>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Sarzy

Jan 5, 2019
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Glory to God for his Goodness and Mercy.
My timeline...
ITA - Nov 28th 2018
AOR - January 5th 2019
MEP and Biometric request - February 14th 2019
1st update- July 19th 2019
Called IRCC to 20th July 2019 ,was told spouse had RR for work experience, this was due to a mistake in the reference letter
- called IRCC and raised cse severally.

Long silence......
2nd update- October 24th 2019
Remedical request - October 25th 2019
Remedical done- October 30th 2019
Remedical Passed- 3rd November 2019
ADR form IMM5406e - 29th Nov 2019
ADR uploaded - 31st Nov 2019
3rd updates (ADR review) - 7th Nov 2019
4th update- 8th Nov 2019(2:00am)
PPR - 8th November 2019(11:14pm)

Thank everyone for the courage and encouragement.

Piyushagr21

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney & CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-03-2019
My timeline...
ITA - Nov 28th 2018
AOR - January 5th 2019
Called IRCC to 20th July 2019 ,was told spouse had RR for work experience, this was due to a mistake in the reference letter

Long silence......

Congratulations...what's your VO?

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Quick follow up: I did NOT receive the PPR from the standard DoNotReply email address which usually seems to go to spam.. Although, I had whitelisted the address that I DID receive the email from... please read below

Exclusively for Sydney VO applications:

I noticed something interesting. I think most people receive their PPR from a DoNotReply email address, correct? I received it directly from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca -- the same address that people email with questions about their applications, clearly NOT a DoNotReply address. Also, the timing was unusual - I received the PPR at 5:38PM IST / 8:08AM Sydney NS time - most people here have received it at midnight which would be their closing hours.

This leads me to believe that Sydney manually processed my PPR and then sent it out, unlike the system generated emails which arrive at the end of their day..

I was in direct email communication with CIO Sydney (same email address) in the days leading up to the PPR. My last email to them was 3 days before the PPR, asking if there's anything they needed from me to continue processing the application - essentially I was prodding them to proceed but without being too imposing about it. And this is only because everything in my application was already passed since over 15 days. I wouldn't have emailed them before that, or I'd just get standard replies.

As originally suggested by @Mom of 2 boys I would advise anyone in this stage, when everything has passed or application has been approved, but are yet to receive the PPR, please do contact them on that email. It seems they are indeed very helpful :)
i received the golden email from the same email id, but dont think that u have to email them for status, calling will suffice ,also u may be correct that they are sending it manually as i received the email at about 11.45 am EST. Most people receive golden email in off hours of Canada as its a automated batch running and the batch runs on weekend too.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
My timeline...
ITA - Nov 28th 2018
AOR - January 5th 2019

Long silence......

Congratulations! Hopefully next week wraps up everyone that's left from January, or at least mostly everyone :)

i received the golden email from the same email id, but dont think that u have to email them for status, calling will suffice ,also u may be correct that they are sending it manually as i received the email at about 11.45 am EST. Most people receive golden email in off hours of Canada as its a automated batch running and the batch runs on weekend too.
Yeah agreed. We're not part of the batch processing if it doesn't arrive from the DoNotReply address..

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
I'm drinking a REALLY strong glass of scotch right now.. I've done that a lot in the last few difficult months but today, for the first time in a long time, it is with the intent to celebrate! PPR has arrived!

This journey really started for me about a year and a half ago, when the realization hit that I won't be getting my H1B visa to continue my residency in the US. After 5 years of glory, it finally dawned on me that it was time to depart. I was doing extremely well out there: had a dream job, a sweet sports car, the best coworkers and friends that I will keep for a lifetime! My friends couldn't comprehend that I have to leave, yet the wheels were already in motion. And so began this journey of a thousand steps.

I sold everything that I owned and treasured, and within just two weeks from my AOR date, I exited the US. And all this happened in the course of a powerful spiritual awakening at the time! I was literally the monk who sold his own beemer. From February, when I left the US until a couple months ago, I stayed with my parents in Bahrain and decided to doubly respect the time I have before the PPR arrived, so I got busy getting myself in shape. I was fat. In the last one year, I lost net 23 kg (50 lbs) and yet gained a lot of muscle. Now I'm in the best shape of my life!

Around a couple months ago, through the whole 'eligibility not met' nightmare, uncertainty was sky high and it seemed increasingly likely that Canada may never happen for me. So I decided to move back to India and look for a job. Subconsciously though, I was just stalling for Canada, while gaining some interviewing experience. The place that I moved to, unbeknownst to me, turned out to be absolutely hellish. I'd rather not go into all the nasty details, but I was faced with some trials and troubles that made me feel like I am at rock bottom. I had basically given up, and even here, I found contentment. When my health had begun to be affected, I decided three days ago that I need to, at the very least, move to a more developed part of town. I moved here two days ago under the notion of "God only helps those who help themselves". And perhaps he decided to help today.

