AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
I'm drinking a REALLY strong glass of scotch right now.. I've done that a lot in the last few difficult months but today, for the first time in a long time, it is with the intent to celebrate! PPR has arrived!

This journey really started for me about a year and a half ago, when the realization hit that I won't be getting my H1B visa to continue my residency in the US. After 5 years of glory, it finally dawned on me that it was time to depart. I was doing extremely well out there: had a dream job, a sweet sports car, the best coworkers and friends that I will keep for a lifetime! My friends couldn't comprehend that I have to leave, yet the wheels were already in motion. And so began this journey of a thousand steps.

I sold everything that I owned and treasured, and within just two weeks from my AOR date, I exited the US. And all this happened in the course of a powerful spiritual awakening at the time! I was literally the monk who sold his own beemer. From February, when I left the US until a couple months ago, I stayed with my parents in Bahrain and decided to doubly respect the time I have before the PPR arrived, so I got busy getting myself in shape. I was fat. In the last one year, I lost net 23 kg (50 lbs) and yet gained a lot of muscle. Now I'm in the best shape of my life!

Around a couple months ago, through the whole 'eligibility not met' nightmare, uncertainty was sky high and it seemed increasingly likely that Canada may never happen for me. So I decided to move back to India and look for a job. Subconsciously though, I was just stalling for Canada, while gaining some interviewing experience. The place that I moved to, unbeknownst to me, turned out to be absolutely hellish. I'd rather not go into all the nasty details, but I was faced with some trials and troubles that made me feel like I am at rock bottom. I had basically given up, and even here, I found contentment. When my health had begun to be affected, I decided three days ago that I need to, at the very least, move to a more developed part of town. I moved here two days ago under the notion of "God only helps those who help themselves". And perhaps he decided to help today.

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR
02 Apr 2019 - Biometrics enrollment
05 Jun 2019 - Medicals passed
08 Jul 2019 - First email to MP Ralph Goodale, found out 'eligibility not met'
11 Jul 2019 - Ordered first GCMS notes
13 Jul 2019 - Web meeting with a Canadian lawyer - advised me to withdraw and reapply (very happy I rejected that advice)
24 Jul 2019 - Received response for submission of updated reference letters (I assumed that was the issue with eligibility, since GCMS notes hadn't yet arrived) - 'application in queue for review by an officer'
22 Aug 2019 - Emailed Ahmed Hussen
03 Sep 2019 - Response from Ahmed Hussen - "NOC code will be changed" (this was the issue with eligibility - wrong primary NOC code)
18 Oct 2019 - Everything passed
24 Oct 2019 - Noticed ghost update for the same
08 Nov 2019 - PPR (285 days - exactly 9.5 months)

Throughout the process, I ordered multiple GCMS notes, about 1-1.5 months apart. Since receiving my first set, I sent multiple webforms to get them to update the NOC code and also called IRCC multiple times. Towards the end, I emailed CIO Sydney to prompt them to look into my application. Looks like something definitely worked!

This cathartic feeling of receiving the golden email is new, just as the experience is new. It is a perfectly blended cocktail of satisfaction, relief and joy! I hope and pray that each and every one of you still waiting, get to experience what I'm talking about - and very soon! Cannot believe I'm on this side of the fence! I would never have come this far without this forum and all the wonderful members here -- far too many to name! I think I will be on these forums for the foreseeable future and help as many as I can :) Good luck and Godspeed!

Last edited:

Nancylyz

Aug 9, 2019
No I didn't re-take my medical tests.

I'm guessing it's my medical getting extended and I'm hoping to hear the good news within a week or two!
I received my ready for visa email today!
2 days after my medical gets extended and 21 days after a ghost update.

My timeline:
Aor Jan 29
Bio Mar 18
Ordered GCMS notes July 25
Received it Aug 31
Realized they have some question so I submitted additional documents (instead of waiting) Sept 3
Ghost update Oct 18
Called IRCC and confirmed everything is good just waiting for the final approval Oct 19
Medical extended Nov 6
Ready for

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I'm drinking a REALLY strong glass of scotch right now.. I've done that a lot in the last few difficult months but today, for the first time in a long time, it is with the intent to celebrate! PPR has arrived!

This journey really started for me about a year and a half ago, when the realization hit that I won't be getting my H1B visa to continue my residency in the US. After 5 years of glory, it finally dawned on me that it was time to depart. I was doing extremely well out there: had a dream job, a sweet sports car, the best coworkers and friends that I will keep for a lifetime! My friends couldn't comprehend that I have to leave, yet the wheels were already in motion. And so began this journey of a thousand steps.

