+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

Jan 22, 2019
hello everyone!

I applied my cotizenship december 26,2018.
Mailed it through canada post the next day. After 2weeks i noticed that one of the requirent is a photocopy of passport covering the 5 years immediately before the date of your application. I sent my latest passport issued july 2015 and expiry aug 2020. I did not sent a photocopy of my old pasaport.

Is there something I ahould do or contact cic?

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
Did you guys notice that the application version has changed sometime in late December ?
I am wondering if there ppl in this form that have sent the application with prior version(June 2018) in Jan second week like me :(
I am feeling that my application will be returned due to this !!!
I don't think so application can be returned as this is a relatively new change. Did you find any difference between the versions?

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
Hello folks,

I have few urgent questions as I plan to submit my application this week.

Q10a. I am submitting my home country police certificate. What should I mention in the 'explanation' column?

Q11 - what address I have to mention against the job? job address or home address. also the time spent as employed, what address should I write? home address?

Thanks!

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
Hello folks,

I have few urgent questions as I plan to submit my application this week.

Q10a. I am submitting my home country police certificate. What should I mention in the 'explanation' column?

Q11 - what address I have to mention against the job? job address or home address. also the time spent as employed, what address should I write? home address?

Thanks!
* time spent as unemployed

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Did you guys notice that the application version has changed sometime in late December ?
I am wondering if there ppl in this form that have sent the application with prior version(June 2018) in Jan second week like me :(
I am feeling that my application will be returned due to this !!!
If you check their website you see this:

Applications received at our Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, NS on January 11, 2018 or later must use forms from October 2017 or later(indicated on the lower left corner of the form). Application forms that are not up-to-date will be returned as incomplete. IRCC does not consider the date of signatures or mailing to be deciding factors.

Note: This does not apply to applications originally received at the CPC before January 11, 2018 and returned as incomplete. These applicants are not required to resubmit a new form versions. However, they must submit any missing information or documents the CPC requests.

What I understood from this is that they even accept application dated October 2017 so they for sure accept June 2018 ones right?

Last edited:

denrus89

Mar 3, 2016
Dear Admin,
I would appreciate if you can add me to the spreadsheet of January applicants:

Single applicant
File sent: Jan 18, 2019
Delivered: Jan 22, 2019
Physical presence: 1324
City of my Residence: Vancouver, BC

Thank you!

Reactions: pillow

denrus89

Mar 3, 2016
Guys, just a friendly advice - try NOT to send your application exactly on the day when you have 1095 days of physical presence. They are REALLY picky when it comes to this specific criterion and if you have mistakenly calculated these days, your application would be returned, so you can end up losing some precious time and will have to reapply.

So two options:
A) Make sure you are very precise in your calculations and confident in your dates. If you are, then send it!
B) Just in case, if you are a bit unsure, wait for a few days/weeks to have that extra safety net - it wouldn't hurt you, but you will save yourself a lot of time and headache if you do it correctly in your first attempt!

I had a negative experience myself, so I am just sharing my knowledge with you. I also know others who were very tight on their applications when it came to the psychical presence requirement of 1095 days, but thankfully it worked out for them. Officers will carefully investigate this section, look at your stamps/travel history in your passport and cross check it with your records. So make sure you are very confident in your dates!

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, just a friendly advice - try NOT to send your application exactly on the day when you have 1095 days of physical presence. They are REALLY picky when it comes to this specific criterion and if you have mistakenly calculated these days, your application would be returned, so you can end up losing some precious time and will have to reapply.

So two options:
A) Make sure you are very precise in your calculations and confident in your dates. If you are, then send it!
B) Just in case, if you are a bit unsure, wait for a few days/weeks to have that extra safety net - it wouldn't hurt you, but you will save yourself a lot of time and headache if you do it correctly in your first attempt!

I had a negative experience myself, so I am just sharing my knowledge with you. I also know others who were very tight on their applications when it came to the psychical presence requirement of 1095 days, but thankfully it worked out for them. Officers will carefully investigate this section, look at your stamps/travel history in your passport and cross check it with your records. So make sure you are very confident in your dates!
Hello
when do the officer investigate the stamps? bec i only sent my biological pages of the passport that include my information on it .

Last edited:

pillow

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Doc's Request.
14-03-2016
Nomination.....
30-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016

alinech

Jan 10, 2019
so i sent my application on jan 10 arrived by post jan 14. i filled the application sometime in december (before the form changed). do you think it will be returned? and if does usually they return it right away? or it takes time?

also, do you think it is better to just fill a new physical calculator/form and resend it with a letter explaining the issue?

alinech

Jan 10, 2019

Applications received at our Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Sydney, NS on January 11, 2018 or later must use forms from October 2017 or later(indicated on the lower left corner of the form). Application forms that are not up-to-date will be returned as incomplete. IRCC does not consider the date of signatures or mailing to be deciding factors.

Note: This does not apply to applications originally received at the CPC before January 11, 2018 and returned as incomplete. These applicants are not required to resubmit a new form versions. However, they must submit any missing information or documents the CPC requests.

What I understood from this is that they even accept application dated October 2017 so they for sure accept June 2018 ones right?
this is crazy i filled the application on Dec.21st and it was still june format. they probably changed it last week of december.

vignesh_shanmugam

Sep 26, 2014
Hi Friends, I have a question.
I landed in Jan 2016 as PR. I just completed my physical presence requirement. But then learnt that I should file at least 3 years tax to be eligible to apply for Canadian Citizenship.

So far I filed taxes for year 2016 & 2017. For year 2018, I am waiting for my T4. This means, I cannot apply for citizenship until I file my 2018 taxes?

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014

I wish they don't return this for this reason :(
But the above highlighted is what it bothers me

vidyasagar

Jan 7, 2019
this is crazy i filled the application on Dec.21st and it was still june format. they probably changed it last week of december.
Ya same with me. I have filled the application during last week of December and sent it in January 2nd week. I have used old form. I never noticed the new form till now.

But it is clearly mentioned that Forms must be October 2017 or later. So we should be fine. and I dont see any difference in old and new forms(Still checking).