File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi my Somali brother (assuming you are a dude :). If not, apologies!).

I hear that they only bring things to the local visa office if they need additional background and security done locally; and when they are about to send you the PPR email. Most people dont need a local check on security (or an interview) so for most people Nairobi LVO will only be involved when sending out the PPR email. This is, of course, crowd-sourced knowledge from this forum and may be incorrect :)

Do you know if they take biometrics in Mogadishu or will they ask you to come to Nairobi VFS?

Good luck though and lemme know when you get the BIL request.

_________

Edit: I see in your signature that you are from Somaliland, not Somalia, so should I be asking about Hargeisa instead of Mogadishu? If so, apologies...
Hello, brother. Long time!

I see from your signature you received PPR. Congratulations. I am unable to send you a private message due to your profile restrictions. I hope everything is going well with you.

I have some questions regarding your application. My earlier application (AOR 27 February 2019) was cancelled in June due to incompleteness. The sad thing was it took them 4 months! Anyways, I launched another application on 26 September. My medical passed on 18th October and same day received BIL. The RPRF request came on 21st October, which I paid on the same day.

Today, I called IRCC agent and she informed that my application is now Nairobi Visa Office, Kenya. I want to ask you if there's any Whatsapp/Telegram group for Nairobi Visa office applicants. In addition, was your application ever transferred to Nairobi and if yes how long between the transfer date to PPR?

There are so few applicants from East Africa on the forum for EE, unfortunately. It is very difficult to predict the process time with Nairobi Visa Office.

Oct 27, 2019
as far as i know , you cannot send passport across countries. Thus u need to give either US or Canada Address or india address where u will send PP for stamping. But off course u need to be at that place for till the time u get the stamping done. Why dont u cancel your india trip , thanks
Thanks for your response, I cannot cancel the India trip as I need to leave the US due to work permit expiration. India is my home base. So, I am planning to go to India and submit the passport, ppr email and 2 photos at the VFS Chennai location. Please let me know what steps i need to take in order to execute this plan smoothly.

I have requested an extension on the 30 deadline for passport submission through email to "CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca" and also Webform. I haven't heard a confirmation of deadline extension. When i reach chennai, I will still have 1 week time balance left on the 30 day deadline, which is cutting it too close.

Any help and guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I would suggest to raise webform and ask for the status of that Document if someone has reviewed it or not because one month has passed since that time.
They keep saying we can't answer anything as your background check is running and we are yet to receive the results.
Typical!

Abax

Dec 29, 2018
A question for those who have got their COPR.

I’ve sent my passports from US to Ottawa for stamping along with a FedEx return label. How will I know when the application is approved ? Also, I got the PPR email but when I log into my account it still says we are processing your application blah blah blah.... is that the same for everyone ?

Thanks,

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
Guys, it's been two weeks since everything passed on my application.. no PPR yet and no remed request either. Should I be worried? Should I maybe contact IRCC preemptively asking for remed or medical extension? Or maybe just sit tight and wait as usual?
I asked the same thing about re-medicals. The agent said "not necessary and they'll contact me if required".

Reactions: PrasadK

Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Guys, it's been two weeks since everything passed on my application.. no PPR yet and no remed request either. Should I be worried? Should I maybe contact IRCC preemptively asking for remed or medical extension? Or maybe just sit tight and wait as usual?
We will hear about possible extension or remedical only in the middle of November, around 2 months before expiry, and only if the don’t issue our pprs before then.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
"they'll contact me if required".
That's exactly the problem.. Them contacting us potentially months later doesn't help anyone. They should accept our inclination to resolve the situation (in this case, the medicals) when we proactively try to get things sorted, instead of making us wait indefinitely! I really, REALLY detest how IRCC goes about some things..

We will hear about possible extension or remedical only in the middle of November, around 2 months before expiry, and only if the don’t issue our pprs before then.
Yeah, as long as they do SOMETHING, that would be great.. Seems like there's plenty of time between your application approval and your medical expiry. Yet they want to just sit on an APPROVED application.. It's nuts!

.. Sorry, just needed to rant and vent a bit! Two steps from the finish line now and IRCC wants to call a timeout.. *sigh*

Last edited:

Mosun

Oct 18, 2019
A question for those who have got their COPR.

