Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Hello Waheguru
I logged in after giving biometrics and my profile showed updated, I am not sure if it is 2nd ghost update or update for Biometrics. My BG status: We are processing your BG Check and will send message if we need more information. I never saw BG status as your application in in progress. Which stage I am in as per you?
The update is not ghost it’s the update for ur biometrics Column as complete

- now in few days your BG will turn to your BG in is progress.. Post biometrics (if u believe in IPs) your real IP1 will show.

Important thing- biometrics time given is 30 days ..u can positively deduct the days if u gave early from ur account timeline .

anas_alam

Mar 23, 2019
Karachi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Post-submission stages:
False IP2
- Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam." There is no email for MEP.
Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email.
Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background Check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." No email.
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon).
Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email, and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.
Ya, its changed from us Jan 2019 guys because biometrics completed is taking us straight into 'background in progress'. Background in progress used to be called IP2 (and signify that an officer was doing final eligibility reviews on your file). Now it has no purpose other than as a next step after biometrics is completed.

The only indication of PPR now for us post 2018 guys is the real ghost update (the 2nd or 3rd one), which also unfortunately doesn't mean much because a lot of people miss the ghost update because its only there for a day, and if you dont log in that day (or write a program to alert you like @USProgrammer) you are going to miss it. So, bottom line: From Jan 2019, just: a. be patient and wait and do not put any hope on the IP2, or b. Check daily for ghost update (and risk going mad) or c. Call IRCC or get GCMS or, d: WAIT.

Because I'm paranoid about my privacy and do not trust the GCMS process (I cant bring myself to write a disclosure form for someone I dont know) Im going to wait. But this may change if I get overcome with anxiety...

:)

Brian_Sun

Mar 26, 2019
Ya, its changed from us Jan 2019 guys because biometrics completed is taking us straight into 'background in progress'. Background in progress used to be called IP2 (and signify that an officer was doing final eligibility reviews on your file). Now it has no purpose other than as a next step after biometrics is completed.

The only indication of PPR now for us post 2018 guys is the real ghost update (the 2nd or 3rd one), which also unfortunately doesn't mean much because a lot of people miss the ghost update because its only there for a day, and if you dont log in that day (or write a program to alert you like @USProgrammer) you are going to miss it. So, bottom line: From Jan 2019, just: a. be patient and wait and do not put any hope on the IP2, or b. Check daily for ghost update (and risk going mad) or c. Call IRCC or get GCMS or, d: WAIT.

Because I'm paranoid about my privacy and do not trust the GCMS process (I cant bring myself to write a disclosure form for someone I dont know) Im going to wait. But this may change if I get overcome with anxiety...

Hello Spotted,

Thanks for your information.

So as for the ghost updates, do you mean, if you don’t check the log in daily, you will miss it? It seems like there are no such ghost email in my account, because I only checked my account twice...

Below is my current application status, please help to see if I’m in the ip2 or what?

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Hi Brian

What I mean is, there is no relevance to the old labels, In progress 1 or 2 (IP1 and IP2).

In the old days, the seniors on this forum had figured out that the changes in the GCK status gave a clue about the progress of evaluation of the file. When teh medical (MEP) was done, the background status would change. This was called IP1, and signaled what they call the r10 (the first background check by a junior officer). Following a successful R10, a senior officer would check all documents for eligibility (making sure that all the academic, experience and medical documents were fine). Once this was done, the background check would go to Not Applicable (NA1). After this step, the officers would check criminality (the PCCs). If successful, this would change the background to in process (IP2). After this stage, the security services would check security (e.g. are you a terrorist? Have you been rejected from a visa previously? Have you ever been deported). Passing this would change the status to Not Applicable again (NA2). This step would also trigger a ghost update, which is when your GCK account would say updated, but when you check it would not show any visible change. This was more or less the process, I may have a few details incorrect but this is the gist of it.

