Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Hi Wunmi! Hope you are well. Its great to hear that you are finally in Canada. Congrats! Which city did you land in?

I logged in here and I was pleased to see you all are still active. I am planning on moving to Mississauga at the end of this month. If any of you are in the area it would be great to reconnect. :)
Hi @mxg, welcome in advance :D
I live in Ottawa. Hopefully when the dust settles, we can all reconnect.
Stay safe!

Reactions: Spotted and mxg

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Hi @mxg, welcome in advance :D
Stay safe!
Ottawa is awesome. So is Mississauga @mxg . So awesome that you both made it in!!!

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
@WunmiofLagos
It’s so good to read that you are finally here....
I’m in Ontario too but in Hamilton, would have wanted to hang out.

I hope you are having a great time.
Thank you, Bibi! I’m having a swell time....I cannot even complain. Lol
I definitely will visit the GTA soon. Let me start preparing a list of people who will feed me when I come :D

• Haha
Reactions: nns14 and PrasadK

santab

Sep 15, 2018
wow, nice to see people still active on this thread here. I am finally quitting my comfortable life here in US and moving to Canada next week for a 'harder' life. But visa uncertainties will be finally behind me. Hoping for best!

BeebeeM

Sep 15, 2020
Hi , welcome in advance :D
Stay safe!
Hello, I've been following this forum for a while, (and your journey as well), congratulations on finally landing. Although, I haven't received my Pr yet (MAY 2019 AOR- the lovely AVO as well ), I have my heart set on Ottawa as well. How are you liking it? I would really like to hear a little about your experience if that's alright with you. Thank you.

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
Hello all,

Hope you all are doing well.
Just checking to see if anyone did a landing with approved COPR in this pandemic and how was their experience.
I am planning to cross the US-Canada border this October and move for good to Canada, and I have valid COPR.
Also, please let me know if we need medical insurance until 3 months or we get it immediately, especially in this pandemic?
Thank you so much!

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hello all,

Hope you all are doing well.
Just checking to see if anyone did a landing with approved COPR in this pandemic and how was their experience.
I am planning to cross the US-Canada border this October and move for good to Canada, and I have valid COPR.
Also, please let me know if we need medical insurance until 3 months or we get it immediately, especially in this pandemic?
Thank you so much!
hey scientistatwork, I did move from US to Canada about 15 days back. However I had done my soft landing back in January and had my PR card with me. This time I traveled by road and crossed the border in Detroit. I exported by car, so there was some paperwork I had to do at the border on US side and then on Canadian side.
After verifying my car docs and completing the formality, 2 public health workers took our (family) information. Where will be staying for 14 days of quarantine, what will be our contact number, who will provide groceries and so on. They very clearly and politely explained what are the dos and donts in this period. During the 14 day period, we got calls twice - each one of my family member (me, my wife and son) got called individually twice - to check where we are staying, if anyone has come in our contact etc. The follow up is very meticulous and thorough. I just finished my quarantine.

You can travel on valid COPR. Your experience will be similar - the only difference is that you will have some additional paperwork to do as you are landing for the first time. You will need to fill in goods to follow (if any goods will come later). Ensure that you mention your car in the list.

Best of luck

Reactions: Spotted

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
hey scientistatwork, I did move from US to Canada about 15 days back. However I had done my soft landing back in January and had my PR card with me. This time I traveled by road and crossed the border in Detroit. I exported by car, so there was some paperwork I had to do at the border on US side and then on Canadian side.
After verifying my car docs and completing the formality, 2 public health workers took our (family) information. Where will be staying for 14 days of quarantine, what will be our contact number, who will provide groceries and so on. They very clearly and politely explained what are the dos and donts in this period. During the 14 day period, we got calls twice - each one of my family member (me, my wife and son) got called individually twice - to check where we are staying, if anyone has come in our contact etc. The follow up is very meticulous and thorough. I just finished my quarantine.

You can travel on valid COPR. Your experience will be similar - the only difference is that you will have some additional paperwork to do as you are landing for the first time. You will need to fill in goods to follow (if any goods will come later). Ensure that you mention your car in the list.

Best of luck

Hello Santab,
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I do have a valid COPR but was worried if I can cross the US-Canada border as the land borders are closed until Oct 21 as per the news, at the same time I cannot let my COPR expire.
I have some more questions for you, I hope you can help:
1. Did you order your groceries to the place where you quarantined? If yes, can you share some good sources to order groceries?
Can we take groceries from Michigan and tell the officer this is for the quarantine period?
2. Did you get your OHIP card? what is the procedure for that?
Once again, Thank you for your time!
3. Which service is good to ship luggage to Canada?

Best Regards.