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR
02 Apr 2019 - Biometrics enrollment
05 Jun 2019 - Medicals passed
08 Jul 2019 - First email to MP Ralph Goodale, found out 'eligibility not met'
11 Jul 2019 - Ordered first GCMS notes
13 Jul 2019 - Web meeting with a Canadian lawyer - advised me to withdraw and reapply (very happy I rejected that advice)
24 Jul 2019 - Received response for submission of updated reference letters (I assumed that was the issue with eligibility, since GCMS notes hadn't yet arrived) - 'application in queue for review by an officer'
22 Aug 2019 - Emailed Ahmed Hussen
03 Sep 2019 - Response from Ahmed Hussen - "NOC code will be changed" (this was the issue with eligibility - wrong primary NOC code)
18 Oct 2019 - Everything passed
24 Oct 2019 - Noticed ghost update for the same
08 Nov 2019 - PPR (285 days - exactly 9.5 months)

Throughout the process, I ordered multiple GCMS notes, about 1-1.5 months apart. Since receiving my first set, I sent multiple webforms to get them to update the NOC code and also called IRCC multiple times. Towards the end, I emailed CIO Sydney to prompt them to look into my application. Looks like something definitely worked!

This cathartic feeling of receiving the golden email is new, just as the experience is new. It is a perfectly blended cocktail of satisfaction, relief and joy! I hope and pray that each and every one of you still waiting, get to experience what I'm talking about - and very soon! Cannot believe I'm on this side of the fence! I would never have come this far without this forum and all the wonderful members here -- far too many to name! I think I will be on these forums for the foreseeable future and help as many as I can :) Good luck and Godspeed!
Omg!!! Finally!! Congratulations!!! What a feeling right? All the best for what's to come

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I'm drinking a REALLY strong glass of scotch right now.. I've done that a lot in the last few difficult months but today, for the first time in a long time, it is with the intent to celebrate! PPR has arrived!

This journey really started for me about a year and a half ago, when the realization hit that I won't be getting my H1B visa to continue my residency in the US. After 5 years of glory, it finally dawned on me that it was time to depart. I was doing extremely well out there: had a dream job, a sweet sports car, the best coworkers and friends that I will keep for a lifetime! My friends couldn't comprehend that I have to leave, yet the wheels were already in motion. And so began this journey of a thousand steps.

I sold everything that I owned and treasured, and within just two weeks from my AOR date, I exited the US. And all this happened in the course of a powerful spiritual awakening at the time! I was literally the monk who sold his own beemer. From February, when I left the US until a couple months ago, I stayed with my parents in Bahrain and decided to doubly respect the time I have before the PPR arrived, so I got busy getting myself in shape. I was fat. In the last one year, I lost net 23 kg (50 lbs) and yet gained a lot of muscle. Now I'm in the best shape of my life!

Around a couple months ago, through the whole 'eligibility not met' nightmare, uncertainty was sky high and it seemed increasingly likely that Canada may never happen for me. So I decided to move back to India and look for a job. Subconsciously though, I was just stalling for Canada, while gaining some interviewing experience. The place that I moved to, unbeknownst to me, turned out to be absolutely hellish. I'd rather not go into all the nasty details, but I was faced with some trials and troubles that made me feel like I am at rock bottom. I had basically given up, and even here, I found contentment. When my health had begun to be affected, I decided three days ago that I need to, at the very least, move to a more developed part of town. I moved here two days ago under the notion of "God only helps those who help themselves". And perhaps he decided to help today.

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR
02 Apr 2019 - Biometrics enrollment
05 Jun 2019 - Medicals passed
08 Jul 2019 - First email to MP Ralph Goodale, found out 'eligibility not met'
11 Jul 2019 - Ordered first GCMS notes
13 Jul 2019 - Web meeting with a Canadian lawyer - advised me to withdraw and reapply (very happy I rejected that advice)
24 Jul 2019 - Received response for submission of updated reference letters (I assumed that was the issue with eligibility, since GCMS notes hadn't yet arrived) - 'application in queue for review by an officer'
22 Aug 2019 - Emailed Ahmed Hussen
03 Sep 2019 - Response from Ahmed Hussen - "NOC code will be changed" (this was the issue with eligibility - wrong primary NOC code)
18 Oct 2019 - Everything passed
24 Oct 2019 - Noticed ghost update for the same
08 Nov 2019 - PPR (285 days - exactly 9.5 months)

Throughout the process, I ordered multiple GCMS notes, about 1-1.5 months apart. Since receiving my first set, I sent multiple webforms to get them to update the NOC code and also called IRCC multiple times. Towards the end, I emailed CIO Sydney to prompt them to look into my application. Looks like something definitely worked!

