+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

khushboosharma

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Hi.. I called CIC today regarding the status of my application. AOR - Jan 6. The agent said that-
Criminality -Passed
Security- Not started (it seems- he said)
Eligibility- Not started

Any idea how long my application should take further?

In one of my earlier calls, they had mentioned that security is done via third party. So, would it be just a thumbs up from their end and my application should be good to go?

Also, would raising a webform expedite my application? If yes, then how do I do that? The hyperlink of raising the webform on the application home page is not working for me.

My VO is Ottawa. Does anyone have any direct number to contact Ottawa VO? Would calling Ottawa VO help?

Bee_kayy

Jul 8, 2019
New Delhi, India
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-01-2019
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Hi.. I called CIC today regarding the status of my application. AOR - Jan 6. The agent said that-
Criminality -Passed
Eligibility- Not started

In one of my earlier calls, they had mentioned that security is done via third party. So, would it be just a thumbs up from their end and my application should be good to go?

Also, would raising a webform expedite my application? If yes, then how do I do that? The hyperlink of raising the webform on the application home page is not working for me.

My VO is Ottawa. Does anyone have any direct number to contact Ottawa VO? Would calling Ottawa VO help?

Join the club! We are all waiting for the same.
My AoR is 03rd Jan and office Ottawa. I was informed the same about Criminality, Security and eligibility as you. I don't think calling/emailing them helps. It seems like they have not yet looked into Jan applicants as the majority of us haven't received PPR yet. All you can do is wait :)

Reactions: Amanjot7

Luvlyluv

Jul 8, 2019
I
Criminality -Passed
Eligibility- Not started

think

rishu12892

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi all,
Don't lose hope! 15 days left to join elite club :p, As per the news, they have only 3,000 staff member to handles application, which is very less to handle 100,000+ Applications a year. Moreover, surge in Asylum claims is taking there time & resources. Anyhow, I hope by August 2019 all Jan AOR have there PPR. (aka Golden mail)

Any CEC-inland applicant here? who traveled more than one country?
All the best.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hi all,
Don't lose hope! 15 days left to join elite club :p, As per the news, they have only 3,000 staff member to handles application, which is very less to handle 100,000+ Applications a year. Moreover, surge in Asylum claims is taking there time & resources. Anyhow, I hope by August 2019 all Jan AOR have there PPR. (aka Golden mail)

Any CEC-inland applicant here? who traveled more than one country?
All the best.
Me, 5-6 travel history.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
What is your background status ?
Stream: CEC-Inland
AOR: 21st Jan
MEP: 15th March
IP2: 19th March

First ghost update on 2nd June

Called on 7th, 20th, 28th June and 5th July, always eligibility in progress, criminality passed, and security not start

Karthik91

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi,
I received my aor on Jan 29th 2019, biometrics was submitted on March 25th.
Have any of January 2019 aor received ppr..? I have applied under FSWO

ajvasconcelos

Jul 9, 2019
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-01-2019
Hi everyone! I found this forum after my 6 months process timed out (AOR Jan 3rd). You are helping me stay calm and to see that I am not alone in this endless wait. I am still waiting for my PPR as most of you are now. What do you think about ordering GCMS notes at this point? Is it better to wait for any message from CIC?

Visa Office: Ottawa
Last update: Feb 28th (biometrics)

RC...!!!

Star Member
May 28, 2019
Hi everyone! I found this forum after my 6 months process timed out (AOR Jan 3rd). You are helping me stay calm and to see that I am not alone in this endless wait. I am still waiting for my PPR as most of you are now. What do you think about ordering GCMS notes at this point? Is it better to wait for any message from CIC?

You will receive PPR soon. One of My friend, his AOR 31st Dec received PPR yesterday. So in 2-3 days you can expect the golden email hitting your mailbox. Fingers crossed. Pray hard. Stay calm. Everything will be fine

gujju

Jun 28, 2015
I think your lawyer has point.

1). I quit my job so will I be able to apply for work permit extention?
You should apply as bridge work permit not extension. Extension would be the one to continue working with same employer...extend the contract or so.

2). Can I work after work permit application?
Yes, bridge work workpermit allows that.

3). Will I be allowed to enter in Canada if I come before 2 days of expiry?
As your lawyer said, you must come as early as possible. I would suggest to apply bridge work permit or extnesion right now. NOW and have all that proof with you when entering. I think you will be allowed, if you do all that properly and complete asap.

4). If I applied through a lawyer for express entry can I apply by my self for an extension?
You can but you are running out of time. Since, you need all the information of your PR application and need to apply online (everything and asap), probably, it will be best if you apply from your same lawyer.

5). What is the processing time of application?
You can check processing times here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
It is fair bit of long time. Apply online - not paper.

6). What are the documents will I be needed?
If you go online application, you have to answer a number of questions and it will give a tailored list of documents. Basically, it is work permit and you will have to submit the PR application documents for bridge work permit.

Please provide me a expert advise.
I am not expert. For the expert advice, you would need to talk sam lawyer I think.
Ok thank you so much, as my lawyer is not so responsive, I am just waiting for him to reply, He told me last time when I spoke with him that he will apply when I am there.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
What do you think about ordering GCMS notes at this point? Is it better to wait for any message from CIC?
Go ahead and order the notes. If something moves forward in a month, all the better for it. If not, at least you'll know why.

Bee_kayy

Jul 8, 2019
New Delhi, India
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-01-2019
Med's Done....
13-02-2019

Honestly! This group is such a supporting factor. I was losing my mind refreshing my email every 5-10 mins in hope for the golden email :p

ravinder@90

Jul 9, 2019

did you order gcms notes?

Reactions: ajvasconcelos