Last edited:

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hello Santab,
Thank you so much for your kind reply. I do have a valid COPR but was worried if I can cross the US-Canada border as the land borders are closed until Oct 21 as per the news, at the same time I cannot let my COPR expire.
I have some more questions for you, I hope you can help:
1. Did you order your groceries to the place where you quarantined? If yes, can you share some good sources to order groceries?
Can we take groceries from Michigan and tell the officer this is for the quarantine period?
2. Did you get your OHIP card? what is the procedure for that?
Once again, Thank you for your time!
3. Which service is good to ship luggage to Canada?

Best Regards.
As far as I know you can cross the border on CoPR. However I will suggest you call CBSA and get confirmation. We called CBSA twice and both times the experience was good. All our questions were answered patiently. If you are used to US immigration experience, expect the opposite (and a very pleasant experience).

1. One of my friend provided me groceries. He left it outside my hotel room. The hotel staff was cordial too. They also offered to buy groceries if we give them the list. I think Walmart is providing home delivery so is Lobelaw's. I think my wife had used instacart too. Also Ubereats, doordash etc. are good to order prepared food/meals.
2. You can carry groceries from Michigan. We were not asked or stopped by Canadian custom regarding food /grocery etc. I think you will be ok to carry it. If you are crossing border in your car, I dont think they will check your luggage/car
3. You can apply for OHIP on day1 as the 3-month condition is waived off for now. But you cant visit Service Ontario until your 14 day quarantine is over. There is a number provided on OHIP site that you can call after entering into Canada. I did not call so not sure what assistance they provide. I went to Service ontario today (20 days after landing) and got OHIP. Process is very straight forward. Read this https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card
4. My goods transfer is handled by my company so I didn't shop for it. You can use u-haul - that is cheapest. If you dont want to drive u-haul then try u-pack. When I was checking different moving companies, I felt u-pack had best and cheapest options. But I have no experience with it. So do your own research before you finalize

Reactions: scientistatwork

scientistatwork

Mar 29, 2019
Chicago
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
Jan 24 2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
As far as I know you can cross the border on CoPR. However I will suggest you call CBSA and get confirmation. We called CBSA twice and both times the experience was good. All our questions were answered patiently. If you are used to US immigration experience, expect the opposite (and a very pleasant experience).

1. One of my friend provided me groceries. He left it outside my hotel room. The hotel staff was cordial too. They also offered to buy groceries if we give them the list. I think Walmart is providing home delivery so is Lobelaw's. I think my wife had used instacart too. Also Ubereats, doordash etc. are good to order prepared food/meals.
2. You can carry groceries from Michigan. We were not asked or stopped by Canadian custom regarding food /grocery etc. I think you will be ok to carry it. If you are crossing border in your car, I dont think they will check your luggage/car
3. You can apply for OHIP on day1 as the 3-month condition is waived off for now. But you cant visit Service Ontario until your 14 day quarantine is over. There is a number provided on OHIP site that you can call after entering into Canada. I did not call so not sure what assistance they provide. I went to Service ontario today (20 days after landing) and got OHIP. Process is very straight forward. Read this https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card
4. My goods transfer is handled by my company so I didn't shop for it. You can use u-haul - that is cheapest. If you dont want to drive u-haul then try u-pack. When I was checking different moving companies, I felt u-pack had best and cheapest options. But I have no experience with it. So do your own research before you finalize
Hello again,

Thanks a ton for the reply! I called CBSA and as you said they were so helpful and said I can cross with my COPR and they will welcome me!
I will now get packing!
Take care. See you on the other side of the border.

Reactions: PrasadK

annguyen

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Do you have any reason why your biometrics would not be accepted? I'm AOR Feb 6 and Eligibility and Security is passed. Criminality is in progress because my fingerprints are poor, due to a skin condition.
@ bairn7
Hi, may I know if you need to provide biometrics again due to poor quality? I have the same problem with fingerprints that makes me so worried.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

akilot

Aug 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

I had submitted my application in Dec 2018. On Feb 2019, my gcms notes read medical passed; work experience & POF - review required.
Now today I got my 5th GCMS notes where finally there has been review from officer in June 2020 which says eligibility failed as the work experience does not match the NOC code, but still the application is not rejected. Can someone help in what can be done in this situation??
@legalfalcon your incites on this?

Reactions: Kwesila2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys,

I had submitted my application in Dec 2018. On Feb 2019, my gcms notes read medical passed; work experience & POF - review required.
Now today I got my 5th GCMS notes where finally there has been review from officer in June 2020 which says eligibility failed as the work experience does not match the NOC code, but still the application is not rejected. Can someone help in what can be done in this situation??
@legalfalcon your incites on this?
After the eligibility decision is made, it can take up to few weeks before a decision is made, also it will have to be determined if before making a decision a procedural fairness letter has to be issued.

You can revisit your documents and if you see that the NOC code is different, you can clarify or even request to revise your application with a new NOC, and at the discretion of the officer, it may be considered.

Reactions: akilot