+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I'm drinking a REALLY strong glass of scotch right now.. I've done that a lot in the last few difficult months but today, for the first time in a long time, it is with the intent to celebrate! PPR has arrived!

This journey really started for me about a year and a half ago, when the realization hit that I won't be getting my H1B visa to continue my residency in the US. After 5 years of glory, it finally dawned on me that it was time to depart. I was doing extremely well out there: had a dream job, a sweet sports car, the best coworkers and friends that I will keep for a lifetime! My friends couldn't comprehend that I have to leave, yet the wheels were already in motion. And so began this journey of a thousand steps.

I sold everything that I owned and treasured, and within just two weeks from my AOR date, I exited the US. And all this happened in the course of a powerful spiritual awakening at the time! I was literally the monk who sold his own beemer. From February, when I left the US until a couple months ago, I stayed with my parents in Bahrain and decided to doubly respect the time I have before the PPR arrived, so I got busy getting myself in shape. I was fat. In the last one year, I lost net 23 kg (50 lbs) and yet gained a lot of muscle. Now I'm in the best shape of my life!

Around a couple months ago, through the whole 'eligibility not met' nightmare, uncertainty was sky high and it seemed increasingly likely that Canada may never happen for me. So I decided to move back to India and look for a job. Subconsciously though, I was just stalling for Canada, while gaining some interviewing experience. The place that I moved to, unbeknownst to me, turned out to be absolutely hellish. I'd rather not go into all the nasty details, but I was faced with some trials and troubles that made me feel like I am at rock bottom. I had basically given up, and even here, I found contentment. When my health had begun to be affected, I decided three days ago that I need to, at the very least, move to a more developed part of town. I moved here two days ago under the notion of "God only helps those who help themselves". And perhaps he decided to help today.

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR
02 Apr 2019 - Biometrics enrollment
05 Jun 2019 - Medicals passed
08 Jul 2019 - First email to MP Ralph Goodale, found out 'eligibility not met'
11 Jul 2019 - Ordered first GCMS notes
13 Jul 2019 - Web meeting with a Canadian lawyer - advised me to withdraw and reapply (very happy I rejected that advice)
24 Jul 2019 - Received response for submission of updated reference letters (I assumed that was the issue with eligibility, since GCMS notes hadn't yet arrived) - 'application in queue for review by an officer'
22 Aug 2019 - Emailed Ahmed Hussen
03 Sep 2019 - Response from Ahmed Hussen - "NOC code will be changed" (this was the issue with eligibility - wrong primary NOC code)
18 Oct 2019 - Everything passed
24 Oct 2019 - Noticed ghost update for the same
08 Nov 2019 - PPR (285 days - exactly 9.5 months)

Throughout the process, I ordered multiple GCMS notes, about 1-1.5 months apart. Since receiving my first set, I sent multiple webforms to get them to update the NOC code and also called IRCC multiple times. Towards the end, I emailed CIO Sydney to prompt them to look into my application. Looks like something definitely worked!

This cathartic feeling of receiving the golden email is new, just as the experience is new. It is a perfectly blended cocktail of satisfaction, relief and joy! I hope and pray that each and every one of you still waiting, get to experience what I'm talking about - and very soon! Cannot believe I'm on this side of the fence! I would never have come this far without this forum and all the wonderful members here -- far too many to name! I think I will be on these forums for the foreseeable future and help as many as I can :) Good luck and Godspeed!
congrats but few questions, i believe u r single, why didnt u think of doing masters or PHD in US. That way u could have extended your stay. i assume you have lots of money :). This is based on my colleagues who did the same , extended their stay with US coursers and more to add many are infact moving to US after doing PHD in canada after PR as canada is not that rosy on Job Market but US has lots of options with good money. Anyway good luck

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Congrats Prasad! Finally :)
Thank you :)

congrats but few questions, i believe u r single, why didnt u think of doing masters or PHD in US. That way u could have extended your stay. i assume you have lots of money :). This is based on my colleagues who did the same , extended their stay with US coursers and more to add many are infact moving to US after doing PHD in canada after PR as canada is not that rosy on Job Market but US has lots of options with good money. Anyway good luck
I already have my Masters from the US and I wasn't interested in PhD. :) And no other visa beats the mental comfort and career mobility of a PR ! In the future, as a Canadian PR or citizen, I may reconsider moving to the US..

