so I want to know if this is normal.
Good morning! We have our application returned due to a silly error. We sent our application in October 30, 2018 and got them back January 20, 2019 - the explanation letter was dated January 14th.

Hope this helps.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi,

AOR is generally 2-3 months. Turnaround time for returning applications is similar. But you may want to check in the thread related to when you sent it (May/June?) Last month with a lot of AORs was April with a 73 day average and has been increasing. May has just two urgent ones. So you likely won't hear for ... about 3 months.

msweet42

Jan 25, 2019
Gatineau, QC
LANDED..........
29-12-1986
I received a phone call today from CIC asking if I would be available for an interview late next week. (Of course I will!) She confirmed my email address and said I will receive an email Monday with the details of where to go and what to bring.

I asked her if I would be needing to renew my PR card that expires in November. She said no, I won't need to renew it.

I'm going to take that as good news.

cadguycad

Jul 4, 2019
Good morning! We have our application returned due to a silly error. We sent our application in October 30, 2018 and got them back January 20, 2019 - the explanation letter was dated January 14th.

Hope this helps.

AOR is generally 2-3 months. Turnaround time for returning applications is similar. But you may want to check in the thread related to when you sent it (May/June?) Last month with a lot of AORs was April with a 73 day average and has been increasing. May has just two urgent ones. So you likely won't hear for ... about 3 months.
Thank you for this!

NiManta

Feb 25, 2019
I received a phone call today from CIC asking if I would be available for an interview late next week. (Of course I will!) She confirmed my email address and said I will receive an email Monday with the details of where to go and what to bring.

I asked her if I would be needing to renew my PR card that expires in November. She said no, I won't need to renew it.

I'm going to take that as good news.
Congrats! Out of curiosity, when you got the call, was it a random number or did you actually see IRCC (or sth. similar) as the caller on your phone? Asking because I normally do not answer calls from random unknown numbers.