>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Whiletime

May 3, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi guys! Recieved a ghost update this morning! Finally some movement. Timeline is now 26 days. Does anyone know if this precedes to a PPR email? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
Is it a ghost update or the background check has started?

randomdude

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Been following this thread for a while. Can someone explain to me what a ghost update is? I want to know if I have had that or not. Thanks.

My AOR was Jan, 19th. I have called IRCC and was told my eligibility has not been started. Criminality is pass and security is ongoing.

Maryah$

Jun 6, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21/01/2019
Med's Done....
28/12/2018
Passport Req..
12/09/2019
VISA ISSUED...
26/09/2019
Hi All,

Finally the much awaited email for PPR hit the inbox.....!!!

This forum and ppl connected to it were always helpful....Many Thanks!

VO - Sydney (PNP applicant)
Indian & Country of residence - US
AOR - 30th Jan'19
Ghost Update - 28th May'19
PPR email + Ghost update - 06/06/19

My Best Wishes to all and specially to those who have applied before me and waiting for long...!!!
Congratulations

Reactions: D-source

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
Been following this thread for a while. Can someone explain to me what a ghost update is? I want to know if I have had that or not. Thanks.

My AOR was Jan, 19th. I have called IRCC and was told my eligibility has not been started. Criminality is pass and security is ongoing.
When you frequently check your IRCC account, then someday you notice that in your application status bar (the one before you get into the actual application page) changes from "submitted" "read" to "updated" "new", that is what we called Ghost Update

Lou1234

Oct 29, 2018
Hi All,

Finally the much awaited email for PPR hit the inbox.....!!!

This forum and ppl connected to it were always helpful....Many Thanks!

VO - Sydney (PNP applicant)
Indian & Country of residence - US
AOR - 30th Jan'19
Ghost Update - 28th May'19
PPR email + Ghost update - 06/06/19

My Best Wishes to all and specially to those who have applied before me and waiting for long...!!!
Congratulations!!

Reactions: D-source

randomdude

Star Member
May 15, 2019
When you frequently check your IRCC account, then someday you notice that in your application status bar (the one before you get into the actual application page) changes from "submitted" "read" to "updated" "new", that is what we called Ghost Update
Thanks. My status is Submitted now and it has been like that ever since I submitted my biometrics on Feb, 27th. I have yet to see these ghost updates then.

Reactions: aamool

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Thanks. My status is Submitted now and it has been like that ever since I submitted my biometrics on Feb, 27th. I have yet to see these ghost updates then.
I am exactly in the same situation. No update after Feb end when MEP passed and biometrics provided

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

Today I called IRCC and a nice agent told me my visa office is in Ottawa, so do you have an idea about the processing time of this VO ??

Reactions: khushboosharma

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
Exactly the same here, I got one ghost update at March 13th for ADR, and nothing happened after that

varav

Nov 2, 2014
Hello all,
I applied my PR under CEC. I had a representative before but later in March stating I removed my representative from my profile. I submitted my profile on Jan 17th and my profile is showing 17th July 2019 as a last day of 6 month period.
I received 2 ghost updates since I applied one in March mid and another on May 30, 2019. My background check is in progress and 40 days are left. I am worried about why it’s taking that long? As most of my friends got their ppr in 2 n half months and others in max 4 months.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hello all,
I applied my PR under CEC. I had a representative before but later in March stating I removed my representative from my profile. I submitted my profile on Jan 17th and my profile is showing 17th July 2019 as a last day of 6 month period.
I received 2 ghost updates since I applied one in March mid and another on May 30, 2019. My background check is in progress and 40 days are left. I am worried about why it’s taking that long? As most of my friends got their ppr in 2 n half months and others in max 4 months.
There is no way to compare with ur friends without knowing ur and their visa offices. Even knowing this information, it is hard to tell why some ppl get ppr faster than others since none of us is from the internal and there is no public infor to figure it out. All we can do is waiting. If ur work permit is still valid, don’t put so much attention on this. Just relax and it’ll come for sure someday.

Reactions: varav