+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Brian_Sun

Mar 26, 2019
I believe you probably missed it, since it won’t show as “application updated” and would back to the usual, “submitted”, for your application after you opened it and backed to the main page. I think you are in IP2 stage based on what shows after your BGK section and this should be IP2 if your medical exam passes, which you also meet.
Hopefully, bro.

I’m kinda panicking, as my first application was rejected due to inappropriate NOC after 45 days..

So I’m curious that if I passed the stage of eligibility checking...

I tried called IRRC, it said they have lots of incoming calls, and suggest to call them later...

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Post-submission stages:
False IP2
- Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam." There is no email for MEP.
Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email.
Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background Check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." No email.
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon).
Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email, and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.
This is not my case.

I am a FSW INLAND,
  • I got my AOR on Jan 20, 2019, BG was NA, Medical is undone
  • I got MEP on Feb 28, 2019, BG changed to "your application in progress" and I didnt have to give Biometric because they used mine in 2015 when I first came to Canada.
  • My BG changed again on March 25 from "your application is in progress" to "we are processing your bg check". Same thing happened to my friend, even he is a CEC applicant and the BG changed in 3 days after MEP whereas mine took almost a month
  • They also linked my account number to the same number shows on my Study Permit, Work Permit, Visa
Thus, I think it is case by case they will perform the check. Usually the inland applicants will get the BG check faster as they have the record of BG when we came here to study, unless the applicants have extensive travel history.

Reactions: Wahegurujee

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hopefully, bro.

I’m kinda panicking, as my first application was rejected due to inappropriate NOC after 45 days..

So I’m curious that if I passed the stage of eligibility checking...

I tried called IRRC, it said they have lots of incoming calls, and suggest to call them later...
Hi, I’m sorry to hear about that. Have you consulted anyone before you did this time? I think you don’t need to worry about it too much as I heard somewhere that they will reject at relatively early stage (like your case last time). GL!

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
This is not my case.

I am a FSW INLAND,
  • I got my AOR on Jan 20, 2019, BG was NA, Medical is undone
  • I got MEP on Feb 28, 2019, BG changed to "your application in progress" and I didnt have to give Biometric because they used mine in 2015 when I first came to Canada.
  • My BG changed again on March 25 from "your application is in progress" to "we are processing your bg check". Same thing happened to my friend, even he is a CEC applicant and the BG changed in 3 days after MEP whereas mine took almost a month
  • They also linked my account number to the same number shows on my Study Permit, Work Permit, Visa
Thus, I think it is case by case they will perform the check. Usually the inland applicants will get the BG check faster as they have the record of BG when we came here to study, unless the applicants have extensive travel history.
Not everyone would face all stages. That list is just for ppl to understand some terminology and which stage they are at, not saying all applicants would go through every single stage one by one.

Most ppl AOR-MED-IP1-IP2-PPR. Or even some AOR-MED-IP2-PPR, or AOR-MED-PPR.

rjaff

Feb 25, 2019
Ip 1/2 or Na 1/2 are not accurate for all .. but you can try tracking hold of these.. if it makes u any calmer .

Following can be used if since beginning ur BG is we are processing.
Yeah, that's kind of my case. my status from the MEP is like "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."

it hasn't changed at all.

Reactions: Wahegurujee

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Update....
Hi guys.
I had this ghost update before yesterday and today I received the email to pay RPRF. Just paid and uploaded the receipt.
Countdown start ....:rolleyes::oops::cool::eek::confused::mad::eek::oops::rolleyes:
Congrats...great news and exciting.
What is your current background check status?

Brian_Sun

Mar 26, 2019
Hi, I’m sorry to hear about that. Have you consulted anyone before you did this time? I think you don’t need to worry about it too much as I heard somewhere that they will reject at relatively early stage (like your case last time). GL!
Yeah, I hired an immigration lawyer thins time..

I was rejected at 45 days, the second application now has passed the 63 days...

nigeli87

Jan 15, 2019
Sri-Lanka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Update....
Hi guys.
I had this ghost update before yesterday and today I received the email to pay RPRF. Just paid and uploaded the receipt.
Countdown start ....:rolleyes::oops::cool::eek::confused::mad::eek::oops::rolleyes:
Wow.. Lucky you..
Whats your AOR and are you FSW-O?

manan.mgb

Mar 19, 2019
Ya, its changed from us Jan 2019 guys because biometrics completed is taking us straight into 'background in progress'. Background in progress used to be called IP2 (and signify that an officer was doing final eligibility reviews on your file). Now it has no purpose other than as a next step after biometrics is completed.

The only indication of PPR now for us post 2018 guys is the real ghost update (the 2nd or 3rd one), which also unfortunately doesn't mean much because a lot of people miss the ghost update because its only there for a day, and if you dont log in that day (or write a program to alert you like @USProgrammer) you are going to miss it. So, bottom line: From Jan 2019, just: a. be patient and wait and do not put any hope on the IP2, or b. Check daily for ghost update (and risk going mad) or c. Call IRCC or get GCMS or, d: WAIT.

Because I'm paranoid about my privacy and do not trust the GCMS process (I cant bring myself to write a disclosure form for someone I dont know) Im going to wait. But this may change if I get overcome with anxiety...

:)
My AOR is 24th Jan
MEP 5th March
Biometric Completed on 14th March

From the day I submitted my profile, my background status was, " We are processing your background check. We will let you know if we need additional information".

After a week of biometrics completed, it changed to ," Your Application is in progress. We will let you know when we start the background check."

So, it seems that for 2019 guys, the background status changes for the first time after biometrics. Hope, it will get updated again when they actually start backgrounf check.

Fias34

Feb 5, 2019
Congrats...great news and exciting.
What is your current background check status?
Thanks Bro,
The BG was we are processing the BG but it changed after the ghost update to the file in progress and will inform when we start your BG check