Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
9 Jan 2019 - 9 Jan 2020: happy anniversary... one year of waiting :-(
And all i can do is continue waiting
all is passed, re-medical done
Wow! Have you called them since your re-med or emailed them?
I called yesterday, ''file still under review'' is what the agent said and before I could start venting or asking specific questions, she immediately said she had sent a reminder to the case analyst/officer in Ottawa.
I felt defeated as I really just wanted to vent. She stole my moment. Lol.
But seeing as she had already sent a reminder, all I could manage to say was ''Ok, thank you''.

maiteemk

Jul 15, 2019
I called yesterday, ''file still under review'' is what the agent said and before I could start venting or asking specific questions, she immediately said she had sent a reminder to the case analyst/officer in Ottawa.
But seeing as she had already sent a reminder, all I could manage to say was ''Ok, thank you''.
I haven't called. I decided to stop calling, I'll just wait...

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Hello,
Question for those who have received CoPR. I received my passport and the date on visa is of October 2020. I am planning to make a soft landing for October 2020. But is there any other step in this process that I am missing? Do I need to inform anyone or set up any interview/appointment or is the next step only to plan for the soft landing in Canada. Could it be at any port of entry or does it have to be in the preferred city I mentioned in my application?
TIA
Things to note are:

1. Especially if you went through PNP, but also to some extent FSW, they ask you about the province you indicated that you wanted to settle in, and ask why you are not going there. For PNP, it can be misrepresentation not to stay where you were nominated for 2 years, and PR can be disqualified. So, prepare well - remember where you indicated you would be going, and have an explanation for why you are not landing there initially
2. PR card takes time to be mailed to you, and does not mail internationally. They will ask you about a permanent address and will not agree to send it to a friend. Your option here is to lie and say you are staying permanently at the address of your friend (I do not recommend lying to them), or to leave without receiving the card. If you leave without it, you have to apply for a PRTD document to get back into Canada by air - no airline will carry you without a PR card or a PRTD. You'll be able to enter Canada by road though, with the COPR.

Good luck.

Spotted

Reactions: mxg

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
@legalfalcon @Immigration_guru Hello legal falcon, immigration guru and other mates in forum, I need some information, I got PR as single, will be landing next year, so after how much time of getting PR, I can get married and sponsor my new wife, do I need to have a job to sponsor her, I need to do some planning for my future, thank u in advance
You can get married 1 hr after becoming a PR.

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
9 Jan 2019 - 9 Jan 2020: happy anniversary... one year of waiting :-(
And all i can do is continue waiting
all is passed, re-medical done
These dates scare me. And its more frustrating when you have passed everything and you still have to wait months. I hope you do not have to wait much longer and you can share your PPR news in the forum soon. :)

Reactions: maiteemk

Sarzy

Jan 5, 2019
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Happy New year wunmi...I have been checking this platform for you and others PPR..hoping you get positive update this month.What app did you use in calling?
I called CBSA on regular mobile and was transferred to IRCC.

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Do I need to have a job to sponsor my spouse ? Any minimum salary requirement ?
You'll need to sponsor your spouse, they will not enter Canada without going through the process and getting verified. I dont know what is required for this, you'll need to do some research

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
I called CBSA on regular mobile and was transferred to IRCC.
Ouch. Sorry @WunmiofLagos that sounds expensive. Have you tried Skype credits? Set your country to Canada and see if it works? It worked for me last year

Reactions: WunmiofLagos