+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Kitchener is on top of the slowest ones as well. in process since April 25 and nothing there yet. Anyone else from Kitchener area here?

Reactions: r4rameezraja

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
Kitchener is on top of the slowest ones as well. in process since April 25 and nothing there yet. Anyone else from Kitchener area here?
Am from Pickering, also in process since April 25 and nothing has changed yet.

jammv

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
29-07-2014 (SA received)
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Passport Req..
19-01-2015 (DM:20-01-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Received - Feb 11th
I recently lost my job in Canada and got an offer from US. I requested for an urgent processing of my oath. I completed my test on May 09th.

Its been 1 week since I submitted the eform for urgent processing, but till now I didn’t get any response or any acknowledgment email. Does anyone have any idea when they will respond or what’s the response time for urgent processing?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I think I've seen almost every office called out in at least one thread here as being the slowest ;)

And let's bear in mind many of us only got "FP" since IP and all indications are this slows down your application, so in many ways nothing for two months may actually be good news.

Personally, I'd rather get the DM within 4 months and have to wait 2-3 for the oath (Winnipeg and likely Atlantic Provinces, maybe excluding NL) vs waiting 9-10 months for a test invite (most others).

I recently lost my job in Canada and got an offer from US. I requested for an urgent processing of my oath. I completed my test on May 09th.

Its been 1 week since I submitted the eform for urgent processing, but till now I didn’t get any response or any acknowledgment email. Does anyone have any idea when they will respond or what’s the response time for urgent processing?
Wait what; do you want to speed up processing so you can leave the country indefinitely and maybe not return? I'm not sure CIC would see that as a good reason - urgent processing is for people who are (generally needed?) waiting to start a job that requires it. The most famous actual example is for that person about to potentially be elected (politician) I believe ...

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM

You will be lucky if they ignore your request and grant your citizenship within normal processing time. LOL

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
I think I've seen almost every office called out in at least one thread here as being the slowest ;)

And let's bear in mind many of us only got "FP" since IP and all indications are this slows down your application, so in many ways nothing for two months may actually be good news.

Personally, I'd rather get the DM within 4 months and have to wait 2-3 for the oath (Winnipeg and likely Atlantic Provinces, maybe excluding NL) vs waiting 9-10 months for a test invite (most others).

Wait what; do you want to speed up processing so you can leave the country indefinitely and maybe not return? I'm not sure CIC would see that as a good reason - urgent processing is for people who are (generally needed?) waiting to start a job that requires it. The most famous actual example is for that person about to potentially be elected (politician) I believe ...
I think they also consider if any job in Canada (mostly govt. jobs) that requires citizenship and you are potential fit for that job posting.

Dextor

May 31, 2019
Admin,

Can you please update my details to the Jan 2019 sheet

Username: Dextor
Application Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1200 days
Application sent: January 22, 2019
Application Received: January 25, 2019
AOR: March 19, 2019

Thank you.

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

rahulpune82

Sep 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th May 2014
Doc's Request.
NDVO lost PCC given with MR so asked again in 6th Feb 2015
Nomination.....
PER 24th Sept 2014
Med's Request
4th NOV 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
LANDED..........
16th September
It looks like one of the reasons for applying for Citizenship could be TN Visa.

That is correct not at all denying it , however at-least we should not reveal this to CIC for urgent processing.