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019

I already have my Masters from the US and I wasn't interested in PhD. :) And no other visa beats the mental comfort and career mobility of a PR ! In the future, as a Canadian PR or citizen, I may reconsider moving to the US..
So true. This is the exact same reason I opted out.

Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Hi all

Finally PPR for me. AOR Jan 19.
Recently I got 2 ghost updates and my medical was extended to Oct 17, 2020.
My VO was CIO Sydney And my application is had a review required and it has been stuck since March.
So glad this part is over and I hope all of you will get PPR soon.
Finally PPR!!!! Still can't believe it.. The wait was indeed torturous..
AOR: 6th Jan
VO: Ottawa
ADR: Proof of funds
Remedical Request: 30th Oct
The feeling is absolutely amazing. All the best to everyone who is waiting for the golden email. Trust me the wait is about to end!!
I got ready for visa mail today my timlines are
Aor 15 jan
Medical passed in march
After long silence got adr 17 oct
Document updated 22 oct
7 nov ppr
HEY GUYs.

Have got Goodnews.

READY FOR VISA mail is here.:D:D:D

AOR--JAN 10
BIOMETRI--FEB 26

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong silence.

NO GU/ADR.
Loads of calls to IRCC, raised Dozen of CSE, Mailed RAPH, mailed ERIN
Requested GCMS -August 30, received Sept 30.

CRIMINALITY PASSED
ELIGIBILITY- RECOMMENDED PASSED.(POF-RR)
SECURITY- NOT STARTED.

Wait continues.........................

REMED-OCT 15 (birthday gift)
2 GU (Nov 1 & Nov 5)
MEDICAL PASSED(Nov 7)
PPR (NOV 7).:):):)

About 10 months of suspense ends here.

Thank you for helping with the burden thus far.
WATCH OUT.
Got PPR today too! Nov 7, 10:49 AM Manila time.
I received my ready for visa email today!
2 days after my medical gets extended and 21 days after a ghost update.

My timeline:
Aor Jan 29
Bio Mar 18
Ordered GCMS notes July 25
Received it Aug 31
Realized they have some question so I submitted additional documents (instead of waiting) Sept 3
Ghost update Oct 18
Called IRCC and confirmed everything is good just waiting for the final approval Oct 19
Medical extended Nov 6
Ready for
I got it as well this morning. PPR!!! - Jan 26, Sydney.
Its PPR as well for me today! Been a silent reader for a long time.

FSW Outland applying from USA
ITA 19 Dec 2018
AOR 9 Jan 2019
Visa office Ottawa
Med pass 18 Feb 2019
Biometrics 12 Mar 2019
Procedural Fairness 4 Oct 2019 regarding my NOC but my lawyer took care of it.
Ghost update 9 Oct 2019
PPR 8 Nov 2019

Such a relief.
I cannot believe my eyes... This must be a dream.... Thank you Lord Jesus.. It's PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We update my timeline later in the day..I can't sleep... What a relief
Congratulations you guys !! :D Looks like they're really wrapping up Jan AOR applications double time!! It should be a very short wait for those that remain :)

Jeilin

Aug 22, 2019
Hello everyone!!!!

