+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
If you have another copy of the documents. you might want to send it with Canada post yourself!
Was told it was all electronic and so didn’t get anything myself! They used the FP style machines I’ve used before for US entry and a visa or two elsewhere.

Maybe I should phone CIC on Monday? Or just trust in the process.

pronto_toronto

May 17, 2019
Was told it was all electronic and so didn’t get anything myself! They used the FP style machines I’ve used before for US entry and a visa or two elsewhere.

Maybe I should phone CIC on Monday? Or just trust in the process.
You should call everyday until they confirm the reception. Also, try to ask them how long does it usually take for them to receive the FP, so you will know if something's wrong.

shishir.bindu

May 13, 2014
Test Invite date: May 24, 2019
Test Interview date: June 13, 2019.

We are family applicants (my wife, my 9 years old son and I ). My wife and I got the invitation for the test, but my son (9 years old) did not get any invitation. Is it normal or expected? Do I need to take my son with us?

Thanks

Reactions: pillow

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
You should call everyday until they confirm the reception. Also, try to ask them how long does it usually take for them to receive the FP, so you will know if something's wrong.
Hmmm okay, I’ll try and find the details and give them a call on Monday. I mean that’ll be three weeks since requested *and* sent so they really should at least be able to confirm I’ve done all I need to.

Happy to wait a bit, but if there’s something missing from my end... well I don’t want to go past their 30 days when I did my bit < 3h after getting their email!

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
How come some people are having their Oath Ceremony the very next day of their Test day? Are these urgent processing requests?
Sometimes IRCC considers where the applicant resides and their proximity to the closest IRCC office. Sometimes but not always.

essiralc14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Manitoba
Test Invite date: May 24, 2019
Test Interview date: June 13, 2019.

We are family applicants (my wife, my 9 years old son and I ). My wife and I got the invitation for the test, but my son (9 years old) did not get any invitation. Is it normal or expected? Do I need to take my son with us?

Thanks
According to the website, minors do not need to take the test and they do not need to got to the interview EXCEPT in some cases.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
There is not even one person from whom received FP request, have received any test invitation? strange
Yes does not seem like any one with 'FP request' has received test invitation.
I got my FP done and also called IRCC to confirm they received it.
Waiting on the next step (Test Date).

Reactions: Abud83

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
24 jan 2015
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
As usual Calgary seems to be the slowest and longest processing city, I'm not sure what they are doing at
Harry Hays Building?!!!!!!
Calgary is still better than Mississauga. Lats person got test invite is from July 2018. :(

Reactions: Abud83

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Calgary is still better than Mississauga. Lats person got test invite is from July 2018. :(
OMG! I think Hamilton is slow as well. Many Hamilton applicants I see in this forum are stuck either in AOR or in process, unless some do not update their status

krisbalar

Feb 14, 2019
I called immigration today about my FP.
FP request email received on May 9th and done on May 10th
They confirm that they received the FP results on May 22nd and they don't know how long it will take before the test invitation.

Good luck to everyone!

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Well that's just painful, their phone system is terrible and after finally getting through it says they're too busy to take any calls. So, no idea if they ever got my FPs that were apparently sent directly, on May 6th.

What number do others use? 1-888-242-2100 and then 1 a couple of times followed by 4 for Citizenship?

I don't understand why they can't update the In Process list to say something more than we sent you <something> on Date X, if you haven't yet done anything do it asap.

pronto_toronto

May 17, 2019
I'm wondering if someone knows how come the user "irele" from Toronto had his/her oath letter so fast (less than 6 months)! Anyone has an idea?
Was it an urgent application?

harman___

Sep 21, 2011
I called immigration today about my FP.
FP request email received on May 9th and done on May 10th
They confirm that they received the FP results on May 22nd and they don't know how long it will take before the test invitation.

Good luck to everyone!
Hey did you get Fb through mail ?
As my status showing they sent me correspondence on may23 . But I haven't received any anything. Please advice . What is your correspondence fb date ON ecas status ?

krisbalar

Feb 14, 2019
Hey did you get Fb through mail ?
As my status showing they sent me correspondence on may23 . But I haven't received any anything. Please advice . What is your correspondence fb date ON ecas status ?
No, i received an Email on May 9th and the same day it shows correspondence on ECAs status.

Dear client,

You are receiving this email and the attached letter because your fingerprints are required to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship.