+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

Dec 15, 2018
Hi i have a question my eligibility is jan 12-2014 to jan 12-2019, i moved to canada as a permanent resident on Nov 03-2014 do i have to fill residence outside of canada form( cit 0177) ?
Please advice thank you

SKPAUL77

Dec 1, 2014
Hi everyone
pls add me as well champion

ID : skpaul77
App type: Self
Physical presence: 1258
App sent: Jan 2.2019
App delivered: Jan 11, 2019

Reactions: pillow

SKPAUL77

Dec 1, 2014
Hi i have a question my eligibility is jan 12-2014 to jan 12-2019, i moved to canada as a permanent resident on Nov 03-2014 do i have to fill residence outside of canada form( cit 0177) ?
Please advice thank you
Hi

To best of my understanding you do not have to fill this. Cit 0177 needs to be filled if you would have moved to outside canada between Nov 03, 2014 and jan 12,2019

hjstannum

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Please add my data to the tracker:

ID : hjstannum
App type: Self
Physical presence: 1,138 days
App sent: Jan 11, 2019

goingtotoronto

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hey, Guys Please add my data
ID: Camry
App type: Adult Family members 2
Physical presence days:1106
App sent: 03-01-2019
App received: 04-01-2019
______________________________________________________________________________________
That's fast which service you used to post?

goingtotoronto

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
i
I don’t want to take chance by saying No if I am physically outside Canada more than ~180 days. So either say Yes and give clarification letter, or say Yes and fill the form and clarification letter.
No in my sense is answering wrong to that question.

The question would be more accurate if it asks “ time spent outside Canada as crown servant”. Hope they rectify that in next update
its clear they wont rectify cause what they meant is that if you spent time outside Canada being a government employee(crown) so that is very clear guys

Camry

Jan 9, 2019
______________________________________________________________________________________
That's fast which service you used to post?
I used FedEx express service they deliver parcel 1 business day. FedEx service is excellent but quite expensive.

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
hello folks,

four questions for your help -

Q9c whats the best way to handle CIT 0177? If you have lived outside Canada for more than 183 days but not served as Crown Servant. Should I mention No or should I say Yes and submit CIT 0177 with N/A mentioned on it?

Is it ok to submit two documents for proof of English? One is my Canadian Master Degree and second is IELTS result copy used for my PR application (although I do not have the original IELTS copy).

Q11. What have you been doing in the eligibility period? For my present job, do I need to mention 'Present' OR 2019-01 in To (YYYY-MM) column?

I fulfill my physical days requirement on Jan 17, can I submit my application on Jan 21 - sign the application on Jan 21 and courier the same day?

Thank you!

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
Hello folks,

Another question since I am in the process of completing my application...

In the physical presence calculator, I have 1 year and 11 months in my eligibility period - prior to landing in Canada as immigrant.

After landing and becoming PR, there is only one trip I made outside Canada.

But my question is how do I answer my time spent prior to landing in Canada?

I was living in my home country during the time before landing in Canada as PR (1 year and 11 months). I went on vacation to few countries (not more than 2 weeks each vacation) during the same time.

Do I need to mention my vacations as well in the time spent before landing in Canada as PR? Or do I need to just mention my home country residence (1 year and 11 months) in the form. I understand any time before becoming PR/landed immigrant is counted as ZERO. However, I need clarification how to fill the form.

Thank you!

mu2

Oct 9, 2018
Please update in January 2019 tracker.

App sent. 11Jan, 2019
App Delivered: 14 Jan, 2019
Application type: Single
Physical presence: 1098

vidyasagar

Jan 7, 2019
hello folks,

four questions for your help -

Q9c whats the best way to handle CIT 0177? If you have lived outside Canada for more than 183 days but not served as Crown Servant. Should I mention No or should I say Yes and submit CIT 0177 with N/A mentioned on it?

Is it ok to submit two documents for proof of English? One is my Canadian Master Degree and second is IELTS result copy used for my PR application (although I do not have the original IELTS copy).

Q11. What have you been doing in the eligibility period? For my present job, do I need to mention 'Present' OR 2019-01 in To (YYYY-MM) column?

I fulfill my physical days requirement on Jan 17, can I submit my application on Jan 21 - sign the application on Jan 21 and courier the same day?

Thank you!

for Q9.c, Since in the question it is not mentioned about Crown servant, I answered YES, and filled CIT 0177 form with N/A and wrote an explanation letter saying that "I am not claiming residency time spent outside Canada since I am not a Crown servant etc...."

I have included IELTS score copy, I did not include my master's certificate. Remember if you submit more than what is required, its a burden for officers to decide which document to check, it will make the processing slow. They clearly mentioned a copy of IELTS is OK. even if it is expired.

Q11. This confused me as well. since for the earlier question, the application automatically took "Present" as latest time. But for this it didnt.
I wrote "Present" for employment history as well.

After submitting the application I realised that, if we change our address, we must report it to the immigration officer and they will update it, but if we change our job we need not. So "Present" as the time frame for residence address is OK. but for employment its better you put current date. we dont know if we still work in the same company while they are processing the application few months later.

Yes you can, if you fulfill the time requirement.

Reactions: Ocean3113 and sdy

sdy

Jul 22, 2014
for Q9.c, Since in the question it is not mentioned about Crown servant, I answered YES, and filled CIT 0177 form with N/A and wrote an explanation letter saying that "I am not claiming residency time spent outside Canada since I am not a Crown servant etc...."

I have included IELTS score copy, I did not include my master's certificate. Remember if you submit more than what is required, its a burden for officers to decide which document to check, it will make the processing slow. They clearly mentioned a copy of IELTS is OK. even if it is expired.

Q11. This confused me as well. since for the earlier question, the application automatically took "Present" as latest time. But for this it didnt.
I wrote "Present" for employment history as well.

After submitting the application I realised that, if we change our address, we must report it to the immigration officer and they will update it, but if we change our job we need not. So "Present" as the time frame for residence address is OK. but for employment its better you put current date. we dont know if we still work in the same company while they are processing the application few months later.

Yes you can, if you fulfill the time requirement.
Thank you so much for such a great reply. Wish you all the best with our citizenship application!