+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Dear all,

I have a question regarding the citizenship application. The online application status indicated that IRCC has sent me correspondence on April 9th, but I have not received anything by email. Is it possible that this message will be sent to my home address, or should I contact IRCC to figure what this is about? Thank you!

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 28, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 19, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 27, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 9, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
most likely this is finger print request, it will arrive in your mail box. give it at least a week or 10 days to be in your mail box.

Reactions: Abud83

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
I also got a finger-print request by email on April 12. Weird that it says you have to do it electronically. It says in bold no ink. Also, it is asking me to take the .pdf file sent with the email (instructions) so that the police station can note the application file and processing office address. However, there is none in the file. The address and application lines are blank. Have been given 30 days to submit.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Same here dear and I don't think it is only Ottawa! Edmonton too . I got AOR on March 1rst and nothing after that until now .
I guess we need to be patient
Are you checking ECAS? Mine went to IP after 27 days but I only found out by checking ECAS daily ... Still got no email about it despite having checked my spam folder and whitelisting every possible iteration I could find related to the CIC...

Reactions: Angelcat

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Are you checking ECAS? Mine went to IP after 27 days but I only found out by checking ECAS daily ... Still got no email about it despite having checked my spam folder and whitelisting every possible iteration I could find related to the CIC...
I don’t think they send any email or notification when application goes in process, i also found out about mine from ECAS

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
most likely this is finger print request, it will arrive in your mail box. give it at least a week or 10 days to be in your mail box.
I got mine via email..

Angelcat

Jan 7, 2019
Why is Ottawa very slow? I received my AOR on March 22. It's been 3 weeks. Still, the status says application received. It didn't change to "In Process".
Same here dear and I don't think it is only Ottawa! Edmonton too . I got AOR on March 1rst and nothing after that until now .
oh yeah I am checking via ECAS and still application received

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014

oh yeah I am checking via ECAS and still application received
depends on application to application
I am from Edmonton too
AOR received on March 21
Application in process on March 30

krisvasanthkumar

Jul 12, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Colombo VO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18th Dec 2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged-11th Feb 2015 / ECAS went live-4th March 2015
Nomination.....
PER-5th March 2015
AOR Received.
27th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
7th July 2015
Med's Done....
28th July 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Request: 04th Sep 2015 / Submitted: 08th Sep 2015
VISA ISSUED...
10th Sep 2015
LANDED..........
8th Oct 2015
At first I too panicked seeing blank header on the letter when I opened the PDF file on my cell phone. But when I opened it in my laptop I could see the bar code and all other info. Update your PDF with latest version and try.
Find a third party agency close to you where you can provide your fingerprint. The list is in the rcmp website.

I also got a finger-print request by email on April 12. Weird that it says you have to do it electronically. It says in bold no ink. Also, it is asking me to take the .pdf file sent with the email (instructions) so that the police station can note the application file and processing office address. However, there is none in the file. The address and application lines are blank. Have been given 30 days to submit.