Finally we got PPR!!!! I can't believe the wait is finally over! Special thanks to everyone in the group who had been such a real encouragement in times of doubt. Oh my I can finally breathe!
  • AOR Jan 10
  • Med passed/biometrics Feb 19
  • Biometric completed March 6
  • Long silence
  • Sent job duties through webform May 22nd (as I discovered i mistakenly submitted ref letters without job duties)
  • Ordered gcms notes June 14 (received notes July 30th)
  • Emailed Ralph July 15 (criminality passed, eligibility and security not started)
  • Called CIC agent some days later. Agent confirmed what Ralph said and told me to expect a reply before September 6th.
  • RPRF paid proactively July 23rd before request
  • RPRF request July 25th
  • More silence
  • Sent updated POF through webform on September 18th
  • Sent email to Erin September 23rd (eligibilty in progress, security not started, criminality and medical passed)
  • Sent schedule A with LOE through webform on September 25th (to correct statutory question as I had been denied NZ student visa previously but mistakenly ticked 'NO')
  • Ordered gcms notes again October 1st (Never received notes)
  • Emailed Ralph again October 16th (eligibility recommended pass, criminality passed, security not started)
  • Ghost update November 1st (eligibility passed)
  • Ghost update November 6th (Security passed, medical extended internally)
  • Ghost update November 8th (Medical passed again, did not get remed request)
  • PPR November 9th
Thank you all! This has been a really long and stressful journey. I wish everyone remaining a speedy approval!

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Hello everyone!!!!

Finally we got PPR!!!! I can't believe the wait is finally over! Special thanks to everyone in the group who had been such a real encouragement in times of doubt. Oh my I can finally breathe!
  • AOR Jan 10
  • Med passed/biometrics Feb 19
  • Biometric completed March 6
  • Long silence
  • Sent job duties through webform May 22nd (as I discovered i mistakenly submitted ref letters without job duties)
  • Ordered gcms notes June 14 (received notes July 30th)
  • Emailed Ralph July 15 (criminality passed, eligibility and security not started)
  • Called CIC agent some days later. Agent confirmed what Ralph said and told me to expect a reply before September 6th.
  • RPRF paid proactively July 23rd before request
  • RPRF request July 25th
  • More silence
  • Sent updated POF through webform on September 18th
  • Sent email to Erin September 23rd (eligibilty in progress, security not started, criminality and medical passed)
  • Sent schedule A with LOE through webform on September 25th (to correct statutory question as I had been denied NZ student visa previously but mistakenly ticked 'NO')
  • Ordered gcms notes again October 1st (Never received notes)
  • Emailed Ralph again October 16th (eligibility recommended pass, criminality passed, security not started)
  • Ghost update November 1st (eligibility passed)
  • Ghost update November 6th (Security passed, medical extended internally)
  • Ghost update November 8th (Medical passed again, did not get remed request)
  • PPR November 9th
Thank you all! This has been a really long and stressful journey. I wish everyone remaining a speedy approval!
Congrats! I pray this thread becomes a barren wasteland in no time, and that no one remains without PPR for long! :D Good vibes all around!!

Last edited:

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
I'm drinking a REALLY strong glass of scotch right now.. I've done that a lot in the last few difficult months but today, for the first time in a long time, it is with the intent to celebrate! PPR has arrived!

This journey really started for me about a year and a half ago, when the realization hit that I won't be getting my H1B visa to continue my residency in the US. After 5 years of glory, it finally dawned on me that it was time to depart. I was doing extremely well out there: had a dream job, a sweet sports car, the best coworkers and friends that I will keep for a lifetime! My friends couldn't comprehend that I have to leave, yet the wheels were already in motion. And so began this journey of a thousand steps.

I sold everything that I owned and treasured, and within just two weeks from my AOR date, I exited the US. And all this happened in the course of a powerful spiritual awakening at the time! I was literally the monk who sold his own beemer. From February, when I left the US until a couple months ago, I stayed with my parents in Bahrain and decided to doubly respect the time I have before the PPR arrived, so I got busy getting myself in shape. I was fat. In the last one year, I lost net 23 kg (50 lbs) and yet gained a lot of muscle. Now I'm in the best shape of my life!

Around a couple months ago, through the whole 'eligibility not met' nightmare, uncertainty was sky high and it seemed increasingly likely that Canada may never happen for me. So I decided to move back to India and look for a job. Subconsciously though, I was just stalling for Canada, while gaining some interviewing experience. The place that I moved to, unbeknownst to me, turned out to be absolutely hellish. I'd rather not go into all the nasty details, but I was faced with some trials and troubles that made me feel like I am at rock bottom. I had basically given up, and even here, I found contentment. When my health had begun to be affected, I decided three days ago that I need to, at the very least, move to a more developed part of town. I moved here two days ago under the notion of "God only helps those who help themselves". And perhaps he decided to help today.

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR
13 Jul 2019 - Web meeting with a Canadian lawyer - advised me to withdraw and reapply (very happy I rejected that advice)
24 Jul 2019 - Received response for submission of updated reference letters (I assumed that was the issue with eligibility, since GCMS notes hadn't yet arrived) - 'application in queue for review by an officer'
03 Sep 2019 - Response from Ahmed Hussen - "NOC code will be changed" (this was the issue with eligibility - wrong primary NOC code)

Throughout the process, I ordered multiple GCMS notes, about 1-1.5 months apart. Since receiving my first set, I sent multiple webforms to get them to update the NOC code and also called IRCC multiple times. Towards the end, I emailed CIO Sydney to prompt them to look into my application. Looks like something definitely worked!

This cathartic feeling of receiving the golden email is new, just as the experience is new. It is a perfectly blended cocktail of satisfaction, relief and joy! I hope and pray that each and every one of you still waiting, get to experience what I'm talking about - and very soon! Cannot believe I'm on this side of the fence! I would never have come this far without this forum and all the wonderful members here -- far too many to name! I think I will be on these forums for the foreseeable future and help as many as I can :) Good luck and Godspeed!
Congratulations brotherman!

Your journey has been one hell of a ride and I am glad you made it in the end!

I wish you all the best for the future here in Canada!

If get a chance please do pray for us the ones who are waiting.

I called CIC today and got connected to an amazing gentleman named Frank who agreed to send a reminder to the officer hope that works.

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Visa Office : Montreal
Category : CEC Inland
Eligibility: In progress since 12th Sept, 2019
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not started

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Congratulations brotherman!

Your journey has been one hell of a ride and I am glad you made it in the end!

I wish you all the best for the future here in Canada!

If get a chance please do pray for us the ones who are waiting.

I called CIC today and got connected to an amazing gentleman named Frank who agreed to send a reminder to the officer hope that works.

Visa Office : Montreal
Eligibility: In progress since 12th Sept, 2019
Thank you :) And it won't be much longer for you, I'm sure! :)

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR

CHEERS, BUDDY!! Congratulations!!!

Reactions: PrasadK

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
My soft landing experience

hello guys - today I’ll be sharing with you my soft landing experience (AOR March 2019, PPR email 02 October)

As I am still working in India and have a well settled job here, I was not sure about quitting my job so soon and moving to Canada. Hence I decided to do soft landing and subsequently move to Canada around April-May 2020 (obviously in better weather conditions).

I booked an Air Canada ticket which was a direct flight from Mum-Toronto and return.At the Mumbai airport’ immigration, I was asked the purpose of my visit to Canada to which I said that I’ve received a PR and am going for my formalities. The officer then asked me to produce my PR card but I told him that as I am going there for the first time I do not have a PR card and instead showed him the COPR documents. He verified the docs post which he stamped my passport and I was good to go.

I landed in Toronto at 7 in the morning after a tiring journey of 16 hours! In the flight itself I was given an immigration form in which I had to fill my details like name, passport no. , purpose of visit etc.

After getting off the flight I headed towards the immigration along with other travellers. However when I told an officer there that I am landing for my PR, I was sent to another queue.

Here a lady officer checked my immigration form (which I had already filled in the flight) and the COPR document and asked if I was carrying any cash and milk products. I told the officer the amount of cash I had on me and that I’m carrying butter and milk powder as well. The officer made some notes on the immigration form regarding the cash and milk products I’m carrying.

From here I was sent to another immigration officer (sweet young man). This officer asked for my immigration form, passport and COPR (two copies). Here I was asked the following three questions:
1. If you’ve been convicted of any crime in any country?
2. Ever refused admission to enter or leave Canada?
3. Do you have any dependents which are not listed in your application?

