+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

Angelcat

Jan 7, 2019
This is my interpretation or understanding of the process. It may be wrong.
  • The Sydney office sends you AOR email on a first come first serve basis. Also, it depends on when Canada post delivered / who received / how the applications are stacked / how they are taken out and who filed it. So, there might be a plus or minus 1 week variation in FIFO.
  • After sending you AOR, Sydney office sends your application to your nearest visa office. I believe, they are sending physical paper application. So, now it depends on when Sydney office mailed the application (I believe they do in batches), how far is your visa office from Sydney, when they receive it, who receives it, who handles your application, etc. So, to se "in process" it takes again a week or two or even three based on the factors I just mentioned.
  • Afterwards it's wholly based on your visa office (Ottawa in my case). A lot of factors again - work force, work load, efficiency of the officers application complexity, vacations, etc.
Waouh it is so well explained . Difficult to say that you are not right. Thanks dear . I am waiting my "i

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

pillow

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-03-2016
Nomination.....
30-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016

rbhp

Jan 28, 2019
hi All,
just want to confirm

my application received on Jan 28th 2019. i didnt received any email for AOR. But when i check on ECAS it shows
  1. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 21, 2019
Do i need to call for AOR ???
please advise and thanks in Adv

Reactions: pillow

vincentca

Mar 3, 2019
This is my interpretation or understanding of the process. It may be wrong.
  • The Sydney office sends you AOR email on a first come first serve basis. Also, it depends on when Canada post delivered / who received / how the applications are stacked / how they are taken out and who filed it. So, there might be a plus or minus 1 week variation in FIFO.
  • After sending you AOR, Sydney office sends your application to your nearest visa office. I believe, they are sending physical paper application. So, now it depends on when Sydney office mailed the application (I believe they do in batches), how far is your visa office from Sydney, when they receive it, who receives it, who handles your application, etc. So, to se "in process" it takes again a week or two or even three based on the factors I just mentioned.
  • Afterwards it's wholly based on your visa office (Ottawa in my case). A lot of factors again - work force, work load, efficiency of the officers application complexity, vacations, etc.
Awesome! How do you know so much details lol! How do I know which visa office is processing my file? Location:Vancouver

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
hi All,
just want to confirm

my application received on Jan 28th 2019. i didnt received any email for AOR. But when i check on ECAS it shows
  1. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 21, 2019
Do i need to call for AOR ???
please advise and thanks in Adv
One possibility is that it might have gone to your spam. If not, they might have mistyped your email address. Call them immediately and correct it as every communication will be through email here after.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Awesome! How do you know so much details lol! How do I know which visa office is processing my file? Location:Vancouver
I think, probably Vancouver then.
Unlike Spouse sponsorship application, you will not get second AOR email from the Visa office. But I think your test invite letter will have that visa office information.

peachmango

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
I remember years ago that you can download an apps for ECAS checking, but couldn’t find it now int he app store. And I have the spreadsheet’s link. Thank you. :)

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
Reactions: pillow

maryjane

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
study permit
You mean Quebec's list of electors? I intentionally left this blank given I don't live in Quebec.
Hi! Yes. Thats the one. Did you get AOR?

maryjane

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Med's Done....
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
study permit
Hey maryjane, I had forgot too, I just received my AoR. You should be fine.
yes. Thank you. Keeping my fingers crossed! :) When was your application received? :)