This cathartic feeling of receiving the golden email is new, just as the experience is new. It is a perfectly blended cocktail of satisfaction, relief and joy! I hope and pray that each and every one of you still waiting, get to experience what I'm talking about - and very soon! Cannot believe I'm on this side of the fence! I would never have come this far without this forum and all the wonderful members here -- far too many to name! I think I will be on these forums for the foreseeable future and help as many as I can :) Good luck and Godspeed!
Congratulations.....

Reactions: PrasadK

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Congratulations brotherman!

Your journey has been one hell of a ride and I am glad you made it in the end!

I wish you all the best for the future here in Canada!

If get a chance please do pray for us the ones who are waiting.

I called CIC today and got connected to an amazing gentleman named Frank who agreed to send a reminder to the officer hope that works.

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Visa Office : Montreal
Category : CEC Inland
Eligibility: In progress since 12th Sept, 2019
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not started
Hope you get it sooner...seems they are finally realising the system is not picking cases due to be finished

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thank you :)

Quick follow up: I did NOT receive the PPR from the standard DoNotReply email address which usually seems to go to spam.. Although, I had whitelisted the address that I DID receive the email from... please read below

I noticed something interesting. I think most people receive their PPR from a DoNotReply email address, correct? I received it directly from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca -- the same address that people email with questions about their applications, clearly NOT a DoNotReply address. Also, the timing was unusual - I received the PPR at 5:38PM IST / 8:08AM Sydney NS time - most people here have received it at midnight which would be their closing hours.

This leads me to believe that Sydney manually processed my PPR and then sent it out, unlike the system generated emails which arrive at the end of their day..

I was in direct email communication with CIO Sydney (same email address) in the days leading up to the PPR. My last email to them was 3 days before the PPR, asking if there's anything they needed from me to continue processing the application - essentially I was prodding them to proceed but without being too imposing about it. And this is only because everything in my application was already passed since over 15 days. I wouldn't have emailed them before that, or I'd just get standard replies.

As originally suggested by @Mom of 2 boys I would advise anyone in this stage, when everything has passed or application has been approved, but are yet to receive the PPR, please do contact them on that email. It seems they are indeed very helpful :)
I totally believe that same about PPR arrival timing. Both Ottawa and Sydney (most EE are processed there) go about it differently. They use the same GCMS system thats for sure but it may be a different setup or they could be triggering the PPR differently. Nonetheless, both offices had been very active last two working days of last week which is good news for everyone.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Guys, we're about to break in to a new week, full of new hope. I got my PPR already but I feel more at home with the feeling of waiting than the feeling of the wait being over. I guess I just still cannot believe it, so instead I'll be waiting with the rest of you in spirit :) I hope IRCC showers the remaining folk with PPR rain like it did last week !!

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Guys, we're about to break in to a new week, full of new hope. I got my PPR already but I feel more at home with the feeling of waiting than the feeling of the wait being over. I guess I just still cannot believe it, so instead I'll be waiting with the rest of you in spirit :) I hope IRCC showers the remaining folk with PPR rain like it did last week !!

Thanks for the positive words
Congratulations and best of luck for the new journey

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Thank you :)

Thanks for the Info and staying on this group dude :):):) !!!

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019

Thank you for the kind words, Prasad!
I'm starting to think i may have offended IRCC because i can't seem to understand why i haven't at least gotten my GCMS notes. I ordered 2 separate notes 80days (August) and 60days (September) ago and i haven't received them.
I have no idea why my file is stuck, no ADRs, PFLs, Re-med, Ghost....nothing!
Tomorrow makes it 300days post AOR!

Reactions: nns14 and PrasadK

AKINYEMZY

Oct 10, 2019
LAGOS NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-2019
AOR Received.
10-01-2019
Thank you for the kind words, Prasad!
I'm starting to think i may have offended IRCC because i can't seem to understand why i haven't at least gotten my GCMS notes. I ordered 2 separate notes 80days (August) and 60days (September) ago and i haven't received them.
I have no idea why my file is stuck, no ADRs, PFLs, Re-med, Ghost....nothing!
Tomorrow makes it 300days post AOR!
Wunmi,

Believe me you are not alone. I still prayed for you today.
Few days to go.

PPR Straight up.

Congrats in addy.:)