BIL - Mar 4
MEP - May 2
ADR (for IMM 5406) - Sep 4
Ghost update - Sep 12
PPR - Sep 13
VO - Ottawa

AdaMazi

Aug 15, 2019
Congratulations Doom, u deserve it... I really admire ur dedication on this platform. Best of luck in ur future endeavors... Cheers

hi,
Finally I also got the ready for Visa Mail.....

Case Details

CEC Inland-VO Ottawa
AOR: Jan 21
Called IRCC for status updates: Jun 21. The agent advised raising GCMS notes request.
GCMS Notes Req: Jun 23
GDMS Recvd: Jul 25 (Status: E: RR, Crimanilty: Passed, Mep: In-Progress, Security: Not started)
Additional Document (i initiated): Aug 13
Webform for change of address: Aug 20
Medicals Passed: 21 Aug
Contacted IRCC on Aug 23 to ensure all the documents are received and that Address is updated. I got to know the status as E: RR, Sec: Pending. Agent Advised I should call back in about a month if i don't get any updates. i have not sent any email to Mr Goodale.I had raised second GCMS on 09-Aug which i have not received yet

I had given up on PR and tired, I left tracking it otherwise. Recent inflow of PPR in Sep gave me a ray of hope. I started looking at my account 2 times a day....I did same today but there was nothing since morning in account or last when i checked at abt 5:10 PM.

at 10:30 PM Eastern Time, I was just checking my email to register for something and saw the Ready for Visa email received at 10:21 PM.
Account status is still as per old.... No updates to online account status. Hopefully this is not a ghost email :)

Mail Advises submitting the passport and 2 photographs of each of the applicant with return envelope.

Coming to the story part..
I have been in toronto for past 2.5 years. Applying for PR was nto an easy decision to be away from home, friends and family in Freezing Cold weather. It is being lonely here. Housing market has skyrocketed so have the house rents which would be your biggest expense in Toronto at least. What made me apply: Cleaner Air and Water, hope for a better future for my children and a thought lets at least get a PR if we are eligible. God knows an year from now, it would be possible to not. We can always decide to go back to home, but coming here might not be possible!
Waiting for so long to take some decisions in life, living on things to fulfill daily needs...if I buy more stuff and have to travel, i will have to spend money and time to discard things...Its been a long wait with a lot of compromises made along the way for this decision to come.

here I am...next step: submit for Visa and COPR.

Thanks to all the people who have become friends in this long journey...never met you people but was good to share ups and downs...

For those coming to Toronto, I would most likely be here so I can try to answer some of your generic queries for Toronto/Canada if you message me separately.

Quick Question: Some folks got ready for interview request directly to get PR. in what scenario does that come?

Wishing everyone who are still waiting all the best.

Reactions: Doom__V

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
How does that help really? Knowing what stage you're in doesn't expedite your process, it's just like calling the call center agents, those efforts are inconsequential.
If you are under security screening, then your processing time will definitely be at least one year, otherwise it won't be that long

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
How does that help really? Knowing what stage you're in doesn't expedite your process, it's just like calling the call center agents, those efforts are inconsequential.
Only small amount of people will be security screened check, at least you need to know if you are on of them

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Looks like the regular number +16139444000 is no longer transfering calls to IRCC. Any alternative?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
If you are under security screening, then your processing time will definitely be at least one year, otherwise it won't be that long
Your GCMS notes won't tell you that you are in security screening. Everyone goes through security screening. Handful goes through detailed screen which can be because of many reasons.
Security screening is done by CBSA and they determine if you need detailed screening or not....
In my case it was everything pending till 23 Aug, but got the email yesterday. It's just visa office are not processing the case in sequence.... I see in other forums that the folks from apr, may have started getting the emails. This is unfortunate.

ocanadaocanada

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Your GCMS notes won't tell you that you are in security screening. Everyone goes through security screening. Handful goes through detailed screen which can be because of many reasons.
Security screening is done by CBSA and they determine if you need detailed screening or not....
In my case it was everything pending till 23 Aug, but got the email yesterday. It's just visa office are not processing the case in sequence.... I see in other forums that the folks from apr, may have started getting the emails. This is unfortunate.
Were you stuck in CIO sdyney when having RR then transfer to ottawa until recently?

PranavEI

Nov 30, 2016
Does the processing time starts when one gets AOR Or when your file reaches to CIC Sydeney, NS?

In my case, my paper file was delivered to Sydney, NS on November 8, 2018 but, I got AOR on August 8, 2019.

Fandango

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Govt run agencies are notorious for their sluggishness. I've heard that during a driving test, they purposely fail you bcoz everytime a driving instructor sits with you for a driving assessment it's money in their pocket. Could it be that delays are approaches to force a remedical for more money?

namrez

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Guys need some help, if my passport is valid till Apr 2020 and my visa is valid till Dec 2019, can I enter Canada for soft landing with this passport in Novemeber (as it would have less than 6 months validity) ?