For us, with the biometric completed, the portal is going straight into what used to look like IP2 (i.e. the background process goes into 'in progress'). But no one can tell whether any of the other background processes (eligibility, criminality, security) are happening or not. i.e. there is no way to decode the steps anymore based on the changes in the profile.

So, as @Wahurgurjee is saying, the IP1, NA1, IP2, NA2 sequence to decode progress is now no longer valid.

So, post 2018 the only way to know if you have passed any of tehse stages is to order GCMS notes, or to call IRCC.

Hope this helps,

Spotted.

Hello Spotted,

Thanks for your information.

So as for the ghost updates, do you mean, if you don’t check the log in daily, you will miss it? It seems like there are no such ghost email in my account, because I only checked my account twice...

Below is my current application status, please help to see if I’m in the ip2 or what?

Reactions: Wahegurujee

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018

Too good ...awesome written..good luck.

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
It jumped back to “17 weeks” now. I knew one person whose AOR was on Jan 23 had just received PPR today. Dunno when will be us :(...
Do you know which stream? CEC, FSW or PNP? Also, inland or outland? Helps with the anxiety:p

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Reactions: ulka0410

Brian_Sun

Mar 26, 2019
Hi Brian

What I mean is, there is no relevance to the old labels, In progress 1 or 2 (IP1 and IP2).

In the old days, the seniors on this forum had figured out that the changes in the GCK status gave a clue about the progress of evaluation of the file. When teh medical (MEP) was done, the background status would change. This was called IP1, and signaled what they call the r10 (the first background check by a junior officer). Following a successful R10, a senior officer would check all documents for eligibility (making sure that all the academic, experience and medical documents were fine). Once this was done, the background check would go to Not Applicable (NA1). After this step, the officers would check criminality (the PCCs). If successful, this would change the background to in process (IP2). After this stage, the security services would check security (e.g. are you a terrorist? Have you been rejected from a visa previously? Have you ever been deported). Passing this would change the status to Not Applicable again (NA2). This step would also trigger a ghost update, which is when your GCK account would say updated, but when you check it would not show any visible change. This was more or less the process, I may have a few details incorrect but this is the gist of it.

For us, with the biometric completed, the portal is going straight into what used to look like IP2 (i.e. the background process goes into 'in progress'). But no one can tell whether any of the other background processes (eligibility, criminality, security) are happening or not. i.e. there is no way to decode the steps anymore based on the changes in the profile.

So, as @Wahurgurjee is saying, the IP1, NA1, IP2, NA2 sequence to decode progress is now no longer valid.

So, post 2018 the only way to know if you have passed any of tehse stages is to order GCMS notes, or to call IRCC.

Hope this helps,

Spotted.
Thanks for your helpful information Mr Spotted.

Below is my application status, so I’m confused which stage I’m currently in....

Btw, I didn’t receive any “ghost update” in my account, maybe I missed it? Because I only checked my account twice after AOR...

AOR: Jan 25th.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Medical: you passed the medical exam

Additional documents: we do not need additional documents.

Interview: You don’t need an interview

Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints.

Background check: We are processing yourbackground check, we will send you a message if we need more information.

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Thanks for your helpful information Mr Spotted.

Below is my application status, so I’m confused which stage I’m currently in....

Btw, I didn’t receive any “ghost update” in my account, maybe I missed it? Because I only checked my account twice after AOR...

AOR: Jan 25th.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Medical: you passed the medical exam

Additional documents: we do not need additional documents.

Interview: You don’t need an interview

Biometrics: we do not need your fingerprints.

Background check: We are processing yourbackground check, we will send you a message if we need more information.
I believe you probably missed it, since it won’t show as “application updated” and would back to the usual, “submitted”, for your application after you opened it and backed to the main page. I think you are in IP2 stage based on what shows after your BGK section and this should be IP2 if your medical exam passes, which you also meet.

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Hi Brian

Hope this helps,

Spotted.

Dear @Spotted ,
I highly appreciate your effort for trying to detail the preposition of Unrealistic stages of application.. but trust me soon someone agin will ask

Sir I am in IP1 or IP2 ?? :p