+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hey guys!

For all of you’ll who remember me, hope most of you’ll have also received your PPR. Kicking into the start of week 4 in Canada, and it’s been awesome. The initial few weeks are crazy and if anyone wants any advice, pls reach out.

For all you guys who are still waiting, please don’t lose hope, things are turning quick now that there is a lot more man power. Our PR cards are being processed in two weeks instead of the 2 months it used to take.

My application took 7.5 months, so 6 months is certainly just a number. As long as you don’t fail eligibility, you will 100% get your PPR. Keep busy and stay positive

Good luck to all!
@rushi.gada @legalfalcon @Bunny Thapar @yiso91 @PrasadK

hi @rushi.gada hope you are doing well. First of all thanks a lot for all the support n guidance provided by you n the fellow group members. I really appreciate that. I have also got my passports stamped n I am ready to leave very soon but I have one doubt in my mind.

I have 2 sisters and they both are living in Canada. Let’s address them as A and B. While filling the application I gave address of B as my destination address n mentioned that I am going to stay with her. B lives in Manitoba. A lives in Toronto. Now I want to visit A first. So when I will land in Toronto n finish all my formalities for landing then - 1. Which address should I give for receiving PR card ? 2. Let’s say I gave the address of B for receiving the PR cards and stayed over with A for 2 weeks then how would I be able to travel to Manitoba from Toronto as I am having an Indian passport only. The PR cards will be dispatched to Manitoba.
Basically I want to ask is CAN I TRAVEL FROM TORONTO TO MANITOBA WITHOUT PR CARDS ? OR DO I HAVE TO LAND STRAIGHT IN MANITOBA FIRST ? Please guide.

P.S. I am an Indian Passport holder.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019

hi @rushi.gada hope you are doing well. First of all thanks a lot for all the support n guidance provided by you n the fellow group members. I really appreciate that. I have also got my passports stamped n I am ready to leave very soon but I have one doubt in my mind.

I have 2 sisters and they both are living in Canada. Let’s address them as A and B. While filling the application I gave address of B as my destination address n mentioned that I am going to stay with her. B lives in Manitoba. A lives in Toronto. Now I want to visit A first. So when I will land in Toronto n finish all my formalities for landing then - 1. Which address should I give for receiving PR card ? 2. Let’s say I gave the address of B for receiving the PR cards and stayed over with A for 2 weeks then how would I be able to travel to Manitoba from Toronto as I am having an Indian passport only. The PR cards will be dispatched to Manitoba.
Basically I want to ask is CAN I TRAVEL FROM TORONTO TO MANITOBA WITHOUT PR CARDS ? OR DO I HAVE TO LAND STRAIGHT IN MANITOBA FIRST ? Please guide.

You have to finish your landing formalities in the first airport you physically land on, in this case YYZ.

However, if you are a FSWP applicant you are free to provide any address within Canada, including your sister's address in Maintoba. To be safe, have a copy of her brith certificate with you to proof your relationship to her in case an officer had to ask you. Another way to go about it is you can inform him you are going to settle in permenantly there but you are only landing in YYZ to visit your family and you will travel to MB thereafter (have your ticket with you as a proof)

zodiac212

Jul 31, 2019
Got remedical request today but not for me for my husband who is a pr holder. I am the principal applicant and my medical expired on October 21, i never got one . Does anyone have similar situation

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Got remedical request today but not for me for my husband who is a pr holder. I am the principal applicant and my medical expired on October 21, i never got one . Does anyone have similar situation
yes i got remed for my family who is not accompanying me but i never got remed request, i think they expire on Nov 14

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019

I have 2 sisters and they both are living in Canada. Let’s address them as A and B. While filling the application I gave address ofB as my destination address n mentioned that I am going to stay with her. B lives in Manitoba. A lives in Toronto. Now I want to visit A first. So when I will land in Toronto n finish all my formalities for landing then - 1. Which address should I give for receiving PR card ? 2. Let’s say I gave the address of B for receiving the PR cards and stayed over with A for 2 weeks then how would I be able to travel to Manitoba from Toronto as I am having an Indian passport only. The PR cards will be dispatched to Manitoba.

You have to finish your landing formalities in the first airport you physically land on, in this case YYZ.

However, if you are a FSWP applicant you are free to provide any address within Canada, including your sister's address in Maintoba. To be safe, have a copy of her brith certificate with you to proof your relationship to her in case an officer had to ask you. Another way to go about it is you can inform him you are going to settle in permenantly there but you are only landing in YYZ to visit your family and you will travel to MB thereafter (have your ticket with you as a proof)
many many thanks... can you please elaborate on the fact that how can I travel from Toronto to Manitoba as on the counterfoil it is mentioned as a single time visa only. Can I travel on the same with my Indian passport from Toronto to Manitoba after my stay of two weeks at Toronto or do I need to have something else for that travel ? I am more worried about the travel from Toronto to Manitoba.
Thanks a lot in advance.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
many many thanks... can you please elaborate on the fact that how can I travel from Toronto to Manitoba as on the counterfoil it is mentioned as a single time visa only. Can I travel on the same with my Indian passport from Toronto to Manitoba after my stay of two weeks at Toronto or do I need to have something else for that travel ? I am more worried about the travel from Toronto to Manitoba.
Thanks a lot in advance.
You dont need passport to travel from Toronto to Manitoba. Both are in Canada. It is similar to travelling from Delhi to Mumbai or any 2 places inside a country.
You will need an id if you want to catch a flight. It can be a canadian Driver's license or Infian passport

atharva30

Aug 22, 2019
Guys finally it's PPR after a long and anxious wait of close to 10 months. Really appreciate the support of the guys on this forum.
And for all those who are waiting please hang in there yours is just around the corner.
AOR: 15th Jan

Meds Passed/BIL: 22 Feb

---- Silence ----

Remeds Request: 18 Oct

Remeds Passed: 29 Oct

PPR: 31 Oct.

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Guys finally it's PPR after a long and anxious wait of close to 10 months. Really appreciate the support of the guys on this forum.
And for all those who are waiting please hang in there yours is just around the corner.
AOR: 15th Jan

Meds Passed/BIL: 22 Feb

---- Silence ----

Remeds Request: 18 Oct

Remeds Passed: 29 Oct

PPR: 31 Oct.
Congratulations and all the best. Can you please share your VO?