I sold everything that I owned and treasured, and within just two weeks from my AOR date, I exited the US. And all this happened in the course of a powerful spiritual awakening at the time! I was literally the monk who sold his own beemer. From February, when I left the US until a couple months ago, I stayed with my parents in Bahrain and decided to doubly respect the time I have before the PPR arrived, so I got busy getting myself in shape. I was fat. In the last one year, I lost net 23 kg (50 lbs) and yet gained a lot of muscle. Now I'm in the best shape of my life!

Around a couple months ago, through the whole 'eligibility not met' nightmare, uncertainty was sky high and it seemed increasingly likely that Canada may never happen for me. So I decided to move back to India and look for a job. Subconsciously though, I was just stalling for Canada, while gaining some interviewing experience. The place that I moved to, unbeknownst to me, turned out to be absolutely hellish. I'd rather not go into all the nasty details, but I was faced with some trials and troubles that made me feel like I am at rock bottom. I had basically given up, and even here, I found contentment. When my health had begun to be affected, I decided three days ago that I need to, at the very least, move to a more developed part of town. I moved here two days ago under the notion of "God only helps those who help themselves". And perhaps he decided to help today.

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR
13 Jul 2019 - Web meeting with a Canadian lawyer - advised me to withdraw and reapply (very happy I rejected that advice)
24 Jul 2019 - Received response for submission of updated reference letters (I assumed that was the issue with eligibility, since GCMS notes hadn't yet arrived) - 'application in queue for review by an officer'
03 Sep 2019 - Response from Ahmed Hussen - "NOC code will be changed" (this was the issue with eligibility - wrong primary NOC code)

Throughout the process, I ordered multiple GCMS notes, about 1-1.5 months apart. Since receiving my first set, I sent multiple webforms to get them to update the NOC code and also called IRCC multiple times. Towards the end, I emailed CIO Sydney to prompt them to look into my application. Looks like something definitely worked!

This cathartic feeling of receiving the golden email is new, just as the experience is new. It is a perfectly blended cocktail of satisfaction, relief and joy! I hope and pray that each and every one of you still waiting, get to experience what I'm talking about - and very soon! Cannot believe I'm on this side of the fence! I would never have come this far without this forum and all the wonderful members here -- far too many to name! I think I will be on these forums for the foreseeable future and help as many as I can :) Good luck and Godspeed!
YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY

Congratulations man for this long awaited milestone you made it :cool::cool:

Now , pour me a glass, I need one to stay away from frustration:D:D

Piyushagr21

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney & CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-03-2019

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR

Congratulations bro...very happy for you that you receive the ppr email finally. Long journey with fruitful result...all the very best for your future life in canada.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR

Congratulations!!!!! I was thinking about you yesterday and praying that you received PPR when I saw your post regarding ordering a new set of GCMS notes. I wish you the best in Canada !!!!!

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR

Congratulations

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
I received my ready for visa email today!
2 days after my medical gets extended and 21 days after a ghost update.

My timeline:
Aor Jan 29
Bio Mar 18
Ordered GCMS notes July 25
Received it Aug 31
Realized they have some question so I submitted additional documents (instead of waiting) Sept 3
Ghost update Oct 18
Called IRCC and confirmed everything is good just waiting for the final approval Oct 19
Medical extended Nov 6
Ready for
Congratulations!!!!

mohanv8

Oct 29, 2014

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR

On the same boat man. I can feel your anguish. I can see some light now at end of this long tunnel.

Brancov

Sep 24, 2019

Timeline:
29 Nov 2018 - ITA
27 Jan 2019 - AOR

Congratulationsssssssss

Reactions: PrasadK

Kshow

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
HEY GUYs.

Have got Goodnews.

READY FOR VISA mail is here.:D:D:D

AOR--JAN 10
BIOMETRI--FEB 26

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong silence.

NO GU/ADR.
Loads of calls to IRCC, raised Dozen of CSE, Mailed RAPH, mailed ERIN
Requested GCMS -August 30, received Sept 30.

CRIMINALITY PASSED
ELIGIBILITY- RECOMMENDED PASSED.(POF-RR)
SECURITY- NOT STARTED.

Wait continues.........................

REMED-OCT 15 (birthday gift)
2 GU (Nov 1 & Nov 5)
MEDICAL PASSED(Nov 7)
PPR (NOV 7).:):):)

About 10 months of suspense ends here.

Thank you for helping with the burden thus far.
WATCH OUT.
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: AKINYEMZY