I answered NO to all the above questions. The officer then retained one copy of my COPR and on the other COPR copy he asked me to sign at two places. Then he stamped the COPR copy saying that I became a permanent resident of Canada on XYZ date.
After this the officer asked me how much money in cash I have with me to which I told him I have XX amount of cash. He then asked me where I was staying and if there is any particular address where I would like the PR card to be delivered. I told the officer that I’ll be staying at my friends place and would like the PR card to be mailed there. He didn’t ask me any further questions and handed over the immigration form, passport and COPR copy to me and told me that the COPR copy “is a very important document” and I should keep it safe with me even after I become a citizen.

I was then directed towards a counter where SIN for new comers were generated. At this counter the officer asked me to fill a form meanwhile he checked my immigration form, COPR copy, passport and boarding pass. I handed over the filled form to him and within 2 mins he generated my SIN and handed over the SIN document to me.

I was then asked to proceed towards the customs section. Here the officer again asked for my immigration form, passport and COPR. He read the remark made on the immigration form that I was carrying mill products. He then asked me to open my bags and checked the food items I was carrying. He took butter and milk powder from my bag and threw it in the dustbin. . Then I was asked if there were any goods I am carrying to which I told the officer that my goods will come at a later date. The officer asked me to fill a “Goods to Follow” form where I was asked to detail any and everything that I intend to bring into Canada at a later date. I listed products worth approximately $2,500. The customer officer then directed me to a “cashier counter” where I was given document (which looked more like a receipt implying that I can bring in goods with $2,500 and no custom duty would’ve levied on it). After this I again headed to the customer officer and he handed me my passport, COPR copy and a copy of the Goods to Follow list.

This was the last step at the airport and I was told I can exit the airport and need to visit Service Ontario to apply for my health card.

Hope you found this write up informative and I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

#SoftLanding #CanadaPR #ExpressEntry
Thanks for liking the post @milin4ever @Bee_kayy @capricorn7 @DeeJayVee @khushboosharma

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Gauri,

I have 1 question but no one has answer for that.

When will I get PPR? Lol

I have raised a web enquiry on 29th Oct, 2019 and applied for GCMS on 1st Oct, 2019 as I feel that might triger and officer looks at the file.

I have entered in my 10th month now and its insane.

Please pray for all of us who are waiting.

Hope this new week brings PPR for one and all!

Eligibility: In que for review by an officer since 24th Sept, 2019
Hey Prasad sorry for the delay in response. Well sadly I do not have an answer to your question regarding when you’ll get your PR . Keep your fingers crossed and hope for it to come soon. What does your GCMS notes say? Are there any remarks in it which might have delayed the PR?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
CHEERS, BUDDY!! Congratulations!!!

Man oh man!!! One hell of a ride. My heartiest congratulations to you :):):). Btw, Did you find the email in spam folder?
Thank you :) I whitelisted the email address so I doubt it could have reached my spam..
Quick follow up: I did NOT receive the PPR from the standard DoNotReply email address which usually seems to go to spam.. Although, I had whitelisted the address that I DID receive the email from... please read below

Exclusively for Sydney VO applications:

I noticed something interesting. I think most people receive their PPR from a DoNotReply email address, correct? I received it directly from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca -- the same address that people email with questions about their applications, clearly NOT a DoNotReply address. Also, the timing was unusual - I received the PPR at 5:38PM IST / 8:08AM Sydney NS time - most people here have received it at midnight which would be their closing hours.

This leads me to believe that Sydney manually processed my PPR and then sent it out, unlike the system generated emails which arrive at the end of their day..

I was in direct email communication with CIO Sydney (same email address) in the days leading up to the PPR. My last email to them was 3 days before the PPR, asking if there's anything they needed from me to continue processing the application - essentially I was prodding them to proceed but without being too imposing about it. And this is only because everything in my application was already passed since over 15 days. I wouldn't have emailed them before that, or I'd just get standard replies.

As originally suggested by @Mom of 2 boys I would advise anyone in this stage, when everything has passed or application has been approved, but are yet to receive the PPR, please do contact them on that email. It seems they are indeed very helpful :)

Last edited: