+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Thanks for the reply brother. In this case should inform CIC about me leaving the job as dont want to hide anything but trying to avoid further delays in PPR as already over 6 months and 12 days. I would appreciate your reply. Thanks!
I don't know if it matters much. I left my job back in Feb but I didn't tell the CIC. My work permit expired back in Feb so I just changed to a visitor status.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Amanjot7

Jun 25, 2019
Passport Req..
15-08-19
True . Just now checked feb group that too is silent . Only draw came yesterday.. any update on your file friend? Post mail to Ahmed Hussain !
No in the February group
A person with 23 February AOR got the golden mail..... we r still the unlucky ones

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello all & @rushi.gada brother

Just a quick update & question, So I resigned from work on an immediate basis today due to circumstances at work. Now I have a question, should I inform CIC about me leaving the job as I dont want to more delay the PPR email.

So I have properly resigned on an email but on an immediate basis.

So I am on a closed work permit that too LMIA one so I cant work now elsewhere till I get PPR.

I called CIC today before quitting they said even if I will leave I dont have to inform them and also it wont affect my file.

On my last called, CIC agent told me that I should have a decision on or before 21st August, 2019 so just want to avoid the delay.

Please share your thoughts on this!

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Criminality : In Progress
Eligibility : Not Started
Security : Not Started
Hey Buddy, I was told that there is not need to inform CIC on anything as you have already claimed points for work experience and submitted proof for the same. People, if they do inform, is only as a precaution and it does not delay any process. The process gets delayed only when there is ADR and you submit supporting for the same.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Yeah . Now I wish file was at NdVO . We are unlucky forgotten jan batch people. That’s strange @rushi.gada your file not touched After given BFD 25/4 .. I repent why I applied ;(
My file was touched in fact. 18th July I got a Recommended Pass on my Eligibility, and my BG check is in process.
I think, the calls and webforms etc triggered the opening of my life, and now I am not planning to do anything until the end of Aug. I will receive my GCMS notes by next week

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
No in the February group
A person with 23 February AOR got the golden mail..... we r still the unlucky ones
Its not ideal, but don't beat your luck on it.
Sooner or later, it will happen.
Trust your file to not have issues. If there are no issues, the PPR can't be held back forever.
At worse if it takes a few extra months, so be it!

I am living my life like normal and that's helping me a lot. Be busy .. time will fly! :)

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Yes I did claim the points but it was under Canadian Experience Class so as far as I know your points are calculated at the time of application what you do post that doesnt have an impact on your file. My status right now will still be Temporary Resident Visa as my work permit is valid till Jan 2020. So I can legally stay in the country till Jan next year but cant work until I get a PR or a New work Permit. I am not sure. Please @rushi.gada share your thoughts on this!
Ideally, don't change your VISA status. I am sure your file will get approved much before Jan 2020
If you are worried, please inform CIC. But like i already said, does not affect your processing times. Its just an FYI type update

ocanadaocanada

Star Member
May 1, 2019
For anyone applied for GCMS, on the page where shows your secondary VO ( probably page 3?), does the created date and update date shows weird date? Mine was created and updated in 2010??? how?...

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Ideally, don't change your VISA status. I am sure your file will get approved much before Jan 2020
If you are worried, please inform CIC. But like i already said, does not affect your processing times. Its just an FYI type update
Hi bunny , whats your CRS score and did you claim 50 points for 1 year Work Permit validity . I hope not then its ok to be in implied status but not sure if your employer would have updated their records and the same will be getting reflected some where in all Canadian databases. i think cic will come to know that you quit so in my opinion you should inform CIC. Also your implied status will be reflected in Canadian dbs. Are you Software Engineer?.

Last edited:

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Yes I did claim the points but it was under Canadian Experience Class so as far as I know your points are calculated at the time of application what you do post that doesnt have an impact on your file. My status right now will still be Temporary Resident Visa as my work permit is valid till Jan 2020. So I can legally stay in the country till Jan next year but cant work until I get a PR or a New work Permit. I am not sure. Please @rushi.gada share your thoughts on this!
If you did not claim for the points 'employment arrangement' i.e. 50 marks and that doesnot offset your score at the time of draw, you are fine.

ginni14376

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Got this reply through web form

loonymango

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
Cairo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23/1/2019
just recived this reply to my webform , aor 23Jan......can anyone shed some light as to what this could mean?

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.