+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

ocanadaocanada

Star Member
May 1, 2019
@All: thanks for your congrats, I really appreciate it.

for the RR: I did not submit any documents for the RR for POF, it got lifted after a while. The reason is because I submitted the gift deed signed by my mom in blue ink, bank account statement and the wire transfer to TD bank from my home country. I just got a RR but no specific reason, probably that the case analyst wanted the officer take a closer look into it.

Hope this helps
By any chance you were assigned to CB01126 too according to your GCMS notes?

Reactions: Tom0712 and PrasadK

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
folks, i finished 9 months today , Jan 4 AOR, i called up my consultant and she said that there is a remedical request for my family. Note that my family is not joining me . They have not asked me for remed. My medical expires on Nov 12.
Any idea what this means, thanks

DeeJayVee

Oct 3, 2019
Hello,

This is my first time here and so looking for some help/guidance. Apologies since I don't know all the acronyms. I got my AOR on January 24 (had submitted my APR on the same day). I am based in the US on work visa in case that is relevant. I still haven't received any approval or denial but got a "Request letter" in MyCIC today for Proof of Funds. The letter said that my financial documents didn't show adequate funds for our family of 3 (short by 3-4k CAD) as they were deducting my entire outstanding student loan from the balance in my accounts. I did not know they would do that. I have to submit POF within 30 days and I will be submitting in a couple of weeks. Have a few questions and would really appreciate the group's guidance:
1. Is this "Request letter" same as ADR or RR that are mentioned in this group
2. How long typically after I submit additional documents, would they typically respond/give decision
3. I realized my passport expires in April 2020. Do you think they'll ask me to renew before giving a decision?
4. If approved for PPR, how long would I have before I have to travel to Canada to get the PR card. I was part of the express entry draw in early December if that makes a difference
5. Also, I noticed here that people got re-medical requests. MyCIC says we passed the medical on March 6. But I don't know when it expires. Is there a typical medical expiration date?
Apologies for all these questions. Would be grateful for any help.
Thanks,
DJV

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hello,

This is my first time here and so looking for some help/guidance. Apologies since I don't know all the acronyms. I got my AOR on January 24 (had submitted my APR on the same day). I am based in the US on work visa in case that is relevant. I still haven't received any approval or denial but got a "Request letter" in MyCIC today for Proof of Funds. The letter said that my financial documents didn't show adequate funds for our family of 3 (short by 3-4k CAD) as they were deducting my entire outstanding student loan from the balance in my accounts. I did not know they would do that. I have to submit POF within 30 days and I will be submitting in a couple of weeks. Have a few questions and would really appreciate the group's guidance:
2. How long typically after I submit additional documents, would they typically respond/give decision
3. I realized my passport expires in April 2020. Do you think they'll ask me to renew before giving a decision?
4. If approved for PPR, how long would I have before I have to travel to Canada to get the PR card. I was part of the express entry draw in early December if that makes a difference
5. Also, I noticed here that people got re-medical requests. MyCIC says we passed the medical on March 6. But I don't know when it expires. Is there a typical medical expiration date?
Apologies for all these questions. Would be grateful for any help.
Thanks,
DJV

It's reasonable to assume that your PoF is under review for inadequate funds.
You do have an ADR (additional document request) for update proof of funds.

It varies.

It's possible. Keep an eye on your application!

It does not make a difference when you got your ITA. It will depend on what date is on your CoPR (this depends on med expiry, but is not always the same date).

Nope. Your application will be updated.

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
I have an ADR.. currently waiting for the review to happen.. should I call for notes? I've never ordered notes before. But since I have an ADR, I'm not sure if now is the right time to order.
If you got ADR that means someone is looking in your file already. So you can wait. Though still no harm in ordering one.
This is more for people who see many months have passed and they didn’t hear anything from IRCC and are getting standard answer to wait.

