+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
I have heard from my Canadian colleagues that job search wise, October to January is hoping too much. But being there in January will give you access to all the fresh job openings that come in the new year.
Weather will be a life long reality. If we land in winters, we should be wardrobe wise and mentally prepared. I personally prefer cold weather. The feels like weather in my current city is 51C right now .
So you advise, job seqrch wise, to not ruch and come in October, maybe delay it until December ? so you can get the new jobs of the new year

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
I just paid 5k USD for my daughter's term 1 fee. I can not leave Abu Dhabi until December 15 now. Jan 13, medicals will expire. In a tight spot.
Also, I am in a new job. If I leave until Oct 30, I have 0 days notice. After that it is 90 days. Never thought it will come to this.
I open my gmail inbox and spam folder every few hours as a finger muscle memory now.
Most likely will soft land, settle wife and kid there. I will come back and serve my notice before moving for good.
In spite of all this, in my heart I know that the moment I see that Ready for Visa email, everything will start appearing nice and easy.

Fun fact .. my daughter's new kindergarten teacher is a Canadian. And, they are in love with each other already.
Don't overlap your priorities I guess, if you get the PPR and ready to go, then all what count is financial ressources, whether you stay or you leave your job, and check with local law, I guess employer can not commit you to a notice more than 30 days in most cases, even so you can always negociate .. nobody can keep you by force ..

Reactions: Trumped2018

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Don't overlap your priorities I guess, if you get the PPR and ready to go, then all what count is financial ressources, whether you stay or you leave your job, and check with local law, I guess employer can not commit you to a notice more than 30 days in most cases, even so you can always negociate .. nobody can keep you by force ..
Technically, I can leave tonight and not serve a single day. So, they can not keep me by force but everytime I pass through a GCC airport in future, I would be questioned and stalled. I heard first hand experiences.
Plus, I guess I stand a better chance of saving in the months ahead with tax free pay in UAE.
Will still keep my options open.
At this point in time all this talk rings the idiom "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride" in my head.

Reactions: omarion

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
So you advise, job seqrch wise, to not ruch and come in October, maybe delay it until December ? so you can get the new jobs of the new year
Yes. More like January 15 and after though. One of the senior BAs (he got his PR 7 years ago) in my team here told me this. Also, he says if you are in IT, you are better off in Ontario inspite of sky high accommodation prices as other provinces have scarce openings in IT. Not sure if this information if of interest to you though.

Reactions: omarion

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
There aren't any Govt positions or there aren't any gaps?
There is only one government position..the duration of which I have already stated in the form..the visa officer told me that refill the form without any gaps at this particular serial no in which government positions are to be recorded..don’t know what that mean?

faisalmf

Jun 24, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
just re-submit with all the positions you were having
In that case i will resubmit with the same information..i can not understand what am i missing..even the ircc agent couldn’t find any error in my form

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Yes. More like January 15 and after though. One of the senior BAs (he got his PR 7 years ago) in my team here told me this. Also, he says if you are in IT, you are better off in Ontario inspite of sky high accommodation prices as other provinces have scarce openings in IT. Not sure if this information if of interest to you though.
this information is useful thanks, from where I am standing, any information is welcome, I was planning on soft landing before this PPR got delayed and all my plans were cracked .. so no soft landing for me.. meaning I better prepare

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
In that case i will resubmit with the same information..i can not understand what am i missing..even the ircc agent couldn’t find any error in my form
beware even for one day you should not let any gap, if you were taking vacation for 1 week for example between jobs, don't put it, just choose a day on which the next day you are on the second job, do not leave any gap !!!

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
It's a long month ahead. Let's see what surprises we have :)
I think it's a surprise that you haven't received your PPR yet.

I really thought I would have heard back from the IRCC by now, and it's really souring my impression of Canada.

Anyways, best of luck to all of us.
Luck seems to be the only thing that can help, since the IRCC operates inconsistently.