I’ve sent my passports from US to Ottawa for stamping along with a FedEx return label. How will I know when the application is approved ? Also, I got the PPR email but when I log into my account it still says we are processing your application blah blah blah.... is that the same for everyone ?

Thanks,
Same here. I have been checking. My profile has not been updated. However when I checked the ECAS link Wunmi of Lagos sent, my status was decision made. I tried to log in yesterday and the system kept saying my records were not found.

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Hello, brother. Long time!

I see from your signature you received PPR. Congratulations. I am unable to send you a private message due to your profile restrictions. I hope everything is going well with you.

I have some questions regarding your application. My earlier application (AOR 27 February 2019) was cancelled in June due to incompleteness. The sad thing was it took them 4 months! Anyways, I launched another application on 26 September. My medical passed on 18th October and same day received BIL. The RPRF request came on 21st October, which I paid on the same day.

Today, I called IRCC agent and she informed that my application is now Nairobi Visa Office, Kenya. I want to ask you if there's any Whatsapp/Telegram group for Nairobi Visa office applicants. In addition, was your application ever transferred to Nairobi and if yes how long between the transfer date to PPR?

There are so few applicants from East Africa on the forum for EE, unfortunately. It is very difficult to predict the process time with Nairobi Visa Office.
Sorry about your long long journey to PPR.

Try this thread, its for people at Nairobi VO: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nairobi-kenya-pr-application.537237/page-19#post-8253931

I was at Ottawa all through.

Try and ping @artemio franchi or @lina_ballerina who were both at Nairobi VO and may have met as a whatsapp group in Nairobi, which I was not part of.

Good luck

Reactions: nns14

Chaabi

Feb 14, 2019
PPR Received

Outland NBPNP
VO: London
AOR: 8-Jan-2019
Med: passed 28-Mar-2019
Got married and wife added 16-Apr-2019
ADR for spouse: 14-Aug-2019
Spouse Med: passed 10-Oct-2019

Reply received from Ralph on 10-Oct-2019 that all Eligibility, criminality, and security checks are passed. File is in queue for final review and decision.

Ghost update 28-Oct-2019
PPR in CIC account 29-10-2019 (not by email)
Passport sent through VFS Abu Dhabi 30-10-2019

Thanks for all your support and hope all will receive it soon, good luck

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
PPR Received

Outland NBPNP
VO: London
AOR: 8-Jan-2019
Med: passed 28-Mar-2019
Got married and wife added 16-Apr-2019
ADR for spouse: 14-Aug-2019
Spouse Med: passed 10-Oct-2019

Reply received from Ralph on 10-Oct-2019 that all Eligibility, criminality, and security checks are passed. File is in queue for final review and decision.

Ghost update 28-Oct-2019
PPR in CIC account 29-10-2019 (not by email)
Passport sent through VFS Abu Dhabi 30-10-2019

Thanks for all your support and hope all will receive it soon, good luck
Told you, congratulations :) and best of luck

Reactions: Chaabi

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Same here. I have been checking. My profile has not been updated. However when I checked the ECAS link Wunmi of Lagos sent, my status was decision made. I tried to log in yesterday and the system kept saying my records were not found.
Mosun, your profile usually doesn't change to ''Approved'' until your passport has been stamped. Everything will remain as is until your passport leaves Accra or wherever it was sent to.

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
That's exactly the problem.. Them contacting us potentially months later doesn't help anyone. They should accept our inclination to resolve the situation (in this case, the medicals) when we proactively try to get things sorted, instead of making us wait indefinitely! I really, REALLY detest how IRCC goes about some things..

Yeah, as long as they do SOMETHING, that would be great.. Seems like there's plenty of time between your application approval and your medical expiry. Yet they want to just sit on an APPROVED application.. It's nuts!

.. Sorry, just needed to rant and vent a bit! Two steps from the finish line now and IRCC wants to call a timeout.. *sigh*
same here, sedney is very slow and killing, no news after i called on 22 OCt and agent said , everything is ok and just wait for the officer to give final clearance. Jan 4 AOR and still waiting, going to be 10 months now ie 300 Days