27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Hello,
I am Jan 27 Aor. I have raised query and wrote to Ralph one month ago and since then no new update. Is it advisable to write to them again now or should I wait more?
They won't recheck your status within 3 months of a previous request, so I'd suggest holding off on that..

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Looking for a statistical opinion from seasoned forum spectators. My AOR is Jan 19. Applied from the US.

Current status:

Criminality - Passed

Eligibility - Not initiated
Security - Not initiated

Processing center: Ottawa

My application has not been updated since April 2019. All of my calls to IRCC say that my application in progress with no further details. A recent email said some of my documents need additional verifications. I don't know what takes 4-5 months to verify.

This has pushed me in the direction of ordering GCMS note, which I did yesterday because I'm getting fed up with the lack of transparency.
Same status, same reply, similar situation.
My GCMS notes should arrive in another 10 days. Black box for now.
My agent says its because of too many applications and some verifications they do in regards to our employment, background, etc.
In general, they are backlogged and delayed. We should not loose our sleep over this. It will happen for all of us in due course for sure. Don't worry.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
True, Below were my details in my GCMS notes received in April. My Info Sharing was completed long back in March as per GCMS notes.
I have been in USA for a while. It looked something like this:
NZL: Finger Prints 0 matching records
AUS: Finger Prints 0 matching records
USA: Finger Prints 0 matching records
USA: Biography NRT(No Reportable Trace)

I assume they might have checked their crime databases with my finger prints in all three countries. As I have lived in US for 4 years, I have given my SSN and all past details like physical addresses, employer details, university details etc.
As per my agent (based on 100s of applications they prepare every week), roughly 40% of Jan applications are still waiting. Most of these should get resolved in the next 3 to 4 weeks.
About 10% of all applications go in long SS every month and get resolved in 9 to 15 months.

But these are past trends. IRCC changed their process a bit from Jan 01. Old IP1, IP2 etc. are not valid anymore. There is no set sequence for processing in terms of eligibility, criminality, security like before. Lot of things run in parallel now.
I know its frustrating. But just wait patiently. It will happen.

shubhamtapadar

Dec 11, 2018
united states of america
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Nomination.....
12-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-02-2019
Looking for a statistical opinion from seasoned forum spectators. My AOR is Jan 19. Applied from the US.

Current status:

Criminality - Passed

Eligibility - Not initiated
Security - Not initiated

Processing center: Ottawa

My application has not been updated since April 2019. All of my calls to IRCC say that my application in progress with no further details. A recent email said some of my documents need additional verifications. I don't know what takes 4-5 months to verify.

This has pushed me in the direction of ordering GCMS note, which I did yesterday because I'm getting fed up with the lack of transparency.
Are you still in US? I've applied on Feb 10 and vo is ottawa.no progress since biometrics

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
Just got off the call with an IRCC agent. She was very nice. This time I called to specifically ask about the Review required on my file. The agent confirmed that I have RR on my file; however, there was nothing to worry about. She said that it is quite routine to have RR on a file. The last time i called on 13th August, the agent sent a reminder to which the agents replied saying that my file is now due for completion by next 2-3 months.
So, I guess it is going to be a long wait for me...

Some pointers:
  • RR is routine.:)
  • October/November seems to be the month for many PRs now since they are delayed.o_O
  • No point getting frustrated over completion. They will happen when they do. :p
  • Atleast I can move on with my life for now. Hope CIC surprises me earlier :rolleyes:

Maysa74

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Just got off the call with an IRCC agent. She was very nice. This time I called to specifically ask about the Review required on my file. The agent confirmed that I have RR on my file; however, there was nothing to worry about. She said that it is quite routine to have RR on a file. The last time i called on 13th August, the agent sent a reminder to which the agents replied saying that my file is now due for completion by next 2-3 months.

Some pointers:
  • October/November seems to be the month for many PRs now since they are delayed.o_O
  • No point getting frustrated over completion. They will happen when they do. :p
  • Atleast I can move on with my life for now. Hope CIC surprises me earlier :rolleyes:
What about your Criminality and Security status? Is the delay because of RR or it's because of too many applications?

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
What about your Criminality and Security status? Is the delay because of RR or it's because of too many applications?
Hi Maysa,
My criminality is in progress, security not started yet. The delay is due to the number of applications and time taken for background check.

Reactions: Maysa74

Maysa74

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi Maysa,
My criminality is in progress, security not started yet. The delay is due to the number of applications and time taken for background check.
Thanks for replying. Actually my Criminality and Security are cleared and the agent told me that eligibility is in the final review so I was just wondering how long the delay can be...

Bee_kayy

Jul 8, 2019
New Delhi, India
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-01-2019
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Hi Guys,

Need some help understanding this situation. I ordered my GCMS notes on 08th July and received them on 21st August. As per my notes (as far as I could understand them), my file was last updated in March. According to them, my eligibility and security have not yet started and criminality and medicals are passed. My last notes read - Documents set for review - client information...etc.

However, as per my last call with the CIC agent on 10th/11th July 2019, I was told that my eligibility was recommended passed.

What does this actually mean? Should I call CIC to check about it? My AoR is January 03rd. I am closer to completing 8 months soon.

Karthicp2000

Jul 29, 2019

Some pointers:
Should we worry if federal election in Canada will impact our application? Will there be any chance for the new government to hold our applications which is delayed? I know it is a hypothetical question, but have anyone read any news related to it?

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Guys, I am trying to call IRCC on the number +1 888 242 2100 but no answers .. the phone is saying : "we can not dial this number please check the number and dial again "

please help