Reactions: CherylBotelho

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Yup thats the famous group ^^
Always so elated to hear of progress from CB01126.. thanks and have a great life in Canada! Hopefully the rest of us aren't too far behind :) My AOR is just one week ahead of yours, stuck with the same officer.. Your experience gives me some much needed respite!

Quoting you from the past:
I have the feelings we will have the PPR at the same time, because mine is being dead at CIO too lol
Hope that comes relatively true ;)

DeeJayVee

Oct 3, 2019

It's reasonable to assume that your PoF is under review for inadequate funds.
You do have an ADR (additional document request) for update proof of funds.

It varies.

It's possible. Keep an eye on your application!

It does not make a difference when you got your ITA. It will depend on what date is on your CoPR (this depends on med expiry, but is not always the same date).

Nope. Your application will be updated.
Thanks for your reply. A few more follow up questions pls:
1. Assuming the medical expires in 12 months (i.e. March 2020) and my passport expires in April 2020, if approved, would I still be able to travel on current passport. Asking as this would not have a lot of validity left if I travel in let's say Jan/Feb 2020.
2. Alternatively, would you recommend that I apply for passport renewal now and send over new passport details when I have them to CIC? Or would this further complicate the process?
3. Once they issue a CoPR, would it be possible to renew my passport then and send them the new passport information?
4. Is there a number I can call to check this information from CIC?
BIG THANKS AGAIN!

Tom0712

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Always so elated to hear of progress from CB01126.. thanks and have a great life in Canada! Hopefully the rest of us aren't too far behind :) My AOR is just one week ahead of yours, stuck with the same officer.. Your experience gives me some much needed respite!

Quoting you from the past:

Hope that comes relatively true ;)
Thanks for your kind words. I have been in Canada for 4 years now, so it is pretty much my home now. Got a job, a partner and many good friends here. Hope you will make it soon, and I am definitely sure you will.

Tom

Last edited:

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Thanks for your kind words. I have been in Canada for 4 years now, so it is pretty much my home now. Got a job, a partner and many good friends here. Hope you will make it soon, and I definitely sure you will.

Tom
Thanks again man! I'll take all the good vibes I can get :D Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Alna6102

Sep 25, 2019
Hello, this is my first post. I just received email from Erin Weir which says
-eligibility assessment finalized september 30, 2019
-criminality varifications currently valid
-security verification not initiated.
Can anyone tell me what eligibility finalized mean? I haven't received any GU. should i expect ppr soon. A helpful reply would be much appreciated.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
I have an ADR.. currently waiting for the review to happen.. should I call for notes? I've never ordered notes before. But since I have an ADR, I'm not sure if now is the right time to order.
If you have open ADR, try to fulfill that first. You won't get GCMS notes in time to action basis that.... So try submtting ADR as soon as possible to best possible extent

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Thanks for your reply. A few more follow up questions pls:
1. Assuming the medical expires in 12 months (i.e. March 2020) and my passport expires in April 2020, if approved, would I still be able to travel on current passport. Asking as this would not have a lot of validity left if I travel in let's say Jan/Feb 2020.
2. Alternatively, would you recommend that I apply for passport renewal now and send over new passport details when I have them to CIC? Or would this further complicate the process?
3. Once they issue a CoPR, would it be possible to renew my passport then and send them the new passport information?
BIG THANKS AGAIN!
No problem.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, or any sort of an expert. Please reach out to IRCC if you have any pressing questions/concerns.

- I am not sure if it would be a good idea to cut it so close. I don't even know if they will issue a CoPR so close to passport expiry because they explicitly ask you to upload a passport which has at least 6 months validity. Now the situation is even more complex because yours took longer than 6 months.

- I think this is what I would do. You can always raise a CSE and update them via: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

If you're in the US this should take a few days and you'd be done. Also - now that we know you have RR on PoF it's not going to get approved super quickly, right?

- I am not sure about this one either and I've read a few threads explaining that you might need a new CoPR. Again, further complicates the process.

- They've stopped taking calls from the US. you can get a canadian number from Textnow and call 1-888-242-2100.
The Webform link above is a